Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another Google alert, LOL:

http://www.whosay.com/evanlysacek/content/95670

What does this mean please?

vCash
    I think that's just one of his sponsor obligations. He has been a speaker for them before at different universities (I want to say Columbia and Michigan).

vCash
    Sassybuford, thanks for the explanation!

Again something from Google alerts.... An old interview, that I really enjoy watching:

http://en.iyyi.net/v1070848-evan-lysacek-sports.html

Hamilton interviewing after Evan did not succeed in triple axel:. I admire his behavior very much, although he sure was disappointed.

And here some old photos in a blog:

http://jmrcbz.bloguez.com/jmrcbz/255...-figure-skater

Well, Evan did not always wear black...

vCash
    Thanks Jaana. Besides the sponsor obligation, he may also use the opportunity to map out his plan of going back to school. IMO, UD is an excellent option for him.

Skate America lineup is finalized.

Men's: Richard Dornbush, Evan Lysacek, Armin Mahbanoozadeh

NBC will broadcast expanded live coverage of 2011 Hilton Honors Skate America on Saturday, Oct. 22 from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (ET). That's for men's and ice dancing LP.

Although there's still no official announcement, these (plus the training videos) are really positive signs.

vCash
    Desert Ice Castle is finally open! The opening celebration will start from 4:00 this afternoon. I assume Palm Springs will be Evan's new 'home' from now on, he'll be bored, but there won't be any distraction, so he'll like it.

http://www.deserticecastle.com/

vCash
    Anyone heard anything about Evan being injured? This tweet is why I ask:

RichardAConroy Richard Conroy
    Just had @EvanLysacek 2 feet in front of me. In a leg cast. Unreal.

No idea who this person is, but he appears to be in New York, according to other tweets and his profile. Not sure how much to believe a single tweet, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sassybuford View Post
    Anyone heard anything about Evan being injured? This tweet is why I ask:

RichardAConroy Richard Conroy
    Just had @EvanLysacek 2 feet in front of me. In a leg cast. Unreal.

No idea who this person is, but he appears to be in New York, according to other tweets and his profile. Not sure how much to believe a single tweet, though.
    Hmmm. Not good if true. But maybe Richard Conroy is in a leg cast?

vCash
    Evan's twitter does not mention anything.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I saw another tweet about Evan being in a leg brace. Since he hasn't mentioned it, maybe it's nothing serious.

vCash
    ^If it's a leg brace, that's a big difference from a cast. So, that makes sense

vCash
    I also heard that he's in a leg brace, (((Evan))).

Wish him a very speedy recovery, and make sure to learn the lessons from Rachael Flatt!

vCash

vCash
    Good luck Evan on continuing to Sochi,

congratulations on the Usoc Award

vCash
    A better article from Phil Hersh

Olympian view: From Paris, Lysacek saw Sochi Winter Games on the horizon

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...lympics-figure

vCash
    Another excellent article

Olympic champ Lysacek sets sights on Sochi

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

If anyone doubted if Evan Lysacek's comeback plans were real, he put those to rest Friday night.
    "Nothing would make me more proud than to step on the Olympic ice one more time with the flag on my chest and USA on my back," Lysacek said.
    Lysacek explained that his Olympic moment happens every day when he is practicing. That is where he trains without the media or judges, "just me, perhaps the toughest judge of all."
    "I had to ask myself, 'Do I have to have the Olympic podium to have that (Olympic moment) again?" Lysacek said. "The answer is no."
    Believe in yourself Evan, I wish you nothing but all the BEST!

vCash
    An USOC article with more details from the award ceremony.

Evan Lysacek says he is preparing for Sochi

http://www.teamusa.org/news/2011/09/...or-sochi/44740

When he returned to the ice a couple of months ago, he said he told himself, “I don’t have to do this anymore,” and gave himself an out to take a day off anytime.

“I didn’t miss a day,” he said.

He then pointed to his heart and then to his body saying, “I am strong enough here and here.”

vCash
    Sarah's blog, with Evan's inspirational and heartfelt speech at the USOC award ceremony . <3

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Sitting at a table filled with U.S. Figure Skating executives there to support Evan and all his accomplishments over the past year, including Pat St. Peter, president of U.S. Figure Skating, and David Raith, executive director of U.S. Figure Skating, Evan rose to eloquently accept his award with an inspiring speech about the important role the Olympic movement plays in his life.

"Thanks, first of all," he said, "to the USOC for recognizing not just myself and my own accomplishments but also my sport, figure skating. This means a lot for my sport.
    "We know that Olympic moments happen even single day," he said about halfway through his speech. "As I tear myself from the ice each and every day, stumble my exhausted body into the locker room, I have a smile on my face. I take pride in knowing that no competitor of mine has outworked me. That I couldn't have pushed even a millimeter closer to my goal that day. That's my Olympic moment. Every single day."

As Evan's life and responsibilities to the sport changed, he has faced new challenges.

"I had to ask myself a question over this last year and a half: do I need that Olympic moment on the top of the podium again to feel fulfilled? And I realized the answer is no. I realized what I need is my Olympic moment every single day," Lysacek said. "Walking off the ice with pride. Knowing that I have pushed and worked toward something that means something to me."

And then it came. Officially.

"And for the first time, I'm announcing publicly," he said, "without trying to sound like I'm trying to make a grand statement of sorts, that I have set my sights on Sochi."

A grand statement couldn't be any grander. With his daily motivation to achieve personal excellence -- combined with a big announcement and bringing the figure skating community together to celebrate his honor -- Evan tied together the USOC's two main assembly focus points for this summit ("inspiration" and "community") in about 30 seconds less than it takes him to complete his free skate.

Let the season begin.

vCash
    Evan has the heart of an Olympian.
    More power to him, as he works toward his goal.

vCash
    just one question
    yes, more power to him.
    but i wonder how much money he got from staying in.
    it was reported how much michelle got, how much tara turned down. so i know money has some kind of play into it.
    i just wonder how much.
    but yes, more power to him.
    good luck to him.
    the statement was nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by query5 View Post
    just one question
    yes, more power to him.
    but i wonder how much money he got from staying in.
    it was reported how much michelle got, how much tara turned down. so i know money has some kind of play into it.
    i just wonder how much.
    but yes, more power to him.
    good luck to him.
    the statement was nice.
    U.S. Figure Skating funds skaters based on their placement in the Team Envelope. The envelopes are Team A, Team B, and Team C (the reserve Team receives no funding). Lysacek is not listed on any of the Team envelopes for the 2011-2012 season; therefore, he is not currently receiving funding.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast