Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up

From the Chad Pitt Show

"FM100's Chad Pitt & Jill Bucco talk to Olympic Gold Medalist, Evan Lysacek. Chad admits his bro-mance for Evan."

vCash

Thumbs up

Evan on 104.3 My FM Valentine in the morning show

He's back to training, but hasn't decided yet if he'll skip the whole season. He's still training in El Segundo, which means that he's not working with Frank Carroll currently. He'll attend shows in Japan, China and US (which will be shown on NBC this fall) this summer.

If he won't be back at 2011 Nationals, I don't think he'll keep competing any more. He's acheived pretty much everything in skating world and became the first US man to reach the top of ISU and Icenetwork ranking. So no regrets for him and his fans. Nothing's better than leaving on the highest note in your career.

vCash
    He'll attend shows in Japan, China and US (which will be shown on NBC this fall) this summer.
    I guess this means he will do Shen/Zhao's show in September. Gosh, can't believe I'll meet him again in 2 months!

vCash
    One more picture with a new haircut http://twitpic.com/252829

vCash
    PML! That guy actually makes Evan (and Erin) look short! Nice to see Evan hanging out with Erin again.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    PML! That guy actually makes Evan (and Erin) look short! Nice to see Evan hanging out with Erin again.
    Yes, they both looked short, LOL. BTW, Erin is rather tall for a woman, she and Evan look really nice together.

vCash
    That make-up did no favor for Erin, although I've only watched her on DWTS I think she actually is far more beautiful than on this photo! LOL

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriepopo View Post
    That make-up did no favor for Erin, although I've only watched her on DWTS I think she actually is far more beautiful than on this photo! LOL
    Lips are a little dark--she doesn't need it, she actually looked great in DWTS rehersal footage where she had no makeup on at all. Lucky girl.

And yeah, I never thought I'd see a picture where someone made her and Evan look SHORT! (If Cheryl were in the picture you wouldn't see anything but the top of her head if he wanted to keep everyone else's faces in. FTR, I'm not picking on her, she's my height.)

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    He's acheived pretty much everything in skating world and became the first US man to reach the top of ISU and Icenetwork ranking.
    Um, WHAT?! The ISU has been around since 1892. There's no way Lysacek is the first US man ever to be at the top of the figure skating world rankings by only having won 1 World title and 1 Olympic title in 2009/10. Dick Button was the first US man to really dominate the sport, so he would actually be the first ever US man to reach the top of ISU world rankings by having won 5 World titles and 2 Olympic titles. Just because Internet wasn't in existence back in 1948 doesn't mean that the ISU didn't have means of ranking skaters and it also doesn't mean that the rankings of skaters back in that time don't count. Icenetwork has only been in existence since 2008. Lysacek fans can be so funny.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    For those who follow DWTS, Erin was sitting with Max at the ESPY's, and it appeared Evan was sitting with Cheryl. Both Erin and Cheryl were doing interviews on the red carpet before the award show.

Evan on the red carpet

Shaun White won the category that Evan was in, but Evan looked like he was having a great time at the show.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Um, WHAT?! The ISU has been around since 1892. There's no way Lysacek is the first US man ever to be at the top of the figure skating world rankings by only having won 1 World title and 1 Olympic title in 2009/10. Dick Button was the first US man to really dominate the sport, so he would actually be the first ever US man to reach the top of ISU world rankings by having won 5 World titles and 2 Olympic titles. Just because Internet wasn't in existence back in 1948 doesn't mean that the ISU didn't have means of ranking skaters and it also doesn't mean that the rankings of skaters back in that time don't count. Icenetwork has only been in existence since 2008. Lysacek fans can be so funny.
    It was pretty clear that aymkjb88 was stating correctly that Evan is the first US man to be atop the ISU world rankings that have only been in place for a few years. There was no implication that this tops the career accomplishments of Dick Button, the Hayes brothers, Scott Hamilton, and Brian Boitano, to name a few who competed prior to the establishment of these rankings.

Guess what--Evan Lysacek is also the first US man to be the Four Continents Champion. WHAT!? BUT THERE USED TO BE NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS! <sputter> <snort>

Because fans of a particular skater are proud of the unique achievements of that skater does not mean they do not acknowledge the achievements of earlier competitors.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I too understood it to mean the ISU rankings that have only been around in recent years.

Never fear, Dick Button is still the only American man to win the European Championships.

vCash
    I'm sorry that Evan didn't win the ESPY; but, it was nice to see him in the audience.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RUKen View Post
    It was pretty clear that aymkjb88 was stating correctly that Evan is the first US man to be atop the ISU world rankings that have only been in place for a few years. There was no implication that this tops the career accomplishments of Dick Button, the Hayes brothers, Scott Hamilton, and Brian Boitano, to name a few who competed prior to the establishment of these rankings.

Guess what--Evan Lysacek is also the first US man to be the Four Continents Champion. WHAT!? BUT THERE USED TO BE NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS! <sputter> <snort>

Because fans of a particular skater are proud of the unique achievements of that skater does not mean they do not acknowledge the achievements of earlier competitors.
    EXACTLY! THANK YOU! Haters didn't realize they can be so funny too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    For those who follow DWTS, Erin was sitting with Max at the ESPY's, and it appeared Evan was sitting with Cheryl. Both Erin and Cheryl were doing interviews on the red carpet before the award show.

Evan on the red carpet

Shaun White won the category that Evan was in, but Evan looked like he was having a great time at the show.
    Thanks! Cheryl was Evan's date and Maks was Erin's date for the event. They would both make cute couples. Niecy and Tony were also there, it's like a DWTS family reunion, they're really close friends, love them all.

Congratulations to Shaun White, I knew he would win. That's a tough category, all the nominees deserve an ESPY in my opinion. Men's figure skating is never mainstream in US (and is never considered as a serious sport), so being nominated as the best male olympion is already a huge honor for Evan and for US figure skating, he's a winner no matter what.
    Last edited by aymkjb88; 07-15-2010 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriepopo View Post
    I guess this means he will do Shen/Zhao's show in September. Gosh, can't believe I'll meet him again in 2 months!
    Congrats cheriepopo! Are you living in Korea or China? Hope you'll enjoy the show!

vCash
    Last edited by aymkjb88; 07-15-2010 at 10:34 PM.

vCash

Smile

Another cute and sweet one.

The ET interview with Cheryl

"Dancing with the Stars" finalist and Olympian Evan Lysacek said Cheryl was to be his date at the awards. Evan joked, "She's technically my date for this evening but she bailed on me for this gig."

vCash

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast