Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Evan Lysacek News and Update - Determination to Win

This thread is dedicated to one of my favorite figure skaters of all time: Evan Lysacek. His amazing determination, dedication, passion, focus and commitment to the sport inspired me a lot. He always reminds me of the two famous slogans in sports world: Impossible is nothing. Just do it!

Evan was nominated for ESPY "Best Male U.S. Olympic Athlete"! Congratulations, well deserved!

Please vote for him at: http://espn.go.com/espys/
    Last edited by aymkjb88; 06-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.

vCash

Thumbs up

News Vedio, Evan has cute interactions with the kids:

Evan visits Lowell Elementary students

Since the winter games are over Lysacek has been busy with Stars on Ice, Dancing with the Stars, Make a Wish Foundation, the Ronald Macdonald House, and the Special Olympics. He finds time to visit elementary schools, and says "i've achieved so much, and this is my opportunity to explain to these kids that it is possible to do anything".

Instead of explaining how he got to where he is, he focuses on where the students want to go. He considers this part of the program his favorite, "especially when they're so pure and in elementary school. A lot of them are not jaded and they'll come right out and tell you they want to be a ballerina, a professional baseball player, and no one has told them they can't do anything".

Lysacek inspires students to have determination, work hard, and maintain a strong support system.
    Last edited by aymkjb88; 06-24-2010 at 07:03 PM.

vCash

Talking

Evan and Kristi will attend tonight's Twilight: Eclipse premier together in LA.

From Evan's Facebook:

Heading to the Twilight Eclipse premier tonight with Kristi! Will be cool to see the movie after doing the Twilight inspiried dance with Anna.

vCash
    Thanks for starting this thread! The video was great and I´m always happy to listen to Evan´s voice as he speaks so clearly that even I can catch every word...

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread! The video was great and I´m always happy to listen to Evan´s voice as he speaks so clearly that even I can catch every word...
    Welcome Jaana! I've wanted to open the thread for a while, but I'm concerned that the 'positive' posts may not fit into FSU's style very well.

vCash

Thumbs up

The ESPYs are open to fan votes now!

There'll be a half-hour nomination show air on ESPN this Friday.

Voting begins today and runs through July 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET at espn.com/espys. A half-hour nomination show will air on ESPN this Friday, June 25, at 8 p.m. ET. The winners will be announced during "The 2010 ESPYs" airing live on ESPN on Wednesday, July 14 at 9 p.m. ET.
    Best of Luck Evan!

vCash
    awww...great thread! thanks for starting it! i hope Evan wins the ESPY.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Congrats to Evan on the ESPY nomination. He seemed to have a great time going to the show as Nastia's guest, now he gets to go again as a nominee
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post

From Evan's Facebook:
    That's it, I'm e-mailing both of them a complete set of Cleolinda's Twilight recaps.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    For those voting, you need to scroll down in the box to get to Evan's category.

On the female Olympian side, I voted for Hannah Kearney, since the Mancuso/Vonn dramatics were too annoying.

vCash

Thumbs up

^ Thanks a lot guys, Evan fans are usually very quiet and laid-back on this board, I'm glad you can step it up to show your support to him, appreciate it!

For those of you who lives in LA area, there'll be a M&G this Saturday, don't miss it!

ATTTeamUSA‎: Meet AT&T sponsored athlete & Olympian @EvanLysacek Sat. 6/26 from 11:30 am–1:30 pm in LA @ AT&T retail store 2333 S. Sepulveda, LA, 90064

vCash
    On the female Olympian side, I voted for Hannah Kearney, since the Mancuso/Vonn dramatics were too annoying'

I used the same rationale when I voted for Hannah....

vCash

Lightbulb

Forgot the key part in his twilight premier message:

Will be cool to see the movie after doing the Twilight inspired dance with Anna. Maybe I'll get inspiration for a new program?
    their Twilight inspired Paso Doble was my favorite dance in DWTS-S10, I'm really looking forward to seeing a vampire theme new program from Evan next season!

vCash
    guess what for female olympian, i also used the same rationale and voted for hannah,
    by the way , i think joannie is up for best moment.
    good luck to evan.

vCash
    Joannie is up for best moment. I voted for her and for Evan.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Voted!

(And someone please throw some votes Mike Smith's way for Best Jockey? Guy has ICE WATER in his veins, the way he rides Zenyatta...)

vCash
    I'm so going to that meet and greet thing. Yay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm so going to that meet and greet thing. Yay!
    I'm going with you. I am SO SO excited now <3

vCash
    Thanks for starting this thread and gathering all the info!!

Despite Evan and Kristi this movie is still not my cup of tea, I can't stand watching Robert Pattinson, he's the worst looking actor for a vampire IMO... LOL

vCash
    Evan just tweeted about the premiere

Eclipse was awesome!! I got to meet A Rod!!! Kristen, Robert, and Taylor sat right behind us. It was pretty insane!

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast