Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    More towards "Alas, poor Yorick"...
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    C'mon, Evan. Live a little. Is he a germaphobe? It looks like an operating room, but without all the scalpels and stuff.

vCash
    Ew, he has animal skulls in his house? That makes me reconsider being one of his fans, seriously..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    It seems like a model home. No personal objects, like nobody lives there. I do like the bathroom, though!
    It is a home of a tidy person. In one person´s home with plenty of cupboards that IS possible.

vCash
    I think it's the home of someone who rarely spends time at home! Maybe Evan just hasn't had time to add any personal touches. It's nice to have some photos, artwork, and little objects like souvenirs here and there, just to make a home feel like a home and remind you of your loved ones and experiences.

vCash
    I tend to prefer flat surfaces without things on them -- much faster/easier to clean. In that respect, I can totally relate to his place. I really get frustrated when people give me an artsy knick-knack as a gift because I'm always thinking of how long I need to display it before it gets boxed back up. His place suits him perfectly, but for me, I'd like a few more splashes of color.

vCash
    I just don't know how one would keep that much white clean all the time, although I guess if he's not there that often -and lives by himself- it'd be more doable. Definitely never would've happened in my parents house though.

vCash
    I've read that Evan is an OCD-level neat freak, so it's possible he could keep everything looking that clean.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    I've read that Evan is an OCD-level neat freak, so it's possible he could keep everything looking that clean.
    Really? See, he and Johnny Weir do have something in common! I wonder how many elite athletes are neat freaks, given the discipline they had to develop at a young age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    ....More towards "Alas, poor Yorick"...
    Maybe it's his Fantasy Johnny? "Alas, poor Johnny, I knew him well."
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Sterile, yet disturbing. lol Seriously I doubt he's been there enough to make a real stamp on the place. The only thing I thought was totally fug were the diningroom chairs. They may be from Beverly Hills but they look more like Parisian whorehouse to me. Well and the skulls. How very goth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Ew, he has animal skulls in his house? That makes me reconsider being one of his fans, seriously..
    Someone posted in another thread that Evan's also got a 'gold-plated' human skull. If true I think that's so disrespectful of human remains. Jmo.

vCash
    Wow, just completely dead and soulless.

The house is pretty bad too.

vCash
    It always amazes me when one aspect of a famous person's life makes him or her lose fans. I mean, we expect our heroes to be everything we want them to be, and it's unfair. John Lennon was borderline abusive (maybe even just plain abusive) to his first wife, which is abhorrent to me. Oh, and he neglected his older son. But I'm still a fan of his music and I admire other qualities he had.

So you'd reconsider being a fan of someone because he has animal skulls in his home?

And I'm not even an Evan fan, but I just thought that was weird. People don't seem to look at their fellow human beings for all that they are. Weird to bring this into this Evan discussion, but it just made me think of that.

vCash
    Somehow, I doubt that he has a real human skull gold plated ... when I saw it on the video clip, I thought it was probably a gold plated model of a human skull. I also believe there are laws governing what can and can't be done with human remains.

vCash
    You can't even get human bones for anatomy labs anymore in colleges/med schools - you either rely on very old ones that have been in the university for decades, or you get the plastic models.

Yeesh, chill out people. I don't find Evan having a thing for skulls any worse than Johnny wanting to wear deceased animals at every opportunity (and no, I'm not a member of PETA, I still have my mother's old furs, just making a comparison here). They both have their own tastes, good for them.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I just found it sad that there were no personal items around except for the wall clippings of his Olympic victory. Even if Evan was only at the Las Vegas house once or twice a month, how long does it take to put some family photos out or books on a shelf, especially since he was showing off his home for a tv program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    You can't even get human bones for anatomy labs anymore in colleges/med schools - you either rely on very old ones that have been in the university for decades, or you get the plastic models.

Yeesh, chill out people. I don't find Evan having a thing for skulls any worse than Johnny wanting to wear deceased animals at every opportunity (and no, I'm not a member of PETA, I still have my mother's old furs, just making a comparison here). They both have their own tastes, good for them.
    That is actually a very sensible and true comparison. Why do skulls skeeve me and furs not? I guess with skulls death kinda stares you in the face and with fur (like meat at the butcher's shop) you can delude yourself that it's altogether something else.

vCash
    I guess fur serves the purposes of clothing, something to keep you warm (though for many people it is primarily for fashion). The skulls are strictly for decoration and are kind of creepy.

On the other hand, foxes are electrocuted specifically to get the fur , whereas the skulls came from animals who happened to have died already.

I'd call it a draw.

I was also wondering why Evan doesn't have photos of his family on the wall. He seems very proud of his family and tweets picture of his baby niece. But then again nobody seems to print out photos anymore; they just post them on social networking sites.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash

Home doesn't look lived in because it's not

In the new issue of Skating magazine -- http://digital.publicationprinters.c...ation/?i=72074 (Evan article starts on page 16)

Between winning Olympic gold in February 2010 and April 5, 2011, Evan has spent 24 days at his home. With 1.8 days at home a month I understand why there aren't many personal touches or photos.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast