Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justAfsfan View Post
    Could someone please kindly upload Hanyu's program, I really really want to see it.

Is the new swan lake music suit his style?
    Unfortunately, Hanyu's performance was cut from the broadcast - so unless someone recorded it at the rink, you wont see it on YouTube. Cross your fingers because the show is usually repeated on the BS-Fuji [the satellite channel] in full. I'm waiting too, because that was my favorite program of all of them.

The music definitely suited his style - or maybe his choreographer made his moves to suit to the music. He was very balletic in this number - of course it's still rough, but by the end of the season this program should be outstanding.

Does anyone know who choreographed this? WAs it Miyamoto?

Does anyone know if there is a recording available of the music?

vCash
    Thanks for the links guys.

Love Dai's program. It just flew by and I was almost surprised when it was over. That top is a little girly though. It looks like this maternity blouse one of my cousins had.

Love Plushenko and Lambiel. Murakami was great and Suzuki's new SP is really interesting. Love her dress. Lepisto's program didn't hold my attention, but she's a quality skater of course. Pretty song.

Mao's Chopin is lovely. That lyrical style suits her so much more than the stuff she's been skating to. If she skated these types of programs competitively, I might actually start to like her skating. Love the simple dress too, esp. after the Tarasova monstrosities we've had to endure from her.

Miki looked like she was having fun, but somehow, her movements still looked a little, I don't know...restrained...to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    Laura Repist: Ex. "Jupiter" by Ayaka Hirahara
    She is Laura Lepistö (or Lepisto, if the letter 'ö' is not available), not Laura Repist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    She is Laura Lepistö (or Lepisto, if the letter 'ö' is not available), not Laura Repist.
    Thank you for having pointed out the error of spelling in my translation.
    I could correct the spelling of her name soon thanks to you.

In Japanese pronunciation, we usually pronounces "L" as same as "R", because we are not conscious of the difference of "L" and "R".
    Namely, we pronounce "Laura Lepisto" like "Raura Repisuto" in Japanese.

Therefore, many Japanese are apt to mistake it, even when writing in English.
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-28-2010 at 03:51 PM.

vCash
    Any vids of Fujisawa? I want to see her chimney sweep routine!

vCash
    My impression.
    The highlights were Tatsuki Machida and Kanako Murakami.
    Machida's "Dark Eyes" choreographed by Kenji Miyamoto has many folkdance-like movements. It's worth to watch. His jumps were perfect. I think he will get 3rd spot of national team this year.

Nanri Yasuharu was also fun to watch. I lurrrve him.

Mao and Daisuke completed "art" I think.
    Flankly I don't find anything fresh movement in Stephane's choregraphy, but Daisuke showed us new beautiful movements. I also love his costume.
    Mao was stunning, I've wanted to watch her in simple costume. It made her beautiful posture stand out.

vCash
    It is even more fun how her name is pronounced as if it is Italian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Any vids of Fujisawa? I want to see her chimney sweep routine!
    As for the TV program broadcasted in June 27th JST, the performance of Kyoko Fujisawa was not broadcasted because the broadcasting time was only one hour, including many CM. Somebody may upload it then, because it seems to be broadcasted two hours in satellite TV broadcasting in July 11th (JST).

Reference:
    The performances which was broadcasted on TV in June 27th JST.
    Akiko Suzuki: SP "Jealousy"
    Kanako Murakami: Ex. "Be Italian"
    Narumi Takahashi & Mervin Tran: SP "Feeling Good"
    Stephane Lambiel: Ex. "Ray"
    Laura Lepisto: Ex. "Jupiter" by Ayaka Hirahara
    Miki Ando: Ex. "Comin' Home Baby"
    Evgeni Plushenko: Ex. "Malade"
    Daisuke Takahashi: Ex. "Amelie"
    Mao Asada: Ex. "Ballade No.1 in M miner, Op.23"

The players which was not broadcasted in June 27th JST.
    Takahiko Kozuka
    Fumie Suguri
    Cathy Reed & Chris Reed
    Yasuharu Nanri
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    Shoma Uno
    Kyoko Fujisawa
    Kento Nakamura
    Haruka Imai
    Tatsuki Machida
    Jingu Ice Messangers (Synchoro team)
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-28-2010 at 11:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    OMG This program gives me chills!! Akiko is like the most expressive Japanese female skater ever. I am all over the way she uses her upper body and her hands. I'm so glad she's not retiring - I want to see her win a world medal before she does. What an incredible performer: maturity, elegance, passion and musicality.
    Last edited by shine; 06-29-2010 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    Lambiel himself was also great! He should skate (exhibitions) years and years more!
    ITA! He knows how to move to jazz music. I never thought I'd see a cartwheel in a program. And I loved that funky toe loop he did where he brought his knees and arms up. It's great when skaters take advantage of the absence of the COP in their programs and come up with interesting skating moves.

The Amelie program is beautiful. I hope Dai continues to skate that exhibition. I can't wait to see the short program Stephane choreographed for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayanon View Post
    My impression.

Flankly I don't find anything fresh movement in Stephane's choregraphy, but Daisuke showed us new beautiful movements. I also love his costume.
    Ha ha! I don't think Daisuke's movements were new. . . We've seen them lots of times from Stephane Lambiel! It was almost spooky seeing him skate so much like Lambiel. Speaking of whom, I actually thought Stephane's program was new and fresh. He was very expressive and he also did some things I'd never seen him do before, like the opposite direction axel and the bent leg double toeloop.
    Last edited by Doubletoe; 06-29-2010 at 01:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    The Amelie program is beautiful. I hope Dai continues to skate that exhibition. I can't wait to see the short program Stephane choreographed for him.
    I think that was his SP - or an early version at least. From Japanese sites they are saying Daisuke had 3 SPs choreographed for himself. Two from Lambiel and one from Shae-Lyn Bourne [???] I'm not sure if this is right, but that's what they are saying.

I thought the announcer at the rink introduced Daiskuke by saying this was his new SP [but I could be wrong].

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I think that was his SP - or an early version at least. From Japanese sites they are saying Daisuke had 3 SPs choreographed for himself. Two from Lambiel and one from Shae-Lyn Bourne [???] I'm not sure if this is right, but that's what they are saying.

I thought the announcer at the rink introduced Daiskuke by saying this was his new SP [but I could be wrong].
    This was Daisuke's new EX program. Stephane had given him two music choices, and Daisuke picked one for his SP, and they used the other one (Amelie) for his EX since they finished his SP just in one week and they had extra time to make another program (EX).

Dai will work with Shae-Lynn to make his 2nd SP program later.

vCash
    Well thanks for clearing that up! It was an amazing program in any case, and he performed it really well for it being so early in the season.

vCash
    Suzuki was wonderfully musical.

I had forgotton how light and free Asada could skate until I saw this. Beautiful arms. Being away from TAT is good for her.

Ando is a much better show skater than a competitive skater. At least her show outfits are :smoking:

vCash
    [QUOTE=Marco;2803635]
    I had forgotton how light and free Asada could skate until I saw this. Beautiful arms. Being away from TAT is good for her.QUOTE]

Well, actually TAT choreographed the Ballade. So TAT can, sometimes, be just wonderful.
    Mao... I have tears in my eyes. Great piece of music and great skater, in perfect harmony.
    Why, why are her Exhibitions so much better than her competitive programs? On the one hand, I respect that. On the other, it seems a shame...
    But no matter, her Ballade is glorious.

vCash
    Isn't Tarasova a lot about Dramatic Free skates? Over and over you see that her competitive free skates are major drama.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrhA...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMeRp...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yecsM...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vDB...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--G7D...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOIAj...layer_embedded

I hear that after the show in June 27th (JST), the fan meeting with players who wore "Yukata" or "Japanese traditional casual wear in summer" was held in Shin-Yokohama Skate Center.
    I hear that the meeting was held in a banquet hall in Shin-Yokohama Prince Hotel and Plushenko, Lambiel, Lepisto, Cathy and Chris participated, answered to various questions, shook hands with lottery winner in fans and took photo together.
    Plushenko and Lambiel seem to have danced with an ad-lib movement to the back ground music of the time for shaking hands with fans.

Shin-Yokohama Skate Center is the facility of Shin-Yokohma Prince Hotel, but it seems to take about 7 minutes to walk from the rink to the hotel
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 06-29-2010 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    I was there to watch the skaters live, and was so taken away by Daisuke, Mao, Akiko, and Kanako. When Mao just about finished her Ballade the rows behind me were nearly quiet as though you could hear a pindrop, and after that storms of applause. It was a treat for me.
    Akiko really transformed herself in her program, great expression, and that dress looked lovely. One of my favourite performances of the night.

vCash
    Well, actually TAT choreographed the Ballade. So TAT can, sometimes, be just wonderful.
    It's probably just the burden being off her shoulders then

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast