Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Or what if everyone had skated their best. I would say if everyone in Vancouver had skated to their optimum the results probably would have been:

Gold- Takahashi
    Silver- Lambiel
    Bronze- Plushenko
    4th- Lysacek
    5th- Chan

Though really the results in that case should have been:

Gold- Takahashi
    Silver- Abbott
    Bronze- Lambiel or Oda (no 3ax or x-3 combo for Lambiel, no 4t for Oda)

I dont see Abbott or Oda getting the scores from the judges no matter how well they skated, though if everyone else remained the same one might have gotten the bronze if they skated lights out but that is definitely the max. I just dont think they were seen as frontrunners of the event, and their federations were pushing for Evan and Tak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Oda always seems to peak too early, every season, and by the time Worlds/Olympics rolls around the tank is empty, he has nothing more to give. He'd do well to pace himself to peak later in the season.

Maybe winning the GPs is a bit of a curse for him - he feels pressure to duplicate the early season successes and just can't. quite. do. it.

I remember that - such a shame
    Not saying I agree or disagree about Oda but I would say this described Daisuke perfectly prior to his injury. Takahashi had everything, except the ability to come through in the biggest competitions. Perhaps the difficult fight to get back in the game made the difference there, or maybe just maturity. So if you feel this way, don't give up on Oda - he may yet find his way too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12