Shadow dancing
    vCash
    That Farrah died? Yes.

blobsessing
    vCash
    RIP, Michael

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Watched This Is It today and was sad all over again. It would have been an amazing show. He still had a lot to give to the audience and the world.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Watched This Is It today and was sad all over again. It would have been an amazing show. He still had a lot to give to the audience and the world.

I thought that movie was amazing. I'm not a huge personal Michael fan, although I recognized his genius of course, and watching that movie opened my eyes to a normal, talented guy instead of a weird freak. I actually went out and bought it.

I'm not sure how big This Is It was, or how it did, but I encourage everyone to see it.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I'm not sure how big This Is It was, or how it did, but I encourage everyone to see it.
    I read recently that it was considered a big hit. It made over 70 million in the U.S. and over 250 million worldwide. Then add the DVD and CD sales on top of that...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I am getting a copy too. I grew up with MJ's music and always considered him a gigantic talent. And it's true, Norlite, he seemed so gentle and patient during rehearsals, not at all a diva--granted this has been edited. But still his vibe was not at all. And still pretty darn good at those signature dance moves.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I agree with everything that everyone has said about MJ and 'This Is It'. It is very hard to watch, fan or not, and not be in awe or inspired. I saw it in the theatre originally, and the number of people who were singing the songs throughout was fascinating. Usually people making noise in the movies is a royal pain, but it was the ultimate fan tribute. And all of the applause when it was over was great.

It's sad to know that we'll never know what that tour would have been. He was one of few concerts (Stevie Wonder being the other) that I would pay money to see.

I watched the movie again a couple of days ago. It's so bittersweet. That's the only word I can use to descibe it.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    The Movie Network up here in Canada debuted This Is It last night and I tried to watch it. Tried because my Dish Reciever's beginning to die on me and is going on and off on me. Saw the first hour though before it started acting up though and that hour...Sigh!!

Michael still had it!! It just really brings in such sharp focus what a loss this World experienced a year ago yesterday. So much talent and genius...

I'll have to get my own copy of the DVD when I get a chance. Those concerts truly would have been out of this world and then some. May he RIP.

vCash
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I learned of his death. It was as unbelievable then as it is now. It's just so sad the beautiful children he's left behind. Watching the specials on TV, I don't know if he was going to do all those concerts, but he at least gave it a shot. Sad.

vCash
    I remembered what I was doing and when I found out too

Did anyone watch the 20/20 special last night? Hard to watch, made me sad all over again

vCash
    Cute website name - "eternalmoonwalk" - bravo to the fan who thought that one up. They look like they're having fun in the video.

I didn't see the 20/20 special - did it include an interview with his mother, saying that the children are to attend school this coming fall? I saw that a blurb about it soemwhere last week.

There will be a tribute concert called "Ultimate Thriller" at the Apollo Theater in NYC on Tuesday, June 29, 2010. Live performances from impersonators and sound-alikes.

Yesterday, I read that his father has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the doctor. I assume it's on the family's behalf, not Joe Jackson's.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/25/...ion=cnn_latest

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What did happen to that doctor, does anyone know?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    IIRC, the doctor is being charged with involuntary manslaughter and will not have his license revoked while he waits for trial. He pleads not guilty.

The grandmother said the two older kids might be attending regular school in the fall - they will have to wait and see - and that Paris really is excited about it. She also said Blanket "wasn't ready."

I found it strange when the grandmother said the kids never saw videos of any of Michael's music or concerts until after he passed. They were so sheltered - I'm happy for them that they have so many cousins and family that they can feel comfortable with.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Remembering Farrah Fawcett...
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    Remembering Farrah Fawcett...
    Feel free to start your own thread and remember her there.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Feel free to start your own thread and remember her there.
    Why the title of the thread was "Yes, it was a year ago today already"

I see no where in that title that is was specifcally for Michael Jackson.

Did not Farrah die the same day?

Without fear you cannot find courage

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    Why the title of the thread was "Yes, it was a year ago today already"

I see no where in that title that is was specifcally for Michael Jackson.

Did not Farrah die the same day?

Don't play the innocent with me. You and everybody else knows what you were trying to do. Cut the crap and stop the constant trolling.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Well I for one enjoyed hearing Michael all over the airwaves. There is never a time I do NOT enjoy Michael on the radio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast