Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Some random news tidbits about Chinese pairs, Asada and Kim

Just some tidbits I came across while reading Chinese papers - can't guarantee accuracy.

Shen Xue supports Brazil and Zhao Hongbo supports Germany for the World Cup. They were both let down by the performance of the Netherlands. (They have been writing short columns about the World Cup for the Beijing Evening News)

Pang & Tong wants to continue to Sochi, and they are skating to love-themed programs for the coming season. They are not getting married until they can afford to buy a house.

Asada was voted Japan's third most adored national idol and is the idol of Yamada sisters who currently live in and skate for Hong Kong and recently won/ medalled at the Asian Junior Championships.

Kim is involved in the Korean theme song for World Cup and in the cheerleading for the South Korean team. She has been denying all sorts of rumour of her dating the other national heros of Korea (the soap opera guy and the soccer player etc). She was also voted CNN's sexiest female athlete (This might have been old news but still .)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Pang & Tong wants to continue to Sochi, and they are skating to love-themed programs for the coming season. They are not getting married until they can afford to buy a house.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

vCash
    Yes, yes, yes! Oh, gosh, I'm so excited!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

Me too.I love them so much!

vCash
    Pang and Tong can't afford to buy a house???? .... ;(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know; I was hoping they'd finally retire.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

Title-less
    vCash
    I think the couple always suffers from being in Shen/Zhao's shadow, despite their accomplishments.

Please BMW, give them a car (and endorsement please so they can buy a house...and hopefully retire too).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

Wooden stroking around the ice surface into required elements is exciting?

I mean I wouldn't mind it that much, that's what most skaters do. But when *that* gets higher PCS than Savchenko/Szolkowy I want to go on a killing rampage.

vCash

Oh goody another season with boring and boring

vCash

I mean I wouldn't mind it that much, that's what most skaters do. But when *that* gets higher PCS than Savchenko/Szolkowy I want to go on a killing rampage.

Well if Sav/Szo wouldn't skate 2 miles apart from each other during their routines maybe their PCS marks would improve.

vCash

Why, oh why the country with the biggest population in the world has been sending the same people for the 3 (three!) Olympics in a row... So many generations of outstanding pairs skaters have changed in Europe and NA for the last 15 years! And why is it so different from the Chinese diving or gymnastics, where we see a bunch of new stars each quadrennial?
    Please just let P/T and Z/Z go. I'm sure therу are other talented young people that deserve support and promotion. I just don't get it - what can these two couples show that we haven't already seen from them

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Yes yes yes!!!

Transitions are but a single catagory that make up PCS

I LOOVVEE Pang and Tong!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
    Well if Sav/Szo wouldn't skate 2 miles apart from each other during their routines maybe their PCS marks would improve.
    They don't.

Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Why, oh why the country with the biggest population in the world has been sending the same people for the 3 (three!) Olympics in a row... So many generations of outstanding pairs skaters have changed in Europe and NA for the last 15 years! And why is it so different from the Chinese diving or gymnastics, where we see a bunch of new stars each quadrennial?
    Please just let P/T and Z/Z go. I'm sure therу are other talented young people that deserve support and promotion. I just don't get it - what can these two couples show that we haven't already seen from them
    Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

I am super excited about Sui/Han and they will be old enough by Sotchi and with their amazing talent they definitely will be a force to be reckoned with by then.

So no need to keep the "living corpses" going on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Transitions are but a single catagory that make up PCS
    I do know that I pay much more notice and give much more weight to Transitions than to anything else. But it's not like S/S are lacking in any other aspects.

The one thing they are majorly lacking is consistency. But that gets reflected in the TES score.

vCash
    Just some tidbits I came across while reading Chinese papers - can't guarantee accuracy.

Asada was voted Japan's third most adored national idol ...
    Any idea who got first and second places in the vote?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    Pang and Tong can't afford to buy a house???? .... ;(
    AFAIK housing in China (especially in the cities) is now unbelievably, out-of-this-world expensive, due to lack of space.

vCash
    I think you're right, because the cost of living has caused someone in China to come up with the idea of "capsule apartments". The "deluxe" ones don't look much better that the previous model (which were pretty much chicken cages for humans).

vCash
    Sorry I am going to repeat:

I will let go of the Vancouver 2010 Pairs Results.
    etc.

*shuts up*

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Sorry I am going to repeat:

etc.

*shuts up*
    Don't feel bad, I will NEVER let go of the Vancouver 2010 Mens Results

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I think the couple always suffers from being in Shen/Zhao's shadow, despite their accomplishments.

Please BMW, give them a car (and endorsement please so they can buy a house...and hopefully retire too).
    Humm.. I don't really think they have been suffering from s/z's shadow, because they're just not as good as s/z. They certainly don't have the accomplishments that s/z have had, and most definitely don't have the number of memorable programs that s/z have.

P/T's best program is probably at the Olympics this year, even that, i still wouldn't say it's the same as s/z's 2003 LP or the Nutcracker... just IMO

vCash

LOL... but you'll probably be MORE pleased when S/S actually BEAT P/T at big competitions instead of saying.. S/S won because the main competitors retired hehe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast