Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    I didn't mention Robert because he got almost no pre-competition exposure. So, I was talking about the producers' and judges' plans for the dancers, not necessarily my own views. I'd definitely take Robert over Kent. And ITA about their plans for Anthony. They're saving him for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post

Spoiler

Spoiler

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I didn't mention Robert because he got almost no pre-competition exposure. So, I was talking about the producers' and judges' plans for the dancers, not necessarily my own views. I'd definitely take Robert over Kent. And ITA about their plans for Anthony. They're saving him for next season.
    That would be ok with me. I heart Anthony in a big way.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Robert is the Jeanine of this season IMO. The producers largely hid them from view and then out of the gate, they are going to blow the judges and viewers away week after week. If there is going to be a spoiler to Alex or Billy (who IMO are the Pre-Show favorites), I think it will be Robert.

Interesting note, Robert has the support of the SYTYCD Contemporary Alum. Jaimie Goodwin, Jakob Karr, Nick Lazzarini, among others are all campaigning for him via Twitter.

Alex and Robert are my top two favorites, followed by Billy and Kent. I'll be sad if the Top 4 aren't these 4. I could sacrifice Kent for Lauren or Cristina though.

Alex + Allison= Magic. Without question the highest quality performance from a technical and equality of the levels in 7 seasons. Not the best choreography (which i don't think is what the judges were referring to), but definitely the best execution of a piece of choreography.

Cristina is a sentimental favorite since she takes Modern and Contemporary dance at the same studio I do.

Adechike should have been sent home last week. I don't blame the choreography for his lack of POW at all. He didn't bring any of that to life and what he had was danced rather sloppily. It was his fault, not Travis's, that he got overshadowed by Kathryn.

I agree there are going to be problems with the All-Star format overshadowing the dancers. But I also think on the flip side, it's going to force the dancers to step up their technical level and performance level to NOT get overshadowed by the All-Star, which is exactly what we saw from Alex last week. I hope the trend is going to be more classic type performances ala Alex and Allison, and not the dancers trying to slide by on the power of the All Star, ala AdeChike.

at Tessie finally being on SYTYCD!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Lord Cirque and I totally agree!

I LOVE Cristina! I was shocked she was bottom 3. I'd have had Ashley there instead. Hmm..think I said that before. Sorry.

vCash
    LC, I had meant to ask you about Tessandra! I know you know her so I expect lots of additional info on the show (via PM, of course!).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post

I LOVE Cristina! I was shocked she was bottom 3. I'd have had Ashley there instead. Hmm..think I said that before. Sorry.
    She was in the bottom three because she dances clunky. She won't last three weeks. Ugh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post

I also love Cristina. She's a great performer and I hope she get's Pasha this week and something possibly resembling a Salsa so she can really show what she's best at.

ETA: Updated spoilers from SYTYCDism...

Spoiler

vCash
    Deleted - sorry - I am still too out of teknik to be able to do spoilers so I will hold my thoughts until after the show.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Just type [ spoiler]insert text here[ /spoiler] but remove the spaces within the brackets.

Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Welcome back LC and I totally agree with you too.

Spoiler

I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I hope Cristina stays for a number of reasons. I don't think she's the greatest dancer they've ever had on the show....but I do think they're really heavy towards the contemporary folks at the expense of ballroom this year. Heck-ballroom hasn't had a heyday in a few seasons now for whatever reason. I think Cristina has a lovely vivaciousness, and I thought she did a great job with her "snake dance." Which was outside her genre, although I'm sure she's well cross-trained. I doubt she'll be around long, but I think I'll throw her a few votes anyway. Lauren is the only girl who's even close to being in the same league with most of the guys, but even she isn't what I'd term a "star."

I can't watch tonight-I'll be traveling. I've got all the phone numbers on a post-it note, so when time comes, I'll just vote for Robert a bunch and some of the others a little. Regardless of how they do tonight. I guess my first glimpse of how things went will be when I get online tomorrow morning at home on my own computer and read reports from my FSU friends!

vCash
    Rob,

Spoiler

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    So are we going to start a new thread for tonight's episode?

We had one long thread for the auditions, and since this one is titled "The Competition Begins," it could get insanely long....
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Your wish is my command. Mods, please close this one.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011