Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Yikes, Toy Story 3 is making a fortune. Will this be the highest grossing film of the year?Not sure if Avatar is officially considered a 2009 or 2010 release.
    I'm guessing Avatar was 2009 since it was considered for last year's Oscar. I'd be shocked if another movie this year made the money Toy Story 3 looks to be making.

vCash
    Saw it tonight. Loved it. I'm not a terrible huge fan of the first two, but this was my favorite. I thought it worked more for adults than children, honestly. I think some scenes might be a bit scary for small children.

I was bawling by the end.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    It was outstanding. One of the things I love so much about Pixar's movies is that the characters are fully-developed independent of the actors' personas, as opposed to a lot of other animated films.

My favorite Pixar movies are Monsters Inc., the Incredibles, and all of the Toy Stories.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    I absolutely loved it. So funny in places, so poignant in others. They deftly handled very adult themes without getting heavy-handed: The sadness of leaving behind things you love when you go to college, the empty-nest syndrome of Andy's mom, the realization that sometimes you have no choice but to let people go, the festering bitterness of being abandoned... Doesn't even sound like a kid's film when you list all those!

The short-film at the beginning was also amazing!

vCash
    Saw it Saturday night at the drive in. What a great movie with the big "happily ever after" ending. Loved the strawberry-scented bear's karma, the aliens unwavering faith in The Claw, and most of all, the non-toy characters. They were so true to real life kids, lol.

Someone on a Disney board pointed out that Andy's mother is a single parent. Hadn't really noticed that myself.

vCash
    I'm incredibly anxious to see this film, though I probably won't make it to the theater until the 2nd weekend of July. I saw Toy Story two twice when it was in the theater - one of only two films I've ever seen multiple times in the theater (the other being Milk). Without a doubt Toy Story 2 is my favorite Pixar film. I'm definitely excited to see Toy Story 3. The top critics review on RottenTomatoes.com is at 100%!

vCash
    Saw it today. Just loved it. I, too, was crying at the ending...so poignant. It totally pulled my heartstrings just like 1 and 2 did.

I noticed Andy's mom being a single parent...there was a picture of Andy in graduation robe with Molly and his mother hanging in his room. I always thought maybe just his dad was at work in the first two movies but that picture made me think...single mom because dad would have been in the picture, too. Or maybe he was taking the picture. I think she was a single mom, though.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    My son just turned 7. At his b-day party, he got movie theatre gift cards from 7 different people (about half of those attending). Apparently, they all had the same idea - Toy Story 3.
    Creating drama!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I haven't seen it yet as I'm waiting for MiniCyn to get back from her mini-vacation so we can see it together.

Both of the previous two Toy Story movies are right up there as my favorite Pixar movies, right behind Ratatouille, which is hands-down my all-time favorite they've done so far. I was less than impressed with Cars, and while I enjoyed A Bug's Life (how can one not enjoy Dave Foley, Madeleine Kahn, Denis Leary, John Ratzenberger, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, et al - what a fabulous cast!!

I still have yet to see [I]Wall-E/I] or The Incredibles (eys, I know I need to watch both as most people I know rave about them).

Gotta say, though, as much as I love the Toy Story movies, the over-commercialization of it is starting to get on my nerves. It seems like one cannot watch TV without being inundated with eleventy-billion ads with the characters endorsing some product .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post

Spoiler

I went my friends and when he showed up on screen, we all squealed his name out loud! People in the theater was all I was already enjoying the film prior to his appearance but that definitely sealed the deal.

I really enjoyed the themes, but I do have to say that not every child necessary out grows their toys. It was also interesting how the writers portrayed the age group of children and their treatment of toys. It certainly made me think of my childhood. Ha!

I wanted to point out that the dance sequence in the credits was animated to the movements of Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani's dancing. I was watching it and I thought it looked very ballroom. Then the credits with Cheryl and Tony's names came up and it all made perfect sense.

vCash
    Love the whole series, and saw the new one yesterday in 3-D at the local IMAX theater. Loved it!!!

vCash
    I'm going to see it on Friday, and I have googled

Spoiler

in preparation

I have high hopes, I loved the first two. The only Pixar movie I haven't loved was The Incredibles, which was

vCash
    Honestly, the thing you're all spoiler tagging isn't really a spoiler ...

I saw it on Monday. Excellent but I was never obsessed with the Toy Story movies, good as they are. I think Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc and Wall-E were better, but Pixar movies are all so good it's just personal preference. I spent half the movie squeeing at toys I had from my childhood. And holy crap, were there a lot of them. I especially loved the Fisher Price telephone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Honestly, the thing you're all spoiler tagging isn't really a spoiler ...
    I wondered about that, but I didn't want to be the one to ruin it

vCash
    We saw it on Saturday. LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! Although I always feel a bit odd when I get teary-eyed at an animated comedic movie. Bambi is one thing, but I wasn't expecting it during this one. Ken cracked me up...

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyNC View Post
    We saw it on Saturday. LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! Although I always feel a bit odd when I get teary-eyed at an animated comedic movie. Bambi is one thing, but I wasn't expecting it during this one. Ken cracked me up...
    What cracked me up was

Spoiler

And of course, "The claaaaw!"

My sister, my mom, and I watched it together yesterday. It was my sister's second time seeing it - she "didn't think it would be that good" (my reaction: "BLASPHEMY! It's PIXAR!" ) but her friends took her last week and she loved it.

I think it was much better structured than the most recent Pixar movies. Wall-E, Ratatatouille, and Up all got ridiculously over-the-top in their third acts and lost me somewhat, but Toy Story 3 kept up the tone and momentum really nicely.

I still think Finding Nemo and The Incredibles are my favs though.

vCash
    My husband and I saw it yesterday, with our 10-year old son and his 3 closest buddies. I was surprised all these 'cool' tweeners would be interested in going.

My. What a movie. I remember someone wrote upthread that the adults were laughing more than the kids. Same as my experience. The theatre was packed and the kids seemed to be really enjoying it. But it was the adults who werre howling they laughed so much.

My objective for this movie was to limit the crying so I didn't embarass my son. Well, I cried loads, but I was able to collect myself at the end, so it didn't show... that, and I went to the bathroom fix my makeup.

But that was one hell of a tear jerker. Loved, loved, loved it!
    With glowing hearts / Des plus brillants exploits.

vCash
    I also loved the movie! TBH when I heard they are making Toy Story 3 I wished Pixar would explore new ideas instead of doing sequels.. but oh my it was such a wonderful movie, animation or otherwise! Especially the ending, where even the toughest of us could identify with and melt with emotional impact. So many tough guys I know admit that they felt like crying at the end.

My favorite film from Pixar up until Toy Story 3 was Finding Nemo, but I think this comes really close. My least favorite is Cars... it is the least praised Pixar movie to date (according to rottentomatoes.com) but I've read Cars brought more revenue in terms of merchandising for Disney than any other Pixar movie. Which is not surprising that next year's Pixar feature will be Cars 2... I have mixed feeling about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    What cracked me up was

Spoiler

Oh my gosh Anita18, me too! I couldn't stop laughing at that I think the people at Pixar are geniuses - so creative in everything they've done. I have loved almost everything they've done. I loved the Night and Day short at the beginning too (my favorite short has to be For the Birds though--love the expressions). I'm so happy to see that others shed tears; I was telling my kids what a wimp I am crying at a cartoon! I absolutely loved this show. I would see it again in a heartbeat, I thought it was absolutely fantastic! All the Toy Story movies have been great. The Toy Story trilogy, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles and Up have been my favs.

vCash
    I also loved it! I saw it in 3D on Saturday with a friend. We're both moving away from this city in 3 months or less, leaving behind a lot of friends, so we both found it really sad. I think there is something in it that touches every adult. It's hard to move on and no one wants to be left behind or leave anyone behind, and those themes were prevalent in the movie.

The ending for me was bittersweet, but I loved it.

And I HATED Wall-E. What a load of tripe. It focused too much on the message and not enough on any coherent story. You know, one with dialogue in the first 30 minutes Toy Story 3 was the opposite. It was all about the story

Spoiler

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast