Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Droid Incredible

iPhone, schmi-Phone - I just got my new Droid Incredible.

It's my first 3G and oh boy, I am geeking out big time over this beauty! It's going to take me awhile to fully go through all the apps available and figure out exactly how to set up everything I want.

Anyone else have one?
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Nope, but we're due to upgrade in October if we want. I'm considering getting one of the many Droids to replace my Motorola 9q. What's so snazzy about a Droid? Do you have to do a data plan??

vCash
    I don't have an Incredible, but I heard they are great. As for apps, I just got Swype. It is spectacular. Makes typing so much better. I love Reverse Lookup too. I can use it to send all those pesky robocalls straight to voicemail. The other awesome thing about android phones is that if there's an app I want and can't find, I just get my genius husband to write one.

vCash
    I think that Droid phones in general are going to be the next big thing. I like my Blackberry, but my dad just got the Incredible and it is awesome.

INTJ
    vCash
    Can anyone compare a droid with an iphone? In the next few months I'm going to be upgrading to a smartphone. I know I don't want a blackberry, and I love apple products but the droids intrigue me.

vCash
    Yes, you do need a data plan. I don't know much about iPhones, but the Droid can run multiple apps at once. In fact, one of the free apps is to shut all the other apps down to save battery time when I'm not using the phone. It's so fast! The camera is an 8 megapixel and is pretty good for a phone camera. The apps are endless!

Like I said, I don't know much about iPhones. But I do know that the CNET.com review of the Droid Incredible basically said that iPhone needs to watch its back.

My particular favorite is the voice recognition, which makes it easier to send compose messages. When I don't want to type, I simply speak and the text appears. Love it.

Being a long standing Verizon customer, the Droid is a great option for me. You couldn't pay me to go with AT&T for cell service.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    This video is making me drool.

Also, a hysterical video iPhone4 vs. HTC.

Foul language alert for those of you at work.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    oooooh, that looks so nice!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I have never cared about having a smartphone, no interest in an iPhone....but my sister has a Droid and I confess I've considered it. I don't think I can justify the expense to myself, though.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash

Also, a hysterical video iPhone4 vs. HTC.

Foul language alert for those of you at work.
    That video is hilarious! I'm a Mac person and want an iPhone, but I still think it's incredibly funny (and a little bit true ).

The Droid EVO 4G is only Sprint, for now. Around here Sprint is worse than AT&T. So, not an option for us. Motorola is releasing two new Droids for Verizon (maybe one or both are already out). One is a newer version of the original, one is more like the EVO/iPhone (no slide out keyboard).

Apparently Verison is finally acknowledging that there will be a Verizon version of iPhone. The first leak says Summer of this year, but it's more likely that it will be Spring of next year. Verizon will not have iPhone until the phone is 4G, and Verizon will not be 4G ready for at least a year. Then I heard some nonsense that Apple is mad that Verison leaked the deal. Children - play nice

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    "My sister says Walgreens has them"
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I have Sprint and am thinking about that sweet HTC machine but am not due for an upgrade yet. So I'll just keep thinking.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

INTJ
    vCash
    That video makes me think an iphone is a better choice. I think maybe I need to play with a droid... I feel like I'm missing something.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    I have the Incredible - I got it a few weeks ago. Absolutely LOVE it. It's my first Smart Phone and I can never go back, haha.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    That video makes me think an iphone is a better choice. I think maybe I need to play with a droid... I feel like I'm missing something.
    May be you need to watch the second video I posted.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    For those that have the Incredible, how is the keyboard mechanism? I'm a bit leery of getting something with a touchscreen keyboard - I've used my dad's BB Storm and it was really annoying - half the time the letters wouldn't show up, you had to touch again and again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    For those that have the Incredible, how is the keyboard mechanism? I'm a bit leery of getting something with a touchscreen keyboard - I've used my dad's BB Storm and it was really annoying - half the time the letters wouldn't show up, you had to touch again and again.
    I have the original Motorola Droid. It has a slide out keyboard and a touchscreen keyboard. I didn't think I'd use the touch screen keyboard much, because I have nails. I never use the slide out. I have never had a problem with the touchscreen. On occasion I will hit too close to another letter, and the wrong one will pop up, but that's me not the phone. It's also intuitive, as in anticipates misspellings, very helpful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I have the original Motorola Droid. It has a slide out keyboard and a touchscreen keyboard. I didn't think I'd use the touch screen keyboard much, because I have nails. I never use the slide out. I have never had a problem with the touchscreen. On occasion I will hit too close to another letter, and the wrong one will pop up, but that's me not the phone. It's also intuitive, as in anticipates misspellings, very helpful.
    That's good to hear. I'm planning to get the Droid X when it comes out but I've been concerned about switching to something without a keyboard with my nails. (I have a Treo now).

-Hoo

INTJ
    vCash
    May be you need to watch the second video I posted.
    I did, lol...
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Nope, but we're due to upgrade in October if we want. I'm considering getting one of the many Droids to replace my Motorola 9q. What's so snazzy about a Droid? Do you have to do a data plan??
    Yes you have to have a data plan. As far as I know, the only smart phone that does not require a data plan is the Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    =the Droid can run multiple apps at once. In fact, one of the free apps is to shut all the other apps down to save battery time when I'm not using the phone. It's so fast! The camera is an 8 megapixel and is pretty good for a phone camera. The apps are endless!
    The Droid camera is better than the iPhone at this point. The running of multi aps is better with the iPhone. The Droid cannot run the internet and pprocess calls at the same time, iPhone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooloovoo View Post
    That's good to hear. I'm planning to get the Droid X when it comes out but I've been concerned about switching to something without a keyboard with my nails. (I have a Treo now).

-Hoo
    The touch screen is totally nail friendly . Especially if you hold the phone horizontally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast