Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1001
  1. #921

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I hope that the "issues"; whatever they are, can be resolved, at last.
    USFS needs him, for a number of reasons; and he wants to compete.

  2. #922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    His change of agent was wonderful news, I´m feeling so happy! And if he would really compete at Nebelhorn Trophy, one could get to read so many details... My first thought was though, why not Finlandia Tropy also as he will be so close in Europe, . That too would give him points and is now in an areena better located than for some years:
    Shouldn't the assignment be decided by USFSA? I doubt if he can be sent to both. This reminds me that he hasn't competed in Europe since Torino Olympics... interesting...

    I won't get overexcited yet about the new agent, don't know much about this guy, is he still working with Michelle Kwan? Does he have any other famous client?

  3. #923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sarah and Drew's blog re: the 'Ice Chips' show.

    Lysacek premiered an exciting program at the Saturday afternoon show: a new free skate, to music from Samson and Delilah.

    "It's a work in progress," he said. "I love the music so much. It's beautiful. And not too many people have skated to it. It's very repetitive, very driving, which I like."

    The program showed off Lysacek's smooth speed and power to good effect, with some big, clean triple jumps: Lutz, flip and loop. Lysacek also premiered a new Vera Wang costume in gray and black with a white collar.

    "It's something we're trying -- it's a possibility," he said. "Vera sends me things. For 'The Climb,' my costume is navy and black; it's not that exciting. My clothes are always subtle. I like navy, black, gray."
    Not a fan of the 'Samson and Delilah' costume, it's so weird, looks better in motion, but still weird; the new costume for 'the Climb' looks really nice though, he should wear that in competition.

  4. #924

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    California,
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Shouldn't the assignment be decided by USFSA? I doubt if he can be sent to both. This reminds me that he hasn't competed in Europe since Torino Olympics... interesting...

    I won't get overexcited yet about the new agent, don't know much about this guy, is he still working with Michelle Kwan? Does he have any other famous client?
    Shep is well known by Figue Skating Officials and event producers. Shep Goldberg is known as an ethical agent. He knows skating very well and always done a good job for his clients.
    Morry Stillwell

  5. #925
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Shep is well known by Figue Skating Officials and event producers. Shep Goldberg is known as an ethical agent. He knows skating very well and always done a good job for his clients.
    That's great, thank you! Do you know who else are Shep's clients at this point? Is he still Michelle's agent?

  6. #926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    U.S. Department of State Names Evan Lysacek as Sports Envoy

    The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has named Olympic gold medalist figure skater Evan Lysacek as a Sports Envoy. On his inaugural trip done in partnership with U.S. Figure Skating, Lysacek will travel to Stockholm, Sweden and Minsk, Belarus April 6 – 13.
    Evan will also attend the "Stockholm on ice" gala on Monday. The King and Queen of Sweden are on the guest list. (Source)

    Congratulations Evan!

  7. #927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In this IceNetwork Article, Evan also talked a little bit about his trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

    Lysacek said he had been working with the State Department to prepare his speeches and has been doing some traveling to acclimate himself to his new position. He recently took a trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, where there is a growing awareness of the need for physical exercise for women and young people.

    "I gave an exhibition there, and they didn't advertise it, and 6,000 people came," he said.

  8. #928

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    Great news, Evan!

  9. #929

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Zombieland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,154
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8136
    That's really impressive. Is this similar to what Michelle Kwan has been doing for the State Department?
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

  10. #930

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I believe so.

  11. #931

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    461
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    733

  12. #932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post

    WOW, what a great performance!!! Evan looks to be in great condition.

    Thanks so much for the link.....

  13. #933

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    It's great to see him so well prepared; and skating beautifully.

  14. #934

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Zombieland
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,154
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8136
    Thanks for posting that link -- he really does look great!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

  15. #935
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  16. #936

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,611
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2138
    Shep Goldberg might not be a well known name outside the U.S. or to younger fans - he has been around for a long time and is completely solid. He is more than just an agent, he is a great business advisor and when necessary, a great help in producing an event. He's not some new kid on the block in any way - he's the most experienced of the experienced. He, like all great agents, is in the background and doesn't stick his name out there much if at all.

  17. #937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Shep Goldberg might not be a well known name outside the U.S. or to younger fans - he has been around for a long time and is completely solid. He is more than just an agent, he is a great business advisor and when necessary, a great help in producing an event. He's not some new kid on the block in any way - he's the most experienced of the experienced. He, like all great agents, is in the background and doesn't stick his name out there much if at all.
    Thanks!

    During his trip to Belarus, Evan told the media that the information released last year by someone from USFSA that the dispute between the two parties was financial problem was incorrect. The issue was dealt with the components of contract that has conflict with his schedule. The good news is that all the problems are solved for now.

    Switching to Shep Goldberg is absolutely the right move for Evan.

  18. #938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    His change of agent was wonderful news, I´m feeling so happy! And if he would really compete at Nebelhorn Trophy, one could get to read so many details... My first thought was though, why not Finlandia Tropy also as he will be so close in Europe, . That too would give him points and is now in an areena better located than for some years:

    http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/ October 5 to 7, 2012
    Question, I have always wondered which competitions provide world points. Where is that list? And how many points?

    On another note, I am just giddy about him coming back to competition. Its going to be a great year for mens figure skating.

  19. #939

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,689
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    43479
    Or perhaps Lysacek could begin his competition season here if he feels ready in time? http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83213
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  20. #940
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,010
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Or perhaps Lysacek could begin his competition season here if he feels ready in time? http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83213
    Great Idea. I'll go.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •