Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,000
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Any Bobek Updates?

    Does anyone know how she is making out with her trial?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Turzynbaeva is the new Gedevanishvili
    Posts
    8,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    she's taken up knitting, checkers, and other quiet pastimes.

  3. #3
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    76283
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    she's taken up knitting, checkers, and other quiet pastimes.
    You're making that up!!


  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    228
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, I'd like to know what's happening here as well. I hope she's ok.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,937
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33912
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    You're making that up!!

    True siouxdonym is making that up. She really is doing stamp collecting, learning flower arranging and studying the effects of global warming on the frog population.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

  6. #6
    Just me
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    no place special
    Posts
    6,762
    vCash
    9350
    Rep Power
    1820
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    ...and studying the effects of global warming on the frog population.
    No, it's mosquitos. She still has a little "bite" left in her.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

  7. #7
    Title-less
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    8,768
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6417
    Maybe she's looking for a new Meth-od to make money.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Alone. With my eyes open.
    Posts
    3,877
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    399
    In Nicole's case probably no news is good news.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    85
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Campbell's is announcing a reprise of their 1998 commercials featuring Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, and Nicole Bobek. This time, Michelle and Tara are visiting Nicole in prison, giving her a can of soup.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    Posts
    2,451
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bohemianrsdy View Post
    Campbell's is announcing a reprise of their 1998 commercials featuring Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, and Nicole Bobek. This time, Michelle and Tara are visiting Nicole in prison, giving her a can of soup.
    A can in the can?

    Or a can of soup with a file in it.

  11. #11
    Cruder than you thought
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    All choked up
    Posts
    19,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39146
    I'd actually be interested if anyone had real news on her situation.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Top of Utah!!
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,540
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    19192
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I'd actually be interested if anyone had real news on her situation.
    Me too...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

  13. #13
    engaged to dupa
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven for climate, Hell for company.
    Posts
    18,917
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1084
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I'd actually be interested if anyone had real news on her situation.
    I don't think there's anything new. The wheels of justice grinding slowly, I guess.
    3539 and counting.

    Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    Posts
    5,834
    vCash
    4511
    Rep Power
    9461
    For some reason I am thinking the case doesn't go to trial until the Fall? No idea why I think that, but I think until she goes to trial she's out on bail and there's pretty much nothing new until she goes to court.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Turzynbaeva is the new Gedevanishvili
    Posts
    8,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    the Rainbow State
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,345
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Maybe she's looking for a new Meth-od to make money.
    Hopefully it'll be a career off ice.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    She's become a "rehab for skaters" specialty therapist and is planning to set up her practice in Russia.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Each time I click on to this thread when there is a new post, I am hopeful that there is information re Bobek's situation. I hate to be such a downer, but I think that these sarcastic posts are hurtful. I have known people who have died from meth, who were killed during meth related transactions, and whose lives have been destroyed by meth. I have a dark sense of humor for the most part, god, so maybe there should just also be an alternative thread "Any Funny Bobek Updates?" where I know not to click on. Seriously, Nicole Bobek could have been killed by meth or the people she was around. It's not exactly a funny situation. I apologize for ruining the fun of this thread, but I for the most part wish her well, and hope she's doing what she can to turn her life around.
    Last edited by IceKween; 03-19-2010 at 09:56 PM.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,962
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7850
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Each time I click on to this thread when there is a new post, I am hopeful that there is information re Bobek's situation. I hate to be such a downer, but I think that these sarcastic posts are hurtful. I have known people who have died from meth, who were killed during meth related transactions, and whose lives have been destroyed by meth. I have a dark sense of humor for the most part, god, so maybe there should just also be an alternative thread "Any Funny Bobek Updates?" where I know not to click on. Seriously, Nicole Bobek could have been killed by meth or the people she was around. It's not exactly a funny situation. I apologize for ruining the fun of this thread, but I for the most part wish her well, and hope she's doing what she can to turn her life around.
    I agree. Not much humor to be found here, and tremendous sadness for what she seems to have gotten involved with.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    759
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    608
    I agree - don't mean to be a killjoy, but drug addiction issues aren't funny & I was hoping for some actual news updates too. I'm not even a fan or very fond of her - and I've met her - but I still wish for recovery, rehabilitation & an improved life. Her situation is just sad. I'll save the jokes for something not directed at the individual in this case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •