Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Sochi will probably get Cup of Russia or GPF. I remember in 1991, Albertville used then Trophee Lalique as a warm up for Lillehammer they have Piruetten. SLC had US Nationals in 1999

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lexeoe View Post
    SLC had US Nationals in 1999
    The pre-Olympic trial event for Salt Lake City was 2001 Four Continents.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I thought a short-track speed skating event was given to Sochi in the year leading up to 2014 and this would be the test event??

vCash
    There must be a test event for each Olympic sport/discipline, and it must be an international event.
    At least in the last 3 Olys, the test event for figure skating was Euros/4CC, but if not, it's likely to be GPF in late 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I thought a short-track speed skating event was given to Sochi in the year leading up to 2014 and this would be the test event??
    i think it was the world single distance championships. its long track.

vCash
    Umm....

I hate to point this out, but it's 2010..... A LOT can change in the air "world" between now and the time they sell tickets Don't panic over "it's hard to get to London" until it's closer IMHO. (I noticed there was a thread on the US Nationals in San Jose where someone listed out all the "direct" flights... but I would bet $$$ that by the time you can actually book things have changed. Heck they change in the 30 days between me buying a ticket for business and me actually getting ON the plane )

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Tourism London is very excited to host Worlds, apparently, and certainly thinks Scott and Tessa had something to do with their winning the bid

London to host the world’s best in 2013
    http://www.thelondoner.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2658023

vCash

Smile

Is it practical to commute to London from Oakville (halfway between Toronto and Hamilton)?

Oakville to London is a long trek on a daily basis - about 1 1/2 hours in good traffic each way not to mention the cost of gas.

Staying closer to London might be a better option. There are a number of hotels just off the 401 about 20 min drive from the arena that are not too bad although parking in London is not great either.

vCash
    Link to the thread in GSD for 2013 Worlds in London, ON (currently at 15 pages): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=72403&page=15

vCash
    I wanted to post information before but never got to it.

I am from Zagreb and was stunned when I got this information that we got to host Euros in 2013.

Yeah, I am happy, but surprised.

The attendance was so poor in 2008 because literally NOBODY in Zagreb knew about Euros taking place. This shows lack of marketing skills on the organization in part (I was told that there was no money for that) and of citiys tourism global plan. I remember the same year Gothenburg LIVED their world championship event.

Also, there was a handball event where Croatia was playing in the finals, National Television did not show anything live from Euros, and the rest of the coverage was poor. Slovenian TV had almost everything live covered, just as a reference.

Since Zagreb applied for a new big event, my guess is that set of people working for Federation changed and I hope that is for better.

As for Dom Sportova, well that is almost 40 year old arena that has not been remodeled ever, I think. There is a new sports Arena that can have ice, but nothing has ever been held there on ice, except Disney show. And I have no idea how that went and weather ice was good or not.
    I am sure that Arena would cost considerably more than Dom Sportova. Plus, the traffic there is just terrible. Maybe it gets better by 2013.

Some of you talked about smoking.
    Well good news! Smoking is now banned!
    Only small cafes can have smoking but they have strict regulations ventilation wise. Restaurants and anywhere where food is served is a smoke free.

vCash
    I was in Zagreb in 2008 and I had so much fun there First, Croatia was and I think still is cheap for our Euro-standards, I also spent very little time to get there as I live near the eastern border in Italy and it took me less than a 4 hours drive. The food was very good and the people were nice with us. I stayed in the judges hotel () and that was more than OK for my standards. The city is not big but it has a very nice little historic center and I loved the market in the main square! So I'm looking forward to come back. Of course from the skating point of view there were some negative sides. The arena is quite little and the practice rink is quite far But give Zagreb a second chance! Can't wait for 2013!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I thought Zagreb was and can't wait to go back.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    The organisation was absolutely terrible but Zagreb is super cheap so I am happy that ISU championships are finally in a place I can afford to go to.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    I remember reading the latter somewhere (i think it was a in some russian figure skating forum), but i am not sure whether it official interest or just some fan's wish.
    Sochi will host GPF in 2012 as it is listed in ISU homepage already since a while
    6 - 9 Dec Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Combined Juniors and Seniors)
    Sochi, Russia
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html

Choice is an illusion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Sochi will host GPF in 2012 as it is listed in ISU homepage already since a while
    6 - 9 Dec Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Combined Juniors and Seniors)
    Sochi, Russia
    http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/pa...v-list,00.html
    It was actually listed there and known for quite a while.
    At least I think I came to know that GPF 2012 will be in Sochi in the late November 2010.

vCash
    I know, but if you read the posts above there were so many talking about they aren't ready so I posted it

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456