Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Having just seen the broadcast - I realize I forgot some skaters. Kaneko Murakami has really grown [gotten a lot taller] - so has Hanyu. She did a really lively number to Be Italian from Nine. Live she has a lot more charisma than comes across on TV - I really liked it.

Akiko is doing a tango again as her new SP. This time to Jealousy [my favorite tango music]. It doesnt look as good right now as Libertango, but I think by the end of the season it will be just as good if not better.

Fumie was there too and did her Arabian Dance number. I remember seeing this before, so I think it's her ex from last season.

Miki must have had 2 numbers, because the one of TV [black jacket, hat and shorts] was not the one I saw. Mine was a love song - slower - and in a beautiful white evening kind of dress - soft, feminine and lovely. All the others had the same number that I saw.

Plushenko had a backstage interview where he said his dream was to compete at Sochi, but he'll be 31 then and he realizes that is old for skating - esp men's skating. So he will see how it goes. Hopefully he will stay healthy and that is his goal - to be able to skate in his 4th Olympics - and of course at home. He seemed to be quite realistic about it - I hope he succeeds.

Unfortunately they cut Hanyu - my favorite program! If they follow past practice, Fuji will show it again uncut in a week or 2 on their BS channel, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to see it again.

vCash
    Just saw Mao's new exhibition!

Exquisite program. Amazingly beautiful music.
    Thank you Mao! Thank you !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombardia412 View Post
    Just saw Mao's new exhibition!

Exquisite program. Amazingly beautiful music.
    Thank you Mao! Thank you !
    I agree. I wish she'd develop this into a LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I agree. I wish she'd develop this into a LP.
    Me too. I'm looking forward to Libestraum, but I think the intensity of this Chopin music would make for a more effective LP.
    Last edited by jenny12; 06-27-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    MES-ME-RI-ZING!!!

vCash
    Despite the jump mistakes (expected since she's reworking on her jumps) Mao's skating is beautiful! love this program!

And it's so nice to see Miki skating happily.

vCash
    Thank you. My neck started hurting after I finished watching Daisuke snap his head back so much. That program was replete of Lambielisms. Which isn't bad, but wished he brought out a lil more of Dai's style in the program as well. Did Lambiel help dress him too?!

Mao's program- beautiful. Loved how she skated out of the back scratch spin straight into choreography instead of just using it as an end pose. Liked the charlotte a lot. It would look even better if she pulled her body in more towards her leg.

Youtube blocked the audio on Miki's ex

vCash
    If Plushenko wants to skate in Sochi what is the best way to do it? To compete once a year or something at Cup of Russia or Russian nationals or just save yourself until that Olympic season? Because previous 30 or 31 year olds like Stojko and Eldredge competed throughout the whole quadrennial!!

vCash
    Plushenko should definitely not "save himself" to compete until the Olympic season. Had he competed earlier he would have worked out the kinks & could of been less sloppy in the in-betweens of his free skate to beat Lysacek.

The thing with Plushy is he already has had a few surgeries on his knees. So there's obviously a wear factor. It's all about preserving his body the best he can and also remaining even-keeled enough so that he won't suffer from burn out when Sochi does come around. Did he even officially say he's gonna stick around til then? And competing at nationals or europeans alone would present him only a portion of the spectrum of the skating world. I think the best bet for him is to enter in the GP series so he can get used to competing against skaters from all over the world.

Vacant
    vCash
    Thank you for the links. Mao's new exhibition is truly beautiful. So much to love about this program and I can't wait to see how it develops this season.

vCash
    I'm dissapointed with Mao's program. I was really waiting to see it because I love her exhibitions but it was kind of boring. Great moves and skating though, this could be easily made into competitive program. Then get some original and interesting exhibition, please.

Daisuke's program interesting with a lot of potential to improve.

Is there a video of Miki with sound? Looks like fun program and she is really happy with it.

vCash
    Mao's exhibition is stunning. Love the music, love the dress and love the skating.

vCash
    I want to see Hanyu program!!!!Is it the same exhibition I saw him doing at Junior Worlds?

vCash

vCash
    HD quality of Daisuke Takahashi's program + interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gfx2bDk2Xg

Can someone translate what he is saying?
    Thank you in advance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I want to see Hanyu program!!!!Is it the same exhibition I saw him doing at Junior Worlds?
    He showed his new SP (EX version) "Swan Lake". Opening jump was 4T, it was not successful, but his expression was so great. It is going to be a really great piece by NHK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post
    HD quality of Daisuke Takahashi's program + interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gfx2bDk2Xg

Can someone translate what he is saying?
    Thank you in advance.
    Q:How was the ice of DOI, first in two years?

D: Well, yesterday... ah, today, I was very nervous while skating. Movements are slow, so I could feel how nervous I was. Anyway, I enjoyed my performance. Stephane choreographed the program, so he always came to the rink side to watch my performance. It makes me even more nervous!

Q: You became a World Champion last season. How about next season?

D: Well, next World Championships are to be held in Tokyo. It means lot to me. I think this is the only chance for me to win the second consecutive World Championship title. I really want to stick it out to the end.

vCash
    coop, thank you!

This
    Stephane choreographed the program, so he always came to the rink side to watch my performance. It makes me even more nervous!
    and this

I felt high heartbeats for my friend Daisuke, considering he showed the exhibition program I just choreographed for him a week ago… you can’t imagine how nervous I was!
    make me think, that although me and other Stephane's fans secretly hope to see him with his students at the competitions, probably this is not such a good idea after all.
    Last edited by reut; 06-27-2010 at 01:47 PM.

vCash
    Mao's Chopin Ballade No.1+Interview in HD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUjdS7knpqU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Miki must have had 2 numbers, because the one of TV [black jacket, hat and shorts] was not the one I saw. Mine was a love song - slower - and in a beautiful white evening kind of dress - soft, feminine and lovely. All the others had the same number that I saw.
    What music did Miki skate to in the white dress? I'm so curious!

It was said at Miki's fan forum that Miki skated to Concierto de Aranjuez in the last show!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast