Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    LOL, I am completely the opposite. In recently re- watched Adam's performances at Worlds and once again was struck by how fluid, musical and sincere he is. I loved both his SP and LP.
    I am also very glad Adam is partcipating in choreography. A lot of of creative skaters do, at one point or another.. I am glad he starts early.
    Me, too..

I loved both of his programs from last year. There is an "Angel Boy" quality to his skating and I think that his purity came through in both of his programs..

Looking forward to both of his new programs..And, like Adam, I could listen to Rach 2 forever..

vCash
    I liked his LP from last season too. He doesn't have interpretation at this point to make such program really shine but it was a very pleasent one and the quality of his skating is already great. Plus he had wonderful and interesting music.

More music this season that was done to death and more. I guess it's better to give up and not expect something original from skaters. At least he's skating to the music he chose himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    Am I the only person who liked last year's LP?
    Not at all; I thought they were great!!

Not thrilled with these overused music selections, but that's ok. Love me some Adam anyway!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    Me, too..

And, like Adam, I could listen to Rach 2 forever..
    Does that include the people whose posting names are inspired by this piece?
    Last edited by Rock2; 06-29-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Love Adam. I'm also pleased that he seems to be getting some good support from USFSA. He's got great GP assignments and good buzz in the off-season.

I'm looking forward to seeing his programs.

vCash
    I know I'm going to get negative rep for this, but...well...I don't have any friends anyway, so...

To be clear, I'm a Rippon fan. But, I'm going to be as delicate as I can here and suggest he lose about 10 lbs. I'm not saying he's overweight, but his body type is a little bottom heavy. He lacks jump height, speed and quickness on the ice while his stroking is slightly labored. I think this can all be noticeably improved with a leaner build and this could help him get to the next level.

Again, not being critical of him in general or encouraging him to start barfing up his dinner as there are safe and healthy ways to lean out a little, but you can bet I'll be pulling this post out of the archives when he does ultimately go in this direction.

However he approaches the coming cycle, I wish him success!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I know I'm going to get negative rep for this, but...well...I don't have any friends anyway, so...

To be clear, I'm a Rippon fan. But, I'm going to be as delicate as I can here and suggest he lose about 10 lbs. I'm not saying he's overweight, but his body type is a little bottom heavy. He lacks jump height, speed and quickness on the ice while his stroking is slightly labored. I think this can all be noticeably improved with a leaner build and this could help him get to the next level.

Again, not being critical of him in general or encouraging him to start barfing up his dinner as there are safe and healthy ways to lean out a little, but you can bet I'll be pulling this post out of the archives when he does ultimately go in this direction.

However he approaches the coming cycle, I wish him success!
    Everyone knows that he struggles on the triple axel and that losing weight can help with jumps. No controversy here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Everyone knows that he struggles on the triple axel and that losing weight can help with jumps. No controversy here.
    This isn't just a response to your post - but to this theory.

I understand the concept - smaller = faster rotation, lightness = easier to get off the ground.

But what puzzles me is if it is universally better to be thinner and lighter for the sake of jumps - then why were Midori Ito and Tonya Harding the first 2 women to consistently land triple axels? In the history of women skaters they are certainly not the tiniest!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post

I understand the concept - smaller = faster rotation, lightness = easier to get off the ground.

But what puzzles me is if it is universally better to be thinner and lighter for the sake of jumps - then why were Midori Ito and Tonya Harding the first 2 women to consistently land triple axels? In the history of women skaters they are certainly not the tiniest!
    The really big legs and lower body only work for you if they generate a lot of power.

vCash
    Pj Kwong's August 6th blog: Catching up with Adam Rippon

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Thank you, Sylvia!

I love him. I'm kvelling.

I met his mom briefly at Skate America in Everett. At least that's what her credentials said. I have my doubts: no way six babies came out of that small person.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Pj Kwong's August 6th blog: Catching up with Adam Rippon
    Hmmmm. He's consistently landing 4toes in practice...

vCash
    The exact wording is: "I watched as Adam stay[ed] upright on the landings of all of the Quad Toes that he attempted. They are a work in progress..."

vCash
    The exact wording is: "I watched as Adam stay[ed] upright on the landings of all of the Quad Toes that he attempted. They are a work in progress..."
    Please allow me to fantasize about a US skater who moves like John Curry and jumps like Brian Boitano

vCash
    Sorry, go right ahead!

vCash
    Sorry, go right ahead!
    Seriously, I just got excited by that sentence because there is just something about Adam that makes me a fan. I can tell he will probably be a fave of mine in the next quadrennial.

vCash

buzz kill

ummmm... I hope he reveals power, and a consistent 3axel as well!!! Oh and it wouldnt hurt him to STOP PUMPING UP AND DOWN AS HE STROKES!!!!!

I actually think that he could almost be a trained and polished Johnny Weir but as it stands... he leaves a lot to be desired.

vCash
    Cool!! I personally like Prokofiev's R&J better but I think Tchaikovsky's fits Adam better.

As for Piano Concerto No.2, that's one of my favorite pieces. I can't wait to see both programs!!!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I just love Adam and am really looking forward to seeing him this year. Thanks very much for the link, Sylvia.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post

That's a good point. If you're too thin, then you run the risk of lacking power and/or stamina. But Midori and Tonya, still, by athlete standards, were fairly petite. Their build was just more stocky compared to other skaters and both had pretty muscular legs so they got that extra spring in their jumps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast