Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    I save up my bills to pay all at once, once or twice a month, and then it becomes a big project that I keep procrastinating.

vCash
    I hate that I'm a total drama queen about little things. I try hard to keep it inside and not annoy everyone around me with it, but the is still there and I can't stop stewing over it, however hard I try.

I also hate that I am apparently incapable of deleting e-mail. In my inbox at this moment, there are 2016 messages. I am not making this up.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I think there's a differentiation between "things you hate about yourself" and "things about yourself you would like to change". "Hating myself" is something I outgrew in junior high, thankfully!
    Very wise words!

Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I can't seem to fight the terrible habit of being late to everything. I think it mostly stems from the optimistic belief that I don't really take as long to get ready as I think I do, or that things don't take as long as I think they do.
    I do that too. I am chronically 10-15 minutes late. Sometimes it's for the reasons you suggest. But, even on days where I vow to be early, leave 30 minutes earlier than I need to, something will happen to make me 10-15 minutes late. Like an unexpected detour, a school bus broke down, I'll realize that my car is running on fumes and I need gas. I know that this is disrespectful of other's time, and I feel awful when it happens. I just can't seem to get the time planning right. I have actually, on occasion left myself so much time that I arrive an hour early, when the fates are on my side . When that happens, and I'm meeting someone who knows me well, they almost faint from the shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    ETA: Oh, and I forgot to add, my forgetfulness. Seriously, it's getting really bad. I used to be bad with names and faces -- now I'm bad with names, faces, and all kinds of other details. I'm starting to embarrass myself on a regular basis.
    I am horrible with remembering names. I read, once, that the reason we forget names is because we are not paying close enough attention when we are introduced. So, I took that to heart and decided that I would carry around a small notebook and write down the person's name. I would print it and cursive write it and say it several times in my head. then I would write down some sort of memory trigger for the name. I still cannot remember names. But, I do have my little notebook for reference .

I am not particularly shy, but I am somewhat insecure. I feel very uncomfortable in social situations when no one is talking. I always feel like I have to say something to end the awkward silence. Consequently, I frequently talk too much. I do talk to everyone - I say hello to strangers I pass. The one thing about my insecurity that I would like to change is that I always feel like I am not being understood. I tend to repeat myself and rephrase a lot. I know you are all shocked by that. It can come off as being insistent, but it's more that I'm not sure I'm being clear.

vCash
    I also hate that I am apparently incapable of deleting e-mail. In my inbox at this moment, there are 2016 messages. I am not making this up.
    I do that too. I have emails that go back to 1998. 372 pages of emails on my account! They've served me well on calling people out on their lies!!!

vCash
    How about 7916? and I'm not even freaked out about it. It's nice to have an archive. Although one time I did question someone about his response to an emailed housing form and it turned out I was looking at his response from the previous year...

vCash
    I'm the opposite, I hate emails building up. I delete them as soon as I read them, unless it's something I need to save. I've deleted a few I shouldn't have .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    How about 7916? and I'm not even freaked out about it.
    Suddenly I feel better!

And yes, I admit, it is nice to have an archive.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    How about 7916? and I'm not even freaked out about it.
    9658 beat ya!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Hey, an inbox full of old e-mails can be really helpful. I go back to e-mails from 1999 all the time to remember what I was doing!

I'm overly sensitive in the dating area. I mope over rejection from guys long after they've totally forgotten I ever existed!

I'm waaaaaay too bitter for my own good about my 35-and-still-single status.

I'm horribly jealous of my older sister, who was always the Beautiful One (I have verifiable evidence: guys approached me in junior high to tell me how beautiful my sister was), and who married a Beautiful Man and had three Beautiful Children.

Hmm, seems to be a running theme here
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    9658 beat ya!

Adding in my work and school accounts I have 20,960 (and I do delete spam and have had to delete a lot of stuff because I was getting to the mailbox size limits. I'm sure I'll be getting those warning emails again soon, and they always are really annoying ).
    Last edited by RFOS; 07-01-2010 at 04:18 PM.

vCash

Me, too. I have almost 4000. Why? Why do we do this???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I save up my bills to pay all at once, once or twice a month, and then it becomes a big project that I keep procrastinating.
    Me too. And it annoys me that they are not all due at the same time to nicely fit in to my once a month payment schedule!
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    Oh goodness, I don't post on here much, but I can relate to so much on here that I can't resist getting back in the habit. I don't even think I can keep count of the many "issues" I feel I have and the many little things I dislike about myself.

-I'm so terribly paranoid about certain things that I'm beginning to think it's a psychological problem. I'm 18 years old, and I've recently had this paralyzing fear that I'm not where a "normal" 18-year-old should be in life, though I'm aware that that's probably not the case. It's quite like some people describe a mid-life crisis...guess that came a little early. I wish I could just relax.

-There's this weird discrepancy between how I perform and how I prepare when it comes to some performance arts I'm involved in. I dance and play the piano, and I've been told I'm very talented and passionate on stage. Those qualities don't seem to translate into lessons, however -- I'm very stiff and terrified during those and am definitely not the same person I am on stage. It's strange because most people seem to have the opposite problem. I hate it so much because I feel like it's preventing me from realizing my full potential in both areas.

-I get burnt out and overwhelmed very easily. I was far more responsible and organized as a freshman in high school than I am now, and I have a feeling that my taking things a little too seriously and burning myself out might have something to do with that. I hate the "getting overwhelmed" part because it has prevented me from tackling things in a level-headed manner.

-I don't procrastinate, much, but I'm not very efficient. Work that should take me one hour often takes me three.

-I process orders and ideas very slowly, and I am incapable of multitasking.

-I'm also perfectionistic to the point of it doing more harm than good.

This is quite a mountain of things to fix two months before I leave for college.

vCash
    I HATE using the phone too unless it is to call my sisters, my mom or my best friend. I know this bothers a lot of people but I mean to make plans why do u have to have a whole conversation? I will see you at wherever we made mak plans to go LOL.

But that is not something that I really HATE about myself. Probably other people hate it about me LOL.

I am 100% a procrastinator. I do hate that quality but I have no idea how to stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Fire View Post
    Oh goodness, I don't post on here much, but I can relate to so much on here that I can't resist getting back in the habit. I don't even think I can keep count of the many "issues" I feel I have and the many little things I dislike about myself...

...This is quite a mountain of things to fix two months before I leave for college.
    I think you're being way too hard on yourself. Many young adults have similar feelings. Your life is changing dramatically right now. It is exciting, but it is also a little scary. Explore. As far as your anxiety during lesson time/comfort performing: Maybe there is some unresolved issue with the teacher? Does the teacher make you nervous? Maybe it's not you. This is something that I am sure you can work out. Try talking to the teacher, maybe he/she can help you find a more comfortable relationship. But, first - stop being so hard on yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    I am 100% a procrastinator. I do hate that quality but I have no idea how to stop.
    The answer will come tomorrow, or the day after

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    When I first met my husband he use to pay his bills like this, most of them were late and it cost him more in late fees that he was actually spending more than he earned.

Straightened his butt out real fast. He was amazed how much money I could save by the end of the month by paying his bills ON TIME.

Now I pay ALL bills online, I set them up at the beginning of the month and just monitor the account frequently.

Budgets are essential in this day and age and counting pennies, literally counting pennies is survival for us!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    I procrastinate and procrastinate and procrastinate on basically everything. I'm doing it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    When I first met my husband he use to pay his bills like this, most of them were late and it cost him more in late fees that he was actually spending more than he earned.

Straightened his butt out real fast. He was amazed how much money I could save by the end of the month by paying his bills ON TIME.

Now I pay ALL bills online, I set them up at the beginning of the month and just monitor the account frequently.

Budgets are essential in this day and age and counting pennies, literally counting pennies is survival for us!
    I pay everything on time as well. As far as charge cards, I use debit cards. If I don't have it, I don't spend it.

But, I don't pay on line. And I insist on itemized statements, especially from Verizon. I have gotten too many bills with errors to pay them without thoroughly inspecting them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    I don't really see the difference between being chronically late and chronically early. If you're always 10 minutes early, I would assume that you have similar time management issues that someone who is always 10 minutes late has.
    I totally agree with this. I find extreme earliness very rude, too.

Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Going out to dinner is less flexible in terms of time, especially if you have reservations, but again, if someone says "around 7 for drinks, reservation at 7:45", I take that to mean "arrive a bit after 7, not exactly at 7". I would try to arrive at around 7:10-7:15. 7:41 is extreme, and I would never do that without calling and saying that I would be late, but the poster who shared that story should be thankful that the friends in question at least arrived before the reservation, not significantly after, which I have had happen to me...
    That poster was me! I am just thankful we made the plan to meet early for drinks or I'd bet money that they would've been 41 minutes late to dinner. I even texted my friend at 7:15 to say "I'm here," to which she replied, "En route!" I immediately knew that she actually meant, "We are running around our apartment, looking for keys and purses and haven't actually left yet." They didn't even apologize for being late. It's always like "La la la.. hug hug good to see you..." whenever they are late. Which is all the time. Good thing I didn't wait for them to start my cocktail hour or I would've been testy.

I really don't have a problem with being 10 minutes late to something that doesn't have a definite starting time. Stuff happens and I get that. But making people sit alone for extended periods of time or causing the group to miss things because of their tardiness... well that's inexcusable to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Fire View Post
    I'm 18 years old, and I've recently had this paralyzing fear that I'm not where a "normal" 18-year-old should be in life, though I'm aware that that's probably not the case. It's quite like some people describe a mid-life crisis...guess that came a little early. I wish I could just relax.
    Newsflash: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NORMAL.

Sorry to shout. But it's true. There are an infinite number of paths your life can take, and just because SOME people follow a certain order does not mean that YOU should follow it as well. The more variety of adults I meet, leading a variety of lifestyles, the more I feel comfortable that whatever path my life takes, it is mine and mine alone, and that's OK. (Easier said than done, I know)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast