Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Is there also a fuzzy contour toilet rug?
    No, thank god. Although, she did buy me one of those once.

I'm just proud to say that none of this is pink, anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    My mother has a fuzzy cover on the toilet lid. That is not as bad as the fuzzy tank cover. And the existence of the fuzzy tank cover is not as bad as the fact that the handle doesn't fit through the slot in the fuzzy cover. So it's buried in there and you have to fish around on the fuzzy cover trying to get hold of it to flush. And the handle does not work properly and has to be jiggled and messed with to successfully flush, because my father refuses to have the toilet professionally repaired because he thinks he has fixed it. Even though it does not work.

I tend to go to the downstairs bathroom when we're there; it is free of fuzzy decor and works properly.
    I've never seen a fuzzy tank cover. Does the toilet, with the tank cover and the seat cover, look like some sort of living creature? It would scare me if I got up in the middle of the night .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I've never seen a fuzzy tank cover. Does the toilet, with the tank cover and the seat cover, look like some sort of living creature? It would scare me if I got up in the middle of the night .
    It took her quite some time to find one this time around, actually. They are becoming much less common. Which is a good thing.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    My biggest phobia place is hospitals, I still have not been able to release that. I can't sit, I can't touch anything, if someone touches me I have a quiet panic attack.
    This reminded me of a recent visit to the hospital to see a friend. I don't usually mind hospitals but during this visit I was completely grossed out because it smelled horrible. I didn't mention anything to anyone but was subconsciously ranting and raving. I went to my car and the hospital smell followed me into the car. I could not wait to go home and get into the shower.

I walk into my house and noticed something weird on my shoe. I turned my shoe over and there was a giant piece of dog crap stuck under the heel.

The hospital didn't smell horrible, I smelled horrible.

Cruisin - I'm glad you are making some progress with your OCD. It must help a lot to know that you have been able to overcome some of the issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie View Post

The hospital didn't smell horrible, I smelled horrible.
    that is funny!

Cruisin - I'm glad you are making some progress with your OCD. It must help a lot to know that you have been able to overcome some of the issues.
    Thank you, it does. It is important, though, to remember that progress is good, and that you can conquer 95% of your phobia and not feel like a failure if you cannot get past the last 5%. As long as you do not revert, you should feel like you are accomplishing something. I have coping mechanisms for the things that I have not gotten past. The positive there, is that the mechanisms are becoming smaller and smaller. Again, I really hope that some of what I say helps other people. OCD can feel very lonely, because most people don't really understand it. Heck, most of us who have it don't understand why we feel the way we do. We often close ourselves off, because we don't want others to know, we don't want to be thought of as weird or crazy. I find that voicing is cathartic. And the added positive is that I have met others who have admitted their OCD issues and we have helped each other. One thing that I have, that makes me fortunate, is the ability to find humor in my oddness.

vCash
    In related news (and this is gross ) ,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38027232/ns/travel-news/

vCash
    I'm gaging!

vCash
    Filthy hotels, maggots on planes....I may never leave my house again

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    In keeping with the current maggots on the plane theme:

The reason that I will never ever stay at the Bellagio, Las Vegas is that someone uploaded pictures of mouse poop inside the desk drawer in the room to a travel website (Fodor's?). It's been years and I am still not over it.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    On a trip to a foreign country, one of the other travelers woke up in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling out of his pillow! I don't think any of us slept well for a few nights. In that same hotel, I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine ? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine ? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice!
    You didn't watch the video I linked a couple of pages back, did you?

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    You didn't watch the video I linked a couple of pages back, did you?

You mean the one about the dirty glasses? I watched that. Let's just hope the glasses weren't wiped with rags used on the toilets.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    You mean the one about the dirty glasses? I watched that. Let's just hope the glasses weren't wiped with rags used on the toilets.
    I should say, you didn't read the comments posted underneath the video.

There was one where a guy came back to his room and caught the maid washing his coffee pot out in the toilet, using the toilet bowl cleaner she had put in there .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Oh Lordie I'm grossed out now. Thanks a lot, Prancer!

vCash

There was one where a guy came back to his room and caught the maid washing his coffee pot out in the toilet, using the toilet bowl cleaner she had put in there .
    Oh, AGGGG, I didn't read that! I watched the video and that was it. Okay, I'm going to go be sick now.

I have a story that is not quite as bad. We were on a weekend trip to Hershey Park with friends, when our kids were little. We had joining rooms, so that the kids could play in one room and the adults could have a cocktail in the other and still keep an eye on them. This was back when you could smoke in rooms. My friend smoked a cigarette and then swished the ashtray in the toilet, to "clean it". I am still amazed that I didn't completely freak out on her. But I did tell her to wash her hands before she came near me.

vCash
    On a trip to a foreign country, one of the other travelers woke up in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling out of his pillow! I don't think any of us slept well for a few nights. In that same hotel, I went back to the room while the housekeeping person was still there. I caught her using the same filthy rag that she cleaned the toilet with, to wipe down the sink counter. Can you imagine ? I sprayed the whole bathroom with the Tilex I brought. I don't fool around - bleach is my weapon of choice!
    cruisin, can you share which country and hotel? I don't want to make that mistake, ever! I think the cockroach grosses me out the most.

What are you doing to us?!

Though, if the toilet bowl cleaner was industrial strength it may have been more sanitizing than that blue window cleaner stuff. JK.

The kids and I never use those glasses but the DH on the otherhand will scoff at my warnings and use the coffeemaker and coffee cups.

vCash

'Green' Hotels Take Toll on Housekeeping Staff

You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    In related news (and this is gross ) ,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38027232/ns/travel-news/
    Well, it was a passenger who caused this. They brought a container with spoiled meat on the plane. Still, how on earth did they manage to get past the screening people I don't know. I had no idea you're allowed to bring meat with you on a plane. Especially when it's spoiled, bleh.

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    In keeping with the current maggots on the plane theme:
    Where is Samuel L. Jackson when you really need him?
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    You can bring lots of things on a plane, as long as they aren't explosive or sharp. Getting meat past customs is another story.

I once checked off the "yes" for nuts because I was bringing back torrone with nuts, and the woman at Canadian customs laughed at me. She said that people check the "no" to the meat question, and then try to carry in a side of an animal.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678