Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash

Thumbs up

18th ESPY Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed and Worst Dressed

Evan made the best dressed list, congrats! He always looks great and dreamy in tux!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    EXACTLY! THANK YOU! Haters didn't realize they can be so funny too.
    Someone is not a "hater" just because they point out an apparent error.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    No, but the use of "Huh?" and ROFL icons, and beginning the comments with "Um, WHAT?", suggest that the writer of that post was more interested in ridiculing the person being quoted than in correcting an apparent error (which was not an error at all). Had the writer merely expressed disagreement with calling Evan Lysacek the first US skater to be atop the world rankings, then polite discussion would have ensued and the accusation of "hater" may not have been made.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    No, but the use of "Huh?" and ROFL icons, and beginning the comments with "Um, WHAT?", suggest that the writer of that post was more interested in ridiculing the person being quoted than in correcting an apparent error (which was not an error at all). Had the writer merely expressed disagreement with calling Evan Lysacek the first US skater to be atop the world rankings, then polite discussion would have ensued and the accusation of "hater" may not have been made.
    A+! Once again, RUKen hit the nail on the head, thank you!

In addition, I've been on the board long enough to tell which IDs are not so Evan friendly.

Like it or not, Evan IS the first US man to top the ISU world ranking since it's initiated in 2007. It might be nothing comparing to what uncle Dick has accomplished, but it IS something SPECIAL for Evan and his fans. This is Evan's thread after all.

But that doesn't mean I can't take any criticism. On the contrary, constructive criticisms and suggestions are always welcome.

In one of the interviews that Evan gave during DWTS, he answered a question regarding how he felt about the judges' criticisms, I can't agree more.

Q: You’re judged for a living, but I imagine the judges on Dancing with the Stars are less predictable for you than in skating. Is it nerve-wracking having to field less guessable criticisms?

A: As far as us training during the week, all we have to really go on for the next week is the judges’ feedback. So we just hope for the most part that if it’s criticism, that it’s constructive, that it’s information we can put to use in our training week. And whatever maybe is not constructive, I’ve just learned in my life to ignore. These judges couldn’t — if they tried — be as harsh as some of the criticism I’ve got in skating. I try to pinpoint the good information in what they’re saying, and you know, please them the next week around.
    Being nice, polite and respectful shouldn't be THAT difficult, right? I just want this thread to be positive and cheerful. That's all.

vCash
    Thanks for all the photos and links. Evan looks great.

vCash
    Thanks so much for the great threa, aymkjb88, a real treat for us Evan fans! So nice to him looking so good at the ESPYs with his DWTS buds!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

Watch me move
    vCash
    A+! Once again, RUKen hit the nail on the head, thank you!

In addition, I've been on the board long enough to tell which IDs are not so Evan friendly.

Like it or not, Evan IS the first US man to top the ISU world ranking since it's initiated in 2007. It might be nothing comparing to what uncle Dick has accomplished, but it IS something SPECIAL for Evan and his fans. This is Evan's thread after all.
    You might want to reread this previous post:

I beg your pardon, but what gives you the authority to say who is and is not welcome on an FSU thread?

This is FSU; like it or not, every FSU poster is welcome to post on every thread on this board. If you have a problem with a poster actually breaking the rules, report it to the admins. Otherwise, threads are not restricted.
    Being nice, polite and respectful shouldn't be THAT difficult, right? I just want this thread to be positive and cheerful. That's all.
    It's not nice, polite, or respectful to call someone a "hater" because of their message (which was pretty mild IMHO) or because you don't like the tone of their message. If you want the thread to be positive and cheerful, maybe you could start by not throwing that term around every time someone or their post is not worshipful enough for you.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    The new haircut does wonders for him.
    He's looking very dapper these days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Well, it depends on, how and with which words+smilies one points out an error (which in this case was not even an error).

Thanks again for all links to photos and interviews!!!

vCash
    Haters didn't realize they can be so funny too.
    VERY spot on!!!

Congrats cheriepopo! Are you living in Korea or China? Hope you'll enjoy the show!
    I live in China, I've met Evan for 3 times during the past years' Cup of China, it will be the first time for me to meet him at a show so I believe it will be interesting, not to mention this time he'll be annouced as "the reigning OLYMPIC CHAMPION" btw, is it for sure he will do this show? there's still no article about the cast info in Chinese media...

vCash
    On the Jay Leno show last night they had a segment on with a roving comedian (can't remember his name but it was not Ross) at the ESPY Awards. He had a table set up near the Red Carpet with glasses of beer and he would ask the celebrities walking down the RC to play. They had to pop a small ball into the glass of beer and if successful the comedian would drink the beer. Apparently this is a popular game because some of the celebrities knew about the game and were good at it.

Evan was walking down the RC and the comedian called Evan over. He said a lot of silly stuff to Evan about skating but he got Evan to play. Evan did not get one ball in the glass.

The whole segment was sort of silly but funny and it was nice to see Evan.

vCash

Lysacek to Pursue Acting

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5380860

Surely he jests I just can't see him being able to act, emote and insert inflection into his voice. I guess soenone is just going to have to give him a part and wait for the critics' reactions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=5380860

Surely he jests I just can't see him being able to act, emote and insert inflection into his voice. I guess soenone is just going to have to give him a part and wait for the critics' reactions.
    Let's wait for it, shall we? Just because Evan was more of and athlete an artistically pretty much introverted in his competitve programs, that does not mean he is like that in real life too. He might let himself go and have a talent in acting. Let him be and explore the things he want to. He did his part in skating.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cheriepopo View Post
    I live in China, I've met Evan for 3 times during the past years' Cup of China, it will be the first time for me to meet him at a show so I believe it will be interesting, not to mention this time he'll be annouced as "the reigning OLYMPIC CHAMPION" btw, is it for sure he will do this show? there's still no article about the cast info in Chinese media...
    That's great! Now I know why he picks CoC every year.

There's no official announcement about his show schedule yet, the only time I heard him mentioning that he might go to China was in the interview I posted. I do remember Shen/Zhao said in a post Olympic interview that they plan to invite all the 2010 Olympic medalists to their show this fall, and Evan's name was proposed. So let's wait and see. Is that for their wedding? If so, it'll be a very special memory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    On the Jay Leno show last night they had a segment on with a roving comedian (can't remember his name but it was not Ross) at the ESPY Awards. He had a table set up near the Red Carpet with glasses of beer and he would ask the celebrities walking down the RC to play. They had to pop a small ball into the glass of beer and if successful the comedian would drink the beer. Apparently this is a popular game because some of the celebrities knew about the game and were good at it.

Evan was walking down the RC and the comedian called Evan over. He said a lot of silly stuff to Evan about skating but he got Evan to play. Evan did not get one ball in the glass.

The whole segment was sort of silly but funny and it was nice to see Evan.
    The game is called beer pong. Since Evan hardly ever go to bars, don't think he even knows the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Let's wait for it, shall we? Just because Evan was more of and athlete an artistically pretty much introverted in his competitve programs, that does not mean he is like that in real life too. He might let himself go and have a talent in acting. Let him be and explore the things he want to. He did his part in skating.
    Yes, his off ice personality is quite different from what we've seen on ice, he's a lot more funny and colorful than that. He can do acting for fun, but I don't see him becoming an actor either, business man suits him better.

vCash

Smile

Video:

Evan dining with Erin At Katsuya Resaurant Last Night

Both looking good and happy.

vCash
    same video from ET

They seem to have a very friendly relationship with the paparazzi.

vCash

Thumbs up

Evan wants to see Linsey Vonn on DWTS

Linsey also expressed interest to join the show after watching Evan's performance from last season.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast