Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    The Incredible touch screen is not nail friendly, but is very easy to use (horizontally or vertically). I have rather wide fingers and can still use it easily; it's what sold me on it, actually.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    For those that have the Incredible, how is the keyboard mechanism? I'm a bit leery of getting something with a touchscreen keyboard - I've used my dad's BB Storm and it was really annoying - half the time the letters wouldn't show up, you had to touch again and again.
    The Storm's not the best smartphone to judge touch screens by, it uses a different type of tech and is not as well liked overall. You'll likely be fine with the Incredible after the adjustment period.

Comparing Droids to the iPhone...hmm. I can tell you what I don't have:

1) Free Navigation courtesy of Google - a lot of people love it
    2) Flash!!! Imagine possibly watching IceNetwork.com on the Evo or Droid X???
    3) Widgets and customization in general. The iPhone finally allows you a static background wallpaper, but that's about it. Compare that to say the cool Super Mario seen here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pf6XZge_Mo
    4) A much better notification system for emails, texts etc. For example if I get an email and didn't hear the sound, I wouldn't know until I actually saw the icon. This is probably going to be one of the biggie "should have been done long ago" updates come next year in iOS 5, like multitasking this year.
    5) Little things like for example, no quick toggles to switch wifi on or off.
    6) On the iPhone apps are completely restricted to what Apple approves unless you jailbreak, Google Voice not being approved is probably the most prominent example. You don't have that degree of restriction with Droids (some claim this is a positive and others negative, you'd have to decide).

The flip side being that the iPhone is more "polished" with a pleasing UI, the iPod and integration with iTunes is huge, and while most major apps are now on Android the iPhone will usually be first to get support for anything - witness the new Hulu Plus and upcoming Netflix. And it still has one of the most responsive screens out there with extremely smooth scolling.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Lara; 07-05-2010 at 07:40 AM.

vCash
    Just got my first smart phone, Droid X, and wondering what took me so long to take the plunge?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12