Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

McLaughlin and Brubaker are done!!! :(

vCash
    Sounds like she's quitting the sport.

vCash

Rockne is 24?? I thought he was younger for some reason...

vCash
    Noooooo!

vCash

I quite understand her wanting to concentrate on school, but how is the US going to have any success in pairs if our pairs do not stay together?????

vCash
    NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

This is awful....what a terrible way to go out at US Nationals....they had SO much potential, and they never reached it.

I am truly shocked...and very saddened. This pretty much leaves Caydee and Jeremy with no competition. We can only hope they grow in the artistic part of their skating, because the technical mastery is already there.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Bummer
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post

Rockne is 24?? I thought he was younger for some reason...
    Just turned 24 yesterday. I am in shock over this. I understand the Olympic disappointment, but they were so young, it shouldn't have been too devastating to overcome. I'm surprised she would rather just go to high school and not skate at all.

This one kills me. I loved them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Just turned 24 yesterday. I am in shock over this. I understand the Olympic disappointment, but they were so young, it shouldn't have been too devastating to overcome. I'm surprised she would rather just go to high school and not skate at all.

This one kills me. I loved them!
    I think "go to high school" is just the easiest answer, like when politicians say they are resigning to "spend more time with my family."

vCash

Nooooooo! I liked them so much!

vCash
    What a shame. They weren't my favorites, but I did enjoy watching them. Good luck to them both.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Oh! How sad. I still thought they had so much to look forward to in skating. But if she's had enough, she's had enough and better to move on I guess. I really enjoyed their skating and wish them both the best.

vCash
    USFS offical announcement.

vCash
    :-/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    This pretty much leaves Caydee and Jeremy with no competition. We can only hope they grow in the artistic part of their skating, because the technical mastery is already there.
    Well, there are other American teams that might have something to say about that. For instance, Evora and Ladwig did beat them at the Olympics. Additionally, we have teams like Yankowskas and Coughlin who are on the verge, and then a bumper crop of up and comers... Dobbs and Jacobson, Vise and Baldwin, Zhang and Toth, and Aaron and Cohen. We are in capable hands as we develop our teams.

We have two teams that can place top ten in the World, so now we need to step it up and start earning a third spot at Worlds so we can develop a third team. It takes time, and this quad might be it.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think it was inevitable. Their height disparity caught up with them and Keauna was really struggling with her jumps. Plus, I'm not certain they (maybe one or both) really had the work ethic to work through the struggles (not that they could do anything about her growth spurt). Yet another reason for me not to get invested in young skaters too early. Potential doesn't always translate into fruition.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    for me unexpected.

denny & barret does have competition from evora & ladwig, and other pairs.

but as far as denny & barrett goes. i personnally think he needs to lift weight and get more speed, because there are times i though he would drop her /and or she looked heavy in the lifts ( i mean he looked like he was struggling holding her up.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think "go to high school" is just the easiest answer, like when politicians say they are resigning to "spend more time with my family."
    True. I can't see Keauna giving this all up to go to high school for 1 year. It wouldn't make any sense. God this sucks. This wasn't anything close to a run-of-the-mill pair team. They had SO much potential! And it's now down the drain. Why did I let myself get emotionally invested in a US pairs team? It's US Pairs! It's always doomed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Well, there are other American teams that might have something to say about that. For instance, Evora and Ladwig did beat them at the Olympics. Additionally, we have teams like Yankowskas and Coughlin who are on the verge, and then a bumper crop of up and comers... Dobbs and Jacobson, Vise and Baldwin, Zhang and Toth, and Aaron and Cohen. We are in capable hands as we develop our teams.

We have two teams that can place top ten in the World, so now we need to step it up and start earning a third spot at Worlds so we can develop a third team. It takes time, and this quad might be it.
    You're right, but Caydee and Jeremy are by far the most consistent...although Amanda and Mark proved themselves to be contenders last year as well. Well, now I'm sort of happy McBru won in '09. At the time, I thought they might not have deserved it, but it would be the last medal they would win at US Nats.

vCash
    I am devastated right now. This is awful, I loved them so much

I am so so upset right now.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast