Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This one or both?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I hope so. It had better be Neville. The Neville scene was epic.

And I am personally quite excited for NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH.

...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I hope so. It had better be Neville. The Neville scene was epic.
    I feel like they merchandised the crap out of Neville being suddenly awesome with movie!OotP came out (I certainly own a 'Neville is my hero' shirt) so I'm not too concerned about them dropping his crowning moment.

vCash
    My brother just finished reading Deathly Hallows on a cruise I'm currently on. I've been dying to talk to him about it. I told him I anticipate being disappointed because I want the entire "final battle" (from the moment they get into Hogwarts through Hogsmeade through to Tom Riddle's demise) to be presented as written. The sheer imagery of that final battle in the book is so vivid, I just know that the movie is not going to do it justice. All I know is I better see Mandrakes going over the walls to the Death Eaters! (That part still makes me chuckle!). I really want to see all aspects of the teachers and students mounting their defense of Hogwarts. And they better not short change Snape's part in the final battle.

4 More Years
    vCash
    I hope they don't shortchange Snape's memory scene.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    And I am personally quite excited for NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH.
    Ugh, I thought that was a really weak line thrown into an otherwise excellent book (the sentiment I was fine with but it was too much of an Alien Saga ripoff).

I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films. There's such a bunch of non-action in the middle of the book... I'm worried that we're going to see a lot more added to both films to pad them out. But I just really don't want to overall timeline screwed with -- the trailer clearly says it's for Part 1, but the biggest scene we see is from the very end of the book.

Agree that if Neville's part in the end is changed there will be hell to pay.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films. There's such a bunch of non-action in the middle of the book... I'm worried that we're going to see a lot more added to both films to pad them out. But I just really don't want to overall timeline screwed with -- the trailer clearly says it's for Part 1, but the biggest scene we see is from the very end of the book.
    I think the first part ends with them being captured by the snatchers.

vCash
    I'm also curious to see where they split it. Judging from what they've given us in the trailer, it could be that Voldemort will AK Harry and the first part will end with all the Death Eaters standing around an unconscious Harry. I really hope it's not though, because that part is near the end and after the first battle of Hogwarts. That would leave very little for the second movie, relatively speaking. Just the Nagini part, 2nd battle, the death of Voldemort, the aftermath, and the epilogue. Not much at all.

My hope is that they'll cut it with the trio going into Hogsmeade. That way they'll have plenty of time for the battle at Hogwarts and the death scenes in the second movie, and everything in the first half won't be so rushed.

It could be that they threw that part in there to confuse everyone. And it worked!

vCash
    I've always regretted that they cut out the scenes with the PM at Downing St. They added a bit of lightness that I liked. It also sort of connected the two worlds - Muggle/Non Muggle.

vCash
    I would have liked to see that, but I understand why they cut it - it was a lot of exposition, not a ton of action.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Ugh, I thought that was a really weak line thrown into an otherwise excellent book (the sentiment I was fine with but it was too much of an Alien Saga ripoff).
    I still wish

Spoiler

last duel was more with Casey Fcukin' Ryback than Jamie Olivier.

Otherwise I understand the reasoning behind it, too.

vCash
    Woah peeps, the trailer didn't show any part of Nagini being chopped - it's just rapid editing. The snake scene must be from Godric's Hollow (hence being inside a small upstairs room) and then rapid edit to Harry and Ron outside in a dark forest (hence completely different scenes) with the locket horcurx.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve
    I'm just really curious about exactly where in the book they'll slipt up the films.
    The director and other people involved with the films mentioned the split being when they are captured by the snatchers - having a suspenseful ending in mind. However, recently Yates mentioned changing their minds about the split and going for a more "emotional" ending; which people seem to be hinting is Dobby's burial.

ETA: If it is indeed Dobby's burial that would mean the majority of DH 2 will be at Hogwarts. The only other major action sequence following Shell Cottage is Gringotts. That sounds reasonable when considering the desire to have the battle of Hogwarts be an epic event, but it makes me wonder what DH 1 will be like -from beginning to Shell Cottage that is A LOT of stuff to fit in.
    Last edited by NinjaTurtles; 07-01-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post

The director and other people involved with the films mentioned the split being when they are captured by the snatchers - having a suspenseful ending in mind. However, recently Yates mentioned changing their minds about the split and going for a more "emotional" ending; which people seem to be hinting is Dobby's burial.
    I guess they really want people to come out of the theater sobbing.

My personal opinion has always been the ideal place to split TDH is either before or after they are taken to Malfoy manor. So either scenario works for me.

vCash
    I seem to remember pictures of Shell Cottage being leaked ages ago, so I think the split occurring right after Dobby's burial sounds right to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    I've always regretted that they cut out the scenes with the PM at Downing St. They added a bit of lightness that I liked. It also sort of connected the two worlds - Muggle/Non Muggle.
    Yes! Loved these bits in the books as well. Hurry up, November.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtles View Post

ETA: If it is indeed Dobby's burial that would mean the majority of DH 2 will be at Hogwarts. The only other major action sequence following Shell Cottage is Gringotts. That sounds reasonable when considering the desire to have the battle of Hogwarts be an epic event, but it makes me wonder what DH 1 will be like -from beginning to Shell Cottage that is A LOT of stuff to fit in.
    I think it makes sense to have Dobby's burial being the ending for the first film...although that's gonna make a movie that starts and ends with a lot of sadness.

I think we're gonna get a lot less Number 12 Grimmauld Place, and less time in the woods. Both of these locations were mostly prep for what was to come, and the woods in particular was setting an atmosphere that isn't going to translate as well on film. Unfortunately I think we'll lose the change in how the kids relate to Kreature (and he to them). It was a great part of the book but not directly necessary for the action parts.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am so glad I am not the only one to think so.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I have to re-read Deathly Hallows now...
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I have to re-read Deathly Hallows now...

I'm re-reading the whole series from the start.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

from Speedy Death

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast