Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have no idea whether this is new or not (it is cute anyway, LOL):

http://triblocal.com/buffalo-grove/2...-evan-lysacek/

vCash
    That is recent. It's the second private lesson via charity auctions he's given during the past year.

vCash
    Phil Hersh's latest: Lysacek optimistic his issues with U.S. skating close to resolution; Training to make delayed competitive comeback next year
    ... Lysacek was on the ice an hour before the lesson began, doing run-throughs of a long program to the Bacchanal from Saint-Saens' Samson and Delilah. He worked the full hour with relentless intensity, skating the whole program a couple times, then concentrating repeatedly on individual sections, including three-jump sequences and quadruple jumps - two of which he landed.

vCash
    Anyone want to hypothesize what underlies the financial disagreements? I have mine but am curious about others' opinions.

I also wonder if he regrets leaving the IMG stable of athletes. Does anyone remember a disagreement of this magnitude occurring between USFSA and an Olympic champion or other before this? If so, with whom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Anyone want to hypothesize what underlies the financial disagreements? I have mine but am curious about others' opinions.

Ok, you go first

vCash
    I tend to think that Evan’s new agents were not savvy enough about what make USFSA and the skating world tick as I believe that they did not have significant or any experience with the sport. Personally, I tend to think that this would not have happened if Evan had stayed with IMG.

Also based on the statement that it involved funding, I wonder if USFSA indicated that based on his current and/or future income from endorsements, that he forgo Team A funding, in order to give it to others who did not have access to such endorsements. Another possibility is that USFSA felt that he should not accept certain types of endorsements as they might threaten his eligible status. Just my own crazy thoughts.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I didn't realize that the USOC is the overseer for USFS. You'd think if that were the case they could force USFS to use US Nationals as the Olympic Qualifying event and take a cut of the revenue.

US TV must be drooling over the prospect of "Rematch of the Olympic Titans: Lysacek vs. Plushenko."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I hope that the "issues", whatever they are, can be solved.
    Evan should be able to compete, if he chooses to do so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Evan should be able to compete, if he chooses to do s to so.
    Apparently he could have skated this season if he signed the contract. He didn't (or his agents didn't want him to) sign. So Evan kept himself out.

vCash
    My point was, whatever the issues were, they weren't worked out in time for him to compete this year,

No competitor should be made to feel like an "indentured servant" in order to compete.
    If money is the issue, I hope that a mutually agreeable arrangement can be found.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Evan should be able to compete, if he chooses to do so.
    Evan can compete anytime he wishes to do so. What he can't demand, is appearance fees. US Figure Skating is not preventing him from competiing. The choice is his.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    Evan can compete anytime he wishes to do so. What he can't demand, is appearance fees. US Figure Skating is not preventing him from competiing. The choice is his.
    And does anyone know FOR A FACT that he demanded appearance fees or is this just conjecture and rumor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minignome View Post
    And does anyone know FOR A FACT that he demanded appearance fees or is this just conjecture and rumor?
    That is a question that should be asked of Evan. What I do know for certain, is that Evan can compete any time he wishes. It is his decision only.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    FWIW, this is a new USFS team envelope criterion for the 2012-13 season:
    Consideration will be given to place a 2010 Olympic medalist into Team A or Team B at the discretion of the ICMS. These athletes must have retained their eligible status and must be committed to competing in the current and/or following competitive season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    FWIW, this is a new USFS team envelope criterion for the 2012-13 season:
    Interesting. However, envelope funding was not the issue last year since Lysacek did not request envelope funding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFan66 View Post
    Interesting. However, envelope funding was not the issue last year since Lysacek did not request envelope funding.
    I have no idea what is going on , but maybe envelop funding is being offered in place of an appearance fee. Maybe we will see Evan at Nationals again, and maybe not!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    I tend to think that Evan’s new agents were not savvy enough about what make USFSA and the skating world tick as I believe that they did not have significant or any experience with the sport. Personally, I tend to think that this would not have happened if Evan had stayed with IMG.

Also based on the statement that it involved funding, I wonder if USFSA indicated that based on his current and/or future income from endorsements, that he forgo Team A funding, in order to give it to others who did not have access to such endorsements. Another possibility is that USFSA felt that he should not accept certain types of endorsements as they might threaten his eligible status. Just my own crazy thoughts.
    US Figure Skating dose not have such policies or restrictions.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    I hate when people suggest that skaters all use IMG because they are the only ones who can work with skating federations, etc... It's called a monopoly.

vCash

Thumbs up

Evan Leaves CAA for Michelle Kwan's agent, Shep Goldberg

"I'm continuing to train hard and assume Shep will work everything out," Lysacek said via telephone from New York, where he is to present fashion designer Vera Wang with an award at Monday night's Figure Skating in Harlem benefit gala. "I feel whole again and ready to compete."

vCash
    His change of agent was wonderful news, I´m feeling so happy! And if he would really compete at Nebelhorn Trophy, one could get to read so many details... My first thought was though, why not Finlandia Tropy also as he will be so close in Europe, . That too would give him points and is now in an areena better located than for some years:

http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/ October 5 to 7, 2012

If the issues with U.S. Figure Skating are resolved, Lysacek said his first competition could be the Nebelhorn Trophy Sept. 27-29 in Oberstdorf, Germany. It is the most prestigious annual international invitational event other than the Grand Prix series.
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-03-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast