Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    are the skaters on the scoreboard bots or actual online competitors Lol
    I think they're just placeholders to beat. I've never paid attention to the lower places, but I'm pretty sure the top score to beat for a level doesn't change.

On a side note, I finally was able to repeat breaking the 100 mark. Probably the only good news I've had today.

vCash
    I _finally_ got past Moscow, yay me!

On the other hand, the game gave me more ammunition to the pro side in the eternal debate called "Am I a big idiot?"

I didn't realize for a long time that you could plan your elements and just thought you were stuck with whatever the venue gave you. After some experimenting I realized the jump that gives me the most points is the Russian split so I put it everywhere that I can and the toe jump where I can't. I gave up on footwork 3 and Biellmann and just do nothing but sitspins and arabesques. Well-balanced it isn't but whatever works to get past that b1tch Jenny Shine (ooooh I hate her!)

While my scores have improved I have to say that the game is less absorbing than when I thought there really was a way to get the requisite points with the routine the machine gives you....

vCash
    Past Moscow level!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I didn't realize for a long time that you could plan your elements and just thought you were stuck with whatever the venue gave you.
    Same here.

vCash
    has anybody gotten the variety bonus?

vCash
    I just recieved the variety bonus - 500 points, but what exactly does it mean?

vCash
    I think the variety bonus is to reward for not being a code whore that throws around double lutzes like how real life skaters used to do 2As and Biellmanns ad nauseum.

The variety bonus seems to be worthless in terms of placement - I think it's just to add to your final score for the site top scores leaderboard.

vCash
    I've gotta start whoring those double lutzes more (and not do anything but biellman spins if I get the timing on the mouse right I can get almost ten points for those suckers...).

In case anyone else takes a while to figure things out (like me), the secret to spins is _not_ producing the drawing represented, for the circle just make teeny tiny mouse circles while clicking as fast as you can, don't worry about fair or even a few bads, the total points seem to be related only to number of revolutions - for the figure eight just do kind of a loop roughly (>o) clicking after you cross the first line.
    I haven't figured out the whore code for the kerrigan spiral yet (just a few random jerks in different directions will get you fair, but that's less points than I can get with a good arabesque...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    I _finally_ got past Moscow, yay me!

On the other hand, the game gave me more ammunition to the pro side in the eternal debate called "Am I a big idiot?"

I didn't realize for a long time that you could plan your elements and just thought you were stuck with whatever the venue gave you. After some experimenting I realized the jump that gives me the most points is the Russian split so I put it everywhere that I can and the toe jump where I can't. I gave up on footwork 3 and Biellmann and just do nothing but sitspins and arabesques. Well-balanced it isn't but whatever works to get past that b1tch Jenny Shine (ooooh I hate her!)

While my scores have improved I have to say that the game is less absorbing than when I thought there really was a way to get the requisite points with the routine the machine gives you....
    I still can't get past moscow and I don't want to have to resort to the above cos I also feel it makes the game less absorbing or "credible". it's almost like cheating in a way lol

but i cannnnnnnnnnnnnt get a 74 ;_____;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I still can't get past moscow and I don't want to have to resort to the above cos I also feel it makes the game less absorbing or "credible". it's almost like cheating in a way lol
    I used to have ethics too..... but now I'm past Moscow and I've left all of those behind.

First go back to easiest levels and replace elements and figure out which elements give you the most points and/or use those layouts to practice the elements that give you problems. I put the level 3 footwork in the easiest venue and now I can do it okay, but the best I've ever done it doesn't give me as many points as the level 2. I love the butterfly jump but Rissian split is my ticket to over eight points.

I kind of think this game is a nice example of what's wrong with CoP, doing what they tell you they want gets you fewer points than just putting your artistic qualms aside whoring for the points..... (especially since the 'variety' bonus is so puny and doesn't make up for wasting time on tricks that just don't get the points (like Kerrigan and footwork 3).

vCash
    I finally got over 100 with a 100.49. Two perfect Kerrigan spirals, a 9.00 layback spin, a 8.94 sit spin, 4 perfect double Lutzes (or three, can't remember), and two footwork sequences that scored in the mid 8s. I also had a figure 8 final pose, but I got a "good" for it.

All the judges gave me scores in the 100s (Italy 108.25, UK 107.02, Spain? 104.64, and the U.S. with 106.54), except for the Japanese one who gave me a 90.66, and the last one (I'm guessing England even though we already have a British judge) gave me a 85.84. Maybe England and Japan wanted less code-whoring.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Just made it to Lillehammer for the first time, did a run thru with the suggested elements - these will never do.

On the other hand, I can see the end of the game, After I unlock the triple axel there's not much to keep me going, just trying different elements in different venues. I have no intention to practice until I can reliably get 'perfects'....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123