Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Evan finally tweets again! So glad to hear that he's busy for philanthropy, can't wait to hear some good news next week!

Heading to Chicago for a USOC donor event. Looking forward to being "home" for a couple of days.
    2 days ago
    Getting ready for an exciting USOC donor event in Hillsboro, CA. Amazing list of venture capitalists and private equity folks attending. I look forward to meeting everyone.
    1 hour ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I like, Evan, too, always have. If the dispute with the USFSA wasn't about money, then what was it?
    They said he couldn't wear feathers/black anymore...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Evan's photo was taken down from IceNetwork's web background and replaced by Czisny's. Methinks we won't be seeing him at U.S. Nationals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    Evan's photo was taken down from IceNetwork's web background and replaced by Czisny's. Methinks we won't be seeing him at U.S. Nationals
    I would not read too much into that. Czisny and Davis & White have both won Gold in the GP this season, are likely to make the GP final this year, and are defending GP final champions. Therefore, they should be featured on the IceNetwork website for the GP coverage.

I was actually surprised that they did not replace Evan's picture earlier when he w/d from the GP. I found it odd that IceNetwork would use Evan's image to promote sales for the GP coverage when he was not competing in the GP.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post

They said he couldn't wear feathers/black anymore...
    LOL! That had crossed my mind!! How about snakes?

vCash
    Evan will be in the audience on DWTS today cheering for Cheryl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    LOL! That had crossed my mind!! How about snakes?
    I just dont get the snakes from Vera!!! Its like she consulted with Tatiana Tarasova or something. Those feathers... my goodness... Evan has more confidence than a rapper to wear those hideous costumes in public.

vCash
    This is it! Evan won't compete at Nationals.

Lysacek won't enter U.S. Championships
    Dispute with federation keeps skater's comeback on hold

New information:

Responding late Monday night to a text message in which I noted the entry deadline was Wednesday and asked if he were going to enter, Lysacek said, "Unfortunately, no I'm not."
    His brief text message did not give any further reasons for the decision not to skate at the championships Jan. 26-29 in San Jose, Calif.
    Sources have indicated the differences between Lysacek and the federation involved matters OTHER THAN an appearance fee.
    I'm extremely disappointed about how this comeback turned out so far. Obviously Evan got NO support from his federation. It's a true lose-lose to both parties and to all of Evan's fans. I'm afraid this means his amateur career is over.

Bottomline is, I can skip the trip to San Jose and save the money for bigger and better things now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I'm extremely disappointed about how this comeback turned out so far. Obviously Evan got NO support from his federation. It's a true lose-lose to both parties and to all of Evan's fans. I'm afraid this means his amateur career is over.
    How is that obvious? there are rumors and statements from unnamed sources, but the only obvious thing is that Evan is not competing. Perhaps at some point we'll find out the reasons. Maybe he was offered less than he'd have liked, but Evan has certainly not lacked for support from his federation over the years.

I do understand your disappointment; I'd feel the same if it were a favorite of mine.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    FYI, my 2008 Nationals podcast has been transcribed, and at the bottom there are interviews with some of Evan's hardcore fans, called Evan's Elfs. Reading their comments from 2008 is very interesting now that we know where his talents ultimately led him to the Gold medal.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Thanks, sweet comments. Based on my personal experience, Evan fans are generally very quiet but very kind and loyal. They support him through the thick and thin, no matter what happens, they're always there for him.

Phil updated the article and included a short conversation Evan had with him on phone this morning:

Lysacek said he had been watching Grand Prix competitions to get a sense of what judges were rewarding and how that might affect his future competitive programs.

"I'm definitely still looking at Sochi as the goal, and I will continue to train as much as possible," he said. "My life has changed a great deal since I trained for the last Olympics, with a lot more obligations that lead me to prioritize and pick and choose what I do. But I am glad I started this whole process of training and preparing now instead of a year from now."
    I think he still has the drive and desire to compete and win. I hope things will eventually work out his way and he'll have a successful comeback. But I'm going to take it easy from this point on. Won't believe it anymore till I see it, if it'll ever happen one day.

vCash
    It's official.

Lysacek to miss 2012 U.S. Championships
    Olympic champion will remain on sidelines for second season in a row

In an email to icenetwork.com, CAA wrote: "Evan will not be at the 2012 U.S. Figure Skating Championships due to prior contractual obligations."
    So the answer we're all searching for is "prior contractual obligations". I'm shocked USFSA won't allow their sole reigning Olympic Champion to fulfill his obligations while competing on their behalf, which should be a win-win situation. Plus, so far, all the "obligations" Evan is doing are definitely benefitial to both the community and the sports.

vCash
    TV alert, Evan will be on Good Day LA this morning. Wonder what he's going to talk about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    TV alert, Evan will be on Good Day LA this morning. Wonder what he's going to talk about.
    About the fire?

vCash
    That's interesting, please keep us updated! Maybe he'll say something on his withdrawal from the US Nationals and his future plans.

vCash
    I had whole day of classes, didn't watch it. Heard it's kinda short but cute. No mention on any of the 'sensitive' topic, it's more like a fun reunion with his friends @ GDLA.

He'll perform in tomorrow's LA Christmas tree lighting ceremony, there'll be a live broadcasting. Hope it won't be too windy.

vCash
    Just found this:
    Dec. 21: Sun Valley will toast its 75th birthday with a Silver and Gold Ice Show, torchlight parade and fireworks at 6 p.m. Dec. 21. The show features 2010 Olympic champion Evan Lysacek, 2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen, 2010 U.S. Gold Medalist 12-year-old skater Nathan Chen, two-time U.S.Bronze Medalists Kim Navarro and Brent Bommentre and American Open Professional Champion Irina Grigorian. Tickets: 622-2135
    I guess he will be there for Christmas.

vCash
    Evan and Nathan!
    How fortunate for those who are able to attend.

vCash
    Love Evan's performance from last night! Exquisite, powerful and smooth like silk. He's in great shape, and made that rink looked SO small! What a shame that he's going to miss the Nationals again when he is definitely capable of skating for gold!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    I guess he will be there for Christmas.
    Yes, he said yesterday that he'll spend the Christmas there with his family, go skiing and hopefully get some down time.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast