Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgramerUSFS View Post
    Question, I have always wondered which competitions provide world points. Where is that list? And how many points?
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Click on the ISU communication 1629 and scroll down unil you reach this: 4. DISTRIBUTION OF POINTS (10% steps). The amount of points depends on placement: In an IC = international senior competition the winner gets 250 points as far as I understand the matter.
    Last edited by Jaana; 04-30-2012 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Thanks!

During his trip to Belarus, Evan told the media that the information released last year by someone from USFSA that the dispute between the two parties was financial problem was incorrect. The issue was dealt with the components of contract that has conflict with his schedule. The good news is that all the problems are solved for now.

Does this mean he will compete next season? Sorry if this has been addressed already

vCash
    Lysacek is listed in USFS' 2012-13 International Selection Pool (as is Weir).

Even though Lysacek is no longer ranked in the ISU World Standings list (his 2009-10 ranking points have been removed in the latest update today -- see the thread in GSD), that shouldn't affect whether or not he can compete internationally this fall.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-30-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Maksim Trankov (who is in Korea for All That Skate show) twitted "OMG, it will be a battle in Sochi! Lysacek jumps 4toe-euler-3flip".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    Maksim Trankov (who is in Korea for All That Skate show) twitted "OMG, it will be a battle in Sochi! Lysacek jumps 4toe-euler-3flip".
    He was also seen doing 3axel half loop 3flips. If doing the flip at the end of the sequence helps him take off on the back inside edge, then great.

vCash
    OMG... I think it will be very very interesting if Evan will return to compete in Sochi together with Plushy. We can then call Sochi ... battle of the Oly gold medallists with World medallists in the outer ring! Gosh.. no one will want to miss the men's competition ever.

vCash
    Oh yeah, it sure will be a battle!!! And of course the ones with best Olympic nerves will fare well. Thanks for the jump info, Iris81....

Maybe after all it was good that he was not able to compete in past season. Better chances to stay healthy until the Olympics are over, I mean.
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

vCash
    I came across this article from last month about Lysacek's trip to Sweden and Belarus: http://boxscorenews.com/us-state-dep...-p35136-68.htm

ETA: Evan is currently listed to perform in 2 of Sun Valley's summer ice shows on July 21 and August 25, 2012 - see the schedule linked in SV show thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83527

Sarah and Drew's blog re: the 'Ice Chips' show.
    Lysacek premiered an exciting program at the Saturday afternoon show: a new free skate, to music from Samson and Delilah.

"It's a work in progress," he said. "I love the music so much. It's beautiful. And not too many people have skated to it. It's very repetitive, very driving, which I like."

The program showed off Lysacek's smooth speed and power to good effect, with some big, clean triple jumps: Lutz, flip and loop. Lysacek also premiered a new Vera Wang costume in gray and black with a white collar.

"It's something we're trying -- it's a possibility," he said. "Vera sends me things. For 'The Climb,' my costume is navy and black; it's not that exciting. My clothes are always subtle. I like navy, black, gray."
    Not a fan of the 'Samson and Delilah' costume, it's so weird, looks better in motion, but still weird; the new costume for 'the Climb' looks really nice though, he should wear that in competition.
    I realized that these videos from the Skating Club of Boston's Ice Chips show in late March/early April have not been posted in this thread:

"Samson and Delilah" (shaky video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUBfEV2MGo

"The Climb": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-99vpIFfM

"Tango de Roxanne": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5uTMhiWBg
    "Tango de Roxanne" (partial): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiOvjHVno9s
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-02-2012 at 08:00 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Trankov tweeted that Evan was apparently doing 4-3
    (I guess at the practice ot All That Skate).

OMG в Сочи у мужчин рубка будет! Лайс 4т + 3f через ойлер фигачит!
    ETA: Oh sorry, I see it has already been mentioned.
    Last edited by YukiNieve; 05-02-2012 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    Well, the challenge is definitely on! Evan has certainly signalled that he's in it for real. This looks to be a very amped up competition for the gold in Sochi. This is going to be interesting...

vCash
    ^^ I love the idea of Oly Golds showdown .. now that Evan has quads and Plushy has sequences and transitions (okay.. read that on Plushy's thread that he's doing pretty well on that). They are on equal plane so there HOPEFULLY whoever wins there won't be any disappointments and winching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    They are on equal plane so there HOPEFULLY whoever wins there won't be any disappointments and winching.

vCash
    ^^ I love the idea of Oly Golds showdown .. now that Evan has quads and Plushy has sequences and transitions (okay.. read that on Plushy's thread that he's doing pretty well on that). They are on equal plane so there HOPEFULLY whoever wins there won't be any disappointments and winching.
    And then Chan swoops in and beats them all because he has everything including 2 quads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    And then Chan swoops in and beats them all because he has everything including 2 quads
    I have nothing against Chan winning, but the question is his consistency. He does not often skate faultless freeskates, does he? And my impression from Russian male skaters doing a CoP choreography is this: They may have lots of arm gestures but what they do with the feet is not that impressive and there is a looooong preparation for every jump. That is the Russian idea of transitions, so far. It is a lot easier for Evan to bring back the quad (which he was able to jump while uninjured) than for Plushenko to have real transitions before his jumps.
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    Marco, Chan is not in the same league as Evan and Plushy. Evan & Plushy are Oly gold medallists. Chan is not even an Oly medallist. The battle is really between E & P.

vCash
    Marco, Chan is not in the same league as Evan and Plushy. Evan & Plushy are Oly gold medallists. Chan is not even an Oly medallist. The battle is really between E & P.
    You are joking, right?

Chan was still very young at the last Olympics, he hadn't reached his full potential yet (even SS wise), and he wasn't doing quads (which he does now). And, even then, he could have won a medal, if he had skated clean. So, you really must be joking.

vCash
    From "All that skate 2012" news conference

http://l.yimg.com/go/news/picture/20...4_165305_0.jpg

Evan is so handsome!

vCash
    From "All that skate 2012" news conference

http://l.yimg.com/go/news/picture/20...4_165305_0.jpg

Evan is so handsome!
    Indeed ... like Brian and Lambiel.

vCash
    Absolutely not in the same league. Chan is clearly a much better skater.

vCash
    Chan is clearly a much better skater.
    Not when he is doing his Zamboni imitation.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast