JEWELS.
    vCash

'Be Good Johnny Weir' Finale & Weir on MTV's 'When I was 17' This Weekend, June 26/27

Johnny Weir will be appearing in two new TV programs this weekend.

Saturday, June 26th at 11:00am Eastern he will be on MTV's 'When I was 17'
    Actor and singer Jackson Rathbone, fashionable Olympic figure skater Johnny Weir and R&B recording artist Keri Hilson will each share stories and life experiences from the years as a teenager trying to pursue their ambitions.
    Promo Clip

The Finale of 'Be Good Johnny Weir' will be shown at 9:00pm Eastern, Sunday, June 27th on the Sundance Channel. Note the time change (this program was originally scheduled for 10pm).
    After two years of assorted triumphs and occasional setbacks, the series reaches its finale at the 2010 Olympics. While the presence of his rival Evan Lysacek looms large in Vancouver, Johnny never fails to attract attention, even when holding a press conference moments before the long-awaited hockey face-off between Canada and Russia.
    Several clips and promos for the finale episode can be found here:
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/johnny-weir/video/
    Clip 1
    Clip 2
    Clip 3
    Clip 4
    Clip 5
    Promo Clip

vCash
    Thanks for this. I'll be holding a "Johnny Fest" this weekend!!!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    when does BGJW usually show up on Comcast on Demand? I know it's normally earlier than when it airs on Sundance...

vCash
    Is Johnny on the D list or something? I've heard of him but I haven't heard of the other two people.

Blergh
    vCash
    Well, he's not really on the A-list.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Is Johnny on the D list or something? I've heard of him but I haven't heard of the other two people.
    You mean the two other people on the MTV show? Well, if being on this particular show is a measure of the type of list one is on, then Evan Lysacek is also on the D List, since he was on this show a week ago. (ha-ha!!!!)

vCash
    I hope there is a season TWO!
    I love the behind the scenes stuff sometimes even more than the actual skating.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    MTV has posted a video preview of Johnny's appearance on "When I Was 17" as well as some photos.

Video preview
    Photos

vCash
    Thanks for posting. Finally some decent clothes and less make-up to enhance Johnny's natural beauty. The old photos are awkward but funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    when does BGJW usually show up on Comcast on Demand? I know it's normally earlier than when it airs on Sundance...
    It is up now. I watched the final BGJW show yesterday on Demand.
    This episode was one of my favorites.

vCash
    I watched it yesterday in Comcast On-Demand. Fabulous episode - my fave! However, as carefully as I listened for a 'big announcement' about his future, I seem to have missed it. His Weirness??? Towards the end, Johnny (or a family member) mentions something about a tour but I thought that these were just plans. Nothing definitive is mentioned during the episode.

I loved the part near the end where Johnny is back in his rural Pennsylvania house, sitting on the porch in a rocking chair, with mom and aunt. I felt as if they were somehow part of my extended family. I will miss them if Johnny retires from eligible skating!!!

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    I watched it yesterday in Comcast On-Demand. Fabulous episode - my fave! However, as carefully as I listened for a 'big announcement' about his future, I seem to have missed it. His Weirness??
    The finale ep was rumored/advertised as providing an answer to what his future competitive plans were.

You're not the only fan left about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    The finale ep was rumored/advertised as providing an answer to what his future competitive plans were.

You're not the only fan left about it.
    Thanks for posting. Well, one thing's for certain: He will NOT enroll in the Fashion Institute of Technology.

There was the smallest glimmer of a hint about a tour and, for some odd reason, I picked-up on Dorothy Hamill being a tour member...did you get that too? I was VERY touched and impressed by Dorothy's support of Johnny throughout.