Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I also live in Ottawa and felt it. The second I felt it, I just screamed and ran out of the building. It was actually pretty scary!

Banned Member
    vCash
    I live in the states in Ohio and we had an earthquake today around 2pm.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    According to the NJ news it was felt all the way in Hackensack, which means the Ice House must have been sha-ha-haking. I wonder what that feels like, skating on earthquake ice?
    I work in Bergen County, and I didn't feel it. What time did it occur eastern time?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    We felt it at the office as well. No damages or anything, though.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

SHERLOCKED
    vCash
    Other people on the main floor of my building at work felt it and saw their computers shake, but I felt nothing just down the hall where I was.

vCash
    I didn't feel anything at all. I was too busy filling papers at work.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I work in Bergen County, and I didn't feel it. What time did it occur eastern time?
    Yeah, that's the weird thing. Someone upthread said she felt it in Lyndhurst, but I talked to someone in Secaucus and he said he didn't feel it. They also felt it out in Morristown and parts of Brooklyn. I didn't feel it in Manhattan.

It was about 1:30, I think.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    I live in Cleveland, Ohio. The earth did not move for me. Others felt it and were talking about it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Yeah, that's the weird thing. Someone upthread said she felt it in Lyndhurst, but I talked to someone in Secaucus and he said he didn't feel it. They also felt it out in Morristown and parts of Brooklyn. I didn't feel it in Manhattan.
    I didn't feel it in the Albany area.
    Creating drama!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Some other folks here in Cincinnati felt some shaking this afternoon but I was riding in a car at the time and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. I'm glad everyone seems to be all right!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    My parents are in Ottawa and I got a phonecall from my mother all shaken up about 30 minutes after it happened. They felt it quite a bit, said it sounded like a freight train going by and thought maybe the furnace was about to explode (which apparently my father decided to head to the basement to check )

So once I calmed her down I chuckled and reminded her how she was disappointed that I was sending the kids to Iceland for the summer (with the earthquakes and volcanoes) and that I should send them to her where they would be safe

I also told her to tell my father the next time he thinks the furnace is about to explode that it's probably best to leave the house and not head to the basement to watch it happen
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    It was felt in the Kitchener/Cambridge area of southwestern Ontario...and Woodstock, near London. It's funny, I was walking at the time and felt nothing, while others who were sitting said they felt it and they were right freaked out. One coworker was having a nap in the staff room and she said all the locks on the lockers were swaying. Everyone was talking about it and I was like, what? and I missed it?

I know there was some bad damage closer to the epi centre northeast of Ottawa, but it wasn't too bad as these things go. We are just so unused to them that we get freaked out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    ........... and thought maybe the furnace was about to explode (which apparently my father decided to head to the basement to check )

I checked the basement too. The city is working on the watermains on my street and 2 big trucks were right outside my house making tons of noise all day. I wondered if the pipes into my house burst or something because of their drilling, hoping I didn't find a flood downstairs.

At the same time though, I figured it was probably an earthquake.

Strange thing about some feeling it and some not. I'm only about 160 miles from the epicentre. My house swayed quite a bit, my son said the computer monitors shook across the desks at his work, but my daughter was in the grocery store at the time and felt nothing.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Some other folks here in Cincinnati felt some shaking this afternoon but I was riding in a car at the time and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. I'm glad everyone seems to be all right!
    I work in Northern Kentucky just across the river from Cincinnati and some of my coworkers on the 5th floor of the building said they felt it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Short but sweet here in Kingston. Felt like a combination of shaking and swaying to me.
    I'm in Belleville. No one in my office felt a thing.

vCash
    I felt it in Hamilton. My office is in a trailer at the moment though and that thing shakes so much that I really didn't notice it at first.

vCash
    We have been having the driveway done at work so I just thought the workmen were back to finish the job. It felt pretty much like a truck passing by. Lots of shaking but over in about fifteen seconds (east Ottawa-Orleans). A co worker of mine was driving and felt nothing but her wheel bearings were blown off her car. Last I heard she was still waiting to be towed

vCash
    My sister lives in Montreal but didn't feel a thing. Her boyfriend, however, did feel it. Said it was like a huge truck speeding past him.

vCash
    I'm in Barrie and didn't feel a thing yet friends definitely felt it. Of course I was relaxing and having a facial at the time, so I suppose I could have slept through it.

vCash
    I live in Montreal and I felt it. I was in bed and everything started shaking. It took some time to realise what was going on because we're not used to that! It lasted about 15 to 20 seconds. It was skary! Enough that my sister and I believed it was safer to go down the stairs to the first floor...I cannot imagine what it was like in Haiti and Chile last winter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast