Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I heard IneZR's skater did an unsanctioned show after her Moscow meltdown. I think we should revoke her eligibility.

vCash
    This game really is addicting lol
    Last edited by Karpenko; 07-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.

vCash
    This game is so addictive. I'm on the Munich level.

ETA: I just had my own meltdown in Moscow.
    Last edited by modern_muslimah; 07-04-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

vCash
    So, has anybody passed the Moscow level? It's driving me crazy that I can't get past the 73.92 mark.

Blergh
    vCash
    Don't do any other jump than Double Lutzes. Work on your Double Lutz technique. If you can score over 8 points with Double Lutzes, then you should be fine. Work on your level 2 FW and only do layback and sit spins to try to get at least a high 7.

If you have trouble with the Double Lutzes, then just do Single Toe Loops. A perfect Single Toe Loop should let you score 8.40 range. For your spiral, just do Kerrigan spirals, those are easy.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Pretty much everything VIETgrlTerifa said, go with the jumps with easy commands and forget about the butterfly waxel and the 3A.

I scored 77.12 in Moscow with 1T, arabesque, 1T, StSq1, LSp, arabesque, 1T, SSp, 1T, so it's possible to win even with the most basic of elements as long as you don't hemorrhage execution points.

One big boost to my score was figuring out how to spin. Don't try to go for big, beautiful, perfect circles - just spam as much tight circles as possible. Getting bad/fair marks on a spin doesn't seem to detract from the element score.

10 perfect/good revs on a sit/layback might earn you ~7 points while 20+ "fair" revolutions will earn you 9 points.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    Pretty much everything VIETgrlTerifa said, go with the jumps with easy commands and forget about the butterfly waxel and the 3A.
    Seriously. I once did a perfect Butterfly jump and scored the same as a perfect double Lutz. I also found that it's better to do well on 2 of the 3 moves for the Triple Axel and fail the third step than it is to do all 3 steps only do it fairly. I went from scoring in the 8.0 range by falling on my Triple Axel to scoring in the mid-5 range for landing my Triple Axel, but getting fairs on 2 of the 3 steps. Not worth it at all.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    OK, so after completing all the levels, I went back to the beginning. I was doing fine until Moscow. Now, every time I do the second spiral, I end up gliding right over my final jump, resulting in a missed element. It's happening every time, no matter which spiral I do or which jump I have planned. I don't seem to have any control over it. I don't understand this, because it wasn't a problem the first time I was playing the game, and I can't think of anything that I'm doing differently from before. Any ideas?

Blergh
    vCash
    Start the spiral earlier. Do the tracing as early and as quickly as possible. If you start it too late, you run the risk of gliding over the jumping pass.

vCash
    Can't get passed Moscow level too! Fun game.

vCash
    Start the spiral earlier. Do the tracing as early and as quickly as possible. If you start it too late, you run the risk of gliding over the jumping pass.
    This. Studying the program layout and planning elements that you can execute quickly becomes very important in the later stages, especially when you have jump "sequences" where it might be worth it to do a simple 1T or arabesque so you don't zero out on the next element.

vCash
    just beat lillehammer, that kerrigan spiral tracing is hard. Anybody break 100 yet?? I've got like 95 as my high

Blergh
    vCash
    I hate it when Vancouver "cheats" and makes your final pose a figure 8, especially if the rest of the routine was going really well. That's an extra 3 points that I could miss!

vCash
    Thanks for the tips, guys! Off to practice my double lutzes and Kerrigan spiral!

vCash
    I hate it when Vancouver "cheats" and makes your final pose a figure 8, especially if the rest of the routine was going really well. That's an extra 3 points that I could miss!
    Gah, that just happened to me after hitting all my lutzes and getting a surprise perfect Kerrigan

Totally :

vCash
    Yep, I made it. Beijing, baby!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    just beat lillehammer, that kerrigan spiral tracing is hard.
    I just make a puffy cloud/tree-top shape and usually will give me a 'good' for it.

Blergh
    vCash
    My highest score was a 99.46. I got 9s on both my spins and nearly perfect footwork sequences and I got two perfects on my Kerrigan spiral. However, I only got a "good" on my final pose, and for some reason, my Double Lutzes have been giving me trouble. I can't get 3 perfects anymore. I did 2 perfects out of 5.

Typical...

vCash
    are the skaters on the scoreboard bots or actual online competitors Lol

vCash
    my spins really suck, cant get more than 16 revs, i suppose it doesnt help that i have a touch mouse and am on laptop..

my highest so far is 94.66, I've got the double lutz down

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast