Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned Member
    vCash
    Ovarian cysts can be very painful when the rupture. A friend's 15 year old daughter had this happen last summer, my SIL (38) had this happen too last summer.

Sounds like you have some things that need to watch and be dilligent with your exams!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothlorien View Post

On that note, do fibroids get it the way of one's sex life?
    If it was a good day then no they didn't bother our sex life. If it was a bad day, well sex isn't so fun when you're in pain and certain positions hurt worse than others too. So, yes and no.
    Have you hugged your kids and told them you love them today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    I have nothing really to contribute in terms of fibroids, but I always think it's a good sign when things aren't done pronto. If it's really serious it's amazing how quickly the medical system can work
    Good point.

On a more cheerful note, I made use of one of the pile of referrals my GP has written and saw a dermatologist today for a long overdue skin screen. He was somewhat bewildered seeing the quantity of moles I have, but there is nothing he wants out. A few are to be monitored, but I already knew that.

I was impressed - he did a very thorough screen, which included my scalp and the soles of my feet and he was a very nice, helpful and informative doctor as well. Makes me think I've lucked out with the GP - she'd said that the dermatologist was nice and he is - so now I can have some certainty that the gynecologist will be as nice a person as she said he is.

Also, another GP I saw sometime ago and never went back to refused to send me for a skin screen, saying it wasn't necessary. And I'm someone with a fairly high melanoma risk, residing in Australia.

vCash
    Lothlorien, you mentioned that you went to your GP. Have you been to a gynecologist? If not, that is what I'd do. Get your ultrasound results and any other test results and go to a gyn. Not only would a gyn be more knowledgeable about female anatomy and problems, but a 2nd opinion is always good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123