Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iphone 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    30 websites a day is kind of a lot.

My bf reports 200MB is pretty limited but the plans are flexible so you could go with a larger plan and see how much you actually use, and then go smaller if you have to.

Don't forget if you enable push notifications, that'll jack up the transfer rate by a ton since the phone will be checking for new email constantly. That's how some iPhone users get dumped with thousands of dollars in charges when they're traveling outside the US.
    Yeah, I guess 30 is a lot. I don't really look at 30 dif websites, I guess more like 30 dif pages or so. I refresh pages a lot especially news. I'm addicted I guess

vCash
    I hope a general iPhone question: I've charged my iPhone until I went to bed last night, when I woke up this morning (ca. 8h later), the battery was down to 92%. I have turned off all notifications, except for Whatsapp (I didn't receive any messages however), didn't receive any calls, no sms, my email accounts are inactive. What else could be eating up my battery. 8% is a bit much when on standby, isn't it?

vCash
    Is it perhaps searching for a network and not finding it? I noticed mine does that at work and runs the battery down really fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Is it perhaps searching for a network and not finding it? I noticed mine does that at work and runs the battery down really fast.
    Nope, we got wireless at home and it's always connected to...

Next, please!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post

Next, please!
    So it's not an iPhone , but my netbook would have the same thing happen. Turns out there was some USB application that needed to be turned off.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

Next, please!
    My bf always puts his phone in airplane mode when he's not using it. I assumed it was because being connected all the time, even to wireless, used up battery power.

And 92%? I didn't realize Apple's battery indicator was that sensitive! I only use it as a general indicator. When I'm running low, my iPod Touch will go back and forth from being red and green and say I'm down to 20% battery power multiple times.

vCash
    Yeah, the battery indicator on my iPhone4 seems to be pretty sensitive and accurate. Anyway, I don't know, there must be something that's running and running down the battery. And if there are any network glitches it could cause your phone to search for the network. So, I don't know if that's it. I guess probably not, but I'm out of ideas right now.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Verizon to get iPhone next year
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...649347572.html

Separately, Verizon will roll out 4G next year (unknown if this is to be incorporated into the Verizon iPhone) and Apple will also roll out a redesigned iPhone 5 next year.

If all of these get folded into one (Verizon + 4G + iPhone 5) then I'd most certainly switch from my now-antiquated 2008-era iPhone 3G.

vCash
    Airplane mode might be a good idea over night. The only thing that I haven't turned off is the "find location" thing but I've limited it to camera, google maps and the public transport app. I realise that this might eat battery but as long as you're not in the app itself, then the phone won't look for your location.

iPhone 5? What's gonna change. I can get a new one in a year, so I guess I'll have to skip iPhone 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Verizon to get iPhone next year
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...649347572.html

Separately, Verizon will roll out 4G next year (unknown if this is to be incorporated into the Verizon iPhone) and Apple will also roll out a redesigned iPhone 5 next year.

If all of these get folded into one (Verizon + 4G + iPhone 5) then I'd most certainly switch from my now-antiquated 2008-era iPhone 3G.
    Wow, pretty cool. And of course I just bought my iPhone4. Oh well, I'll be ready for an update in a couple years and hopefully they'll have time to work out any kinks. I may very well switch back to Verizon, much as I hate them, because Verizon cell reception is much better at my workplace than AT&T.

vCash
    The only thing that I haven't turned off is the "find location" thing but I've limited it to camera, google maps and the public transport app.
    You might want to turn off location for the camera. There was a story in the NYT about crooks using the location info on pix posted on the web to tell when people were away from home. I'm paranoid-oid, so I turned mine off.

I have Battery Doctor, an app for managing your battery function, and I've found that it always says my battery has a few percent more left than the phone does. I've never had a problem with my iPhone 4 battery running down or with using more than my 200mg data, but I'm almost always on wifi. Even when camping and having to use edge for 16 days, I only used about 120mg. I turned push and data roaming off and watched it like a hawk.

INTJ
    vCash
    Did you ever figure it out Jackie? Mine seems to be doing the same thing. The odd thing is that it used to be fine and just in the last week the battery has been draining rapidly
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12