Thread: Mario Marathon

vCash

Mario Marathon

Today, the 3rd annual Mario Marathon begins at 11 am and runs for approx 1 week. Everyday guys, playing nintendo, letting us watch via webcam and raising money for Child's Play Charity.

I stumbled across it accidentally last year and it was strangely addictive. I was honestly glued to it. Check it out:

www.mariomarathon.com

vCash
    I guess no one else finds it interesting, so I'll make this the last I say about it but these guys have now raised almost $35K and counting

I just find it amazing that average folks can run their own "telethon" type thing from the comfort of their own home, harness the power of the internet, and make such a large impact. Good on them.

vCash
    35K???? Wow!!! Good for them!

vCash
    what a neat fundraising idea, and i am quite impressed with their success! makes me want to pull my nintendo games out and play them again.
    thanks for the posting

vCash
    They're about to end and have raised just about $76K and counting. How long they have to keep playing depends on how much money is donated, so the $$ is coming in fast and furious now.

Child's Play gives books, games, toys, etc, to children's hospitals around the globe so that kids can be kids for awhile while getting their treatments. It's a great cause. If you have room in your budget for a donation, check them out.

vCash
    This perennial student couldn't afford much, but I did support their cause because I think it is unique. Thanks again for the update. $76K is nothing to sneeze at!

vCash
    Thanks for the link. Some hilarious stuff happened. My fave part was the other morning when they left Jed and OSG to play Super Mario Galaxy.