Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2010 Japan Open

vCash
    To be honest, I liked Bells of Moscow and even preferred it to Yuna's Gershwin program. Maybe it didn't look right on Asada, but I found some of the criticism directed at the program itself were way harsh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    To be honest, I liked Bells of Moscow and even preferred it to Yuna's Gershwin program. Maybe it didn't look right on Asada, but I found some of the criticism directed at the program itself were way harsh.
    Me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySlore View Post
    And I thought I was the only one who liked it!

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    And I thought I was the only one who liked it!
    Can't remember which time she skated it clean (except for a tiny stumble at the end) - think it may have been NHK. Anyway it was fabulous. It took a while to grow on me, and at first I thought it was all wrong for her, but seeing it skated clean, "and in the zone" made such a difference. I loved it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Can't remember which time she skated it clean (except for a tiny stumble at the end) - think it may have been NHK. Anyway it was fabulous. It took a while to grow on me, and at first I thought it was all wrong for her, but seeing it skated clean, "and in the zone" made such a difference. I loved it.
    I think you're talking about her NHK performance of Masquerade LP, not "Bells". It was the best performance of this program, better than the one she did later at WTT.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I thought that perhaps of all the skating performances I've ever seen, this one made the absolute most of music that really didn't suit the skater. All credit to Mao for such an achievement.
    Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I think you're talking about her NHK performance of Masquerade LP, not "Bells". It was the best performance of this program, better than the one she did later at WTT.
    Oh you're right, I was. However I had the same experience last season with Bells - I think she skated clean at 4CC, right before the Olys. And it was really powerful.

vCash
    Bells was the best at Worlds where as a program it blew everything else away. It was also good at 4CC. At the Olympics it was't that good she hit the rut in the ice and than popped that jump and it was messy.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223