vCash

The new Twilight novella...

Hello all. I think I've figured out that many people on here hate the Twilight books and think Steph Meyer's writing belongs on bathroom walls or something, but just in case...

Just wondering if anyone has read the new novella, the companion to the Twilight series. It's called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner and focuses on the young vampire destroyed by the Volturi at the end of Eclipse.

I bought it, I read it, I wasn't particularly impressed. But $1 of the price of all first editions goes to American Red Cross, so hey, I guess I did a tiny good deed.

Anyone else?

vCash
    I read it and liked it, but then I have enjoyed the rest of the series. It was interesting to see things through Bree's eyes, even if it made for a very sad ending, as anyone who has read Eclipse knows to expect. It also made me realize some of what is wrong with the first person narrative in my own novel, so that was good, too.

vCash
    I tried to read it and was bored half to death. Finally skipped to the end (which isn't easy with an e-book on a website where you can only turn one page at a time).

I like this version, though.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Banned Member
    vCash
    I have read all 4 Twilight books, not a big fan of Vampires so its the only books in that genre I have read. By the 4th book I was laughing my ass off, so ridiculous.

From what I understand her adult foray, The Host, is really bad. I can't imagine reading another Stephanie Meyer book.

But she is HOT and so her work no matter what its like will sell well! Ah, the American dream!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Thanks for the link, Wyliefan! I read it and it was wonderfully snarky! You know, when I first read the Twilight books, I thought "What is everybody nagging about? These books aren't THAT bad." Now looking back, I can she writes like a high school girl. But I guess that's the audience she was aiming for anyway, so it's no big deal.

I'll continue to re-read them occasionally anyway, because I am not what you might call a deep literary thinker. I'd even go so far as to say I hope she finishes Midnight Sun someday.

Ta Ta!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    I tried to read it and was bored half to death. Finally skipped to the end (which isn't easy with an e-book on a website where you can only turn one page at a time).

I like this version, though.
    Cleolinda is the (only) reason I read the Twilight novels, her recaps are hilarious. I could barely restrain myself from yelling "FURSPLOSION" when some friends dragged me to see New Moon. There's also her take on Midnight Sun, the half-written Twilight from Edward's perspective. Amazing.