Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Which current US Ladies can do 3axel?

And no, Kimmie Meissner doesn't count as being able to do one anymore based on something she did 5 years ago. Unless she's been seen doing it in practice recently...

I think any US lady that can land a clean 3axel and get a pretty good score at a summer comp should definitely get the Skate America spot...we'll see if it happens!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    wasnt Bulanhagui doing one? not sure how fully rotated it was
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    The one Meissner has done ages ago was definitely over 1/4 cheated.

Wasn't Flatt working on it? (I guess everyone is working on it )

vCash
    Wasn't Mirai trying one in practice a couple of years ago?

vCash
    Nagasu has done it in the past. There's a YouTube video of her doing one...good attempt, though it was UR. Czisny worked on them during the 2005-06 season too.

Zawadzki is practicing them now too, and I actually think she *may* be successful, as her 2A is pretty huge/easy looking.

vCash
    How about we open this discussion to "which current Ladies skater can do the 3Axel?"
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Czisny worked on them during the 2005-06 season too.
    I read in an interview that she stopped training them because it wasn't worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Zawadzki is practicing them now too, and I actually think she *may* be successful, as her 2A is pretty huge/easy looking.
    Oh, how nice! Agnes is such a talented skater and I hope she lands one someday!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    How about we open this discussion to "which current Ladies skater can do the 3Axel?"
    Unless there is someone who is totally off the radar landing them me thinks the answer to that question is "none of them."
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    wasnt Bulanhagui doing one? not sure how fully rotated it was
    Melissa Bulanhagui has gone for the 3A at the Liberty Summer Competition for the past two years. She attempted a 3A+2T combination in her Senior SP last year (rotation looked pretty good in real time) but the Axel was downgraded. Her solo 3A attempt was downgraded in her Junior qualifying FS in 2008. AFAIK, she hasn't tried it in other competitions (such as Nationals).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Unless there is someone who is totally off the radar landing them me thinks the answer to that question is "none of them."
    Well, there's Mao Asada. Despite UR or pre-rotation problems fans talk about, she has her's ratified on a pretty consistent basis.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    It's not a particular good vid, but Melissa does her 3a2t in the SP at Liberty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVNW8hA-R8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Wowza , that was pretty darn good . I've decided I like this Melissa girl. With the new rule on downgrades she should continue to attempt the jump, that 3a def did not look more than 1/2 turn cheated.

vCash
    Oh and she isn't american but Liza Tuktamysheva does 3a, she reportedly landed one cleanly in the warmup at the last Russian Cup event this season, though she popped the jump in her actual program. I know she's 13 and itty bitty, but this girl is scary good.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post

Pretty good. The combo was successful, if not ratifiable.

Here body type is one that would not suggest that she can do a beillmann position, but she does.

Her spins are fast.

She skates with a lot of speed.

I am very impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Well, there's Mao Asada. Despite UR or pre-rotation problems fans talk about, she has her's ratified on a pretty consistent basis.
    Mao's not a US lady.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Mao's not a US lady.
    Which is why I said maybe we should just open it up to any lady who can do the 3Axel. You quoted me, so I was assuming your post was an answer to that statement.

vCash
    Unlike Mirai, Rachael may be able to pull off a 3A similar to Mao's because I think she is capable of handling pre-rotation a little better. Keeping it as small as possible by means of pre-rotation can help landing while under-rotating, as well. Rachael, I think, should be more motivated about it as it is a game changer for her. A bit better conditioning may be necessary, though.

I know how it sounds. Albeit speaking only theoretically at this point....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by key65man View Post
    Unlike Mirai, Rachael may be able to pull off a 3A similar to Mao's because I think she is capable of handling pre-rotation a little better. Keeping it as small as possible by means of pre-rotation can help landing while under-rotating, as well. Rachael, I think, should be more motivated about it as it is a game changer for her. A bit better conditioning may be necessary, though.

I know how it sounds. Albeit speaking only theoretically at this point....
    You may be right. Rachael also rotates incredibly fast, which may also help.

vCash
    I think Flatt is capable of that, I know she's been working on it.

I would also put my money on Zawadzki getting it eventually.

vCash
    they really need a 3 A? I wish the US ladies put some more effort on creating more unique coreography and finding some more cool music and costumes, they are so zzzzz nowdays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast