Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Because their jobs are acting and singing (for the most part), so when that's done for the day over, so is their job.
    OTOH, I'm pretty sure that actors, singers, etc. who dress up and go to red carpet events are not going there hoping that no one notices them and no one takes their picture.

Publicizing yourself through non-singing, non-dancing, non-whatever activities is part of the job in that it gets you noticed, so the public might be more likely to pay attention to your main work.

But of course that doesn't excuse photographers sticking cameras up your dress, as Prancer so eloquently put it.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    OTOH, I'm pretty sure that actors, singers, etc. who dress up and go to red carpet events are not going there hoping that no one notices them and no one takes their picture.

Publicizing yourself through non-singing, non-dancing, non-whatever activities is part of the job in that it gets you noticed, so the public might be more likely to pay attention to your main work.

But of course that doesn't excuse photographers sticking cameras up your dress, as Prancer so eloquently put it.
    Going to those events is publicising themselves for their work. It's part of their job. Going down to the beach with their family is not. Again, I don't think they should be fair game when they're not working. I think it should be okay for them to want to be in their line of work and want privacy outside of work.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    And if you don't want your coochie to be shown to the general public then uhhmmmmm WEAR SOME UNDERWEAR MAYBE?
    Uhhmmm- it's called "under"wear. I think anyone, celebrity or not, has a right to expect that people NOT try to peek at their underwear. It is common decency and good manners. A boy who took a picture on the stairs at his school and posted a picture of a girls pixellated crotch would be expelled.

Perez has the right to be as disgusting as he wants to be. He can make up any gossip he wants and deface all the pictures he wants- of adults. I've only seen his stuff as re-posts or accidental clicks, and I hope that eventually he alienates all those who still visit his site, so that he just fades away.

But Perez does not have the right to sexualize children. Pixellating Miley's crotch and drawing semen on Sanjaya's face (also underage) should both have made him an internet pariah. I wish someone would charge him.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    He's at it again: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Perez-Hi...y-1019801.aspx

The tweet: http://twitter.com/PerezHilton/status/16703624639

Famewhoring can be so unattractive.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Yup. I think he's pretty phony. And even though he has lost a lot of weight and stopped dyeing his hair in those shitastic colors, he still is gross-looking.
    Not so quick:

perezhilton.com/2010-06-21-pandamonium

It was just about a year ago that he got knocked the eff out. Wish it would happen again soon. Actually, more than anything, I wish he would be busted for DUI or drugs. He is probably careful and may not even do drugs but if he does then he deserves to be caught soon, he rags so many people for DUI and drugs. I know, I know, you shouldn't really applaud a DUI but people make mistakes, instead of hoping they learn he posts horrible mugshots and draws semen on their face and hopes they rot in jail. It is only fair if I can wish the same for him.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Not so quick:

It was just about a year ago that he got knocked the eff out. Wish it would happen again soon. Actually, more than anything, I wish he would be busted for DUI or drugs. He is probably careful and may not even do drugs but if he does then he deserves to be caught soon, he rags so many people for DUI and drugs. I know, I know, you shouldn't really applaud a DUI but people make mistakes, instead of hoping they learn he posts horrible mugshots and draws semen on their face and hopes they rot in jail. It is only fair if I can wish the same for him.
    Ok, he's still doing it, and still disgusting-looking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Not so quick:

No one deserves to be "knocked" out. When he draws on the photos it's just supposed to be funny. I don't find it funny but some do, it's not meant to be taken so seriously. He's just a blogger.

vCash
    I think he deserves to be knocked out, I really do. I understand if you think that is wrong but I feel very strongly about what a schmuck he is and I don't think a little physical violence against Perez Hilton would be such a horrible thing, he would rather deserve it, IMO.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Syndicated tv and cable news channels show celebrities as well as ordinary folks when they get DUIs etc. as well. I know it's not on the same level as perez and tmz but it's still done for the same types of reasons so why no anger at them? Just cuz they don't draw stupid little images on the pics?
    Last edited by DickButtonFan; 06-22-2010 at 02:59 AM.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    I edited the links. If you link to his website, etc. can you please not post http:// part so it's not a hyperlink. The link will still be there, and people can copy & past it and go to the website. He just won't get hits from FSU this way.

vCash
    It is one thing to REPORT on a celebrity who has received a DUI but it is another to make fun of them and wish them long jail sentences and post about it constantly for days. He is not a reporter, he is a bully, big difference.

Thanks Windspirit, I did not know about that but it makes sense. I had not gone to his site for a very long time but have recently been when I find a link and I found that picture online and posted the link, didn't think about it being to his site.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    No one deserves to be "knocked" out. When he draws on the photos it's just supposed to be funny. I don't find it funny but some do, it's not meant to be taken so seriously. He's just a blogger.
    LOL Music videos "offend" you but this creep doesn't. Shouldn't you be more consistent with your outrage?

Just cuz they don't draw stupid little images on the pics?
    SEMEN. He draws dripping semen on their faces. That's the point. You can't be taken seriously when you do shit like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    LOL Music videos "offend" you but this creep doesn't. Shouldn't you be more consistent with your outrage?

SEMEN. He draws dripping semen on their faces. That's the point. You can't be taken seriously when you do shit like that.
    He DOES offend me but just because I'm offended by someone doesn't mean it's ok to wish ill on that person or hatred.

vCash
    He draws dripping semen on their faces. That's the point. You can't be taken seriously when you do shit like that.
    I thought the reason behind that and whatever other things he does to pics is because if he publishes them unaltered, it's a copyright violation. But if adds something to it (however small or stupid), it can be labeled parody and therefore not a copyright infringement.

That's how he is able to use pics from different sites without having to pay for them.

vCash
    He DOES offend me but just because I'm offended by someone doesn't mean it's ok to wish ill on that person or hatred.
    He spreads and spews hatred himself. He backs people into a corner and causes them great suffering. He demeans people. And he's making money doing all that. I have no problem wishing him whatever he gives to others. It's only fair that he gets it.

Btw, I don't think he offends you. You said his drawing dripping semen on people faces was supposed to be funny and was not meant to be taken seriously. Obviously you don't see it as demeaning even when he does it to minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I thought the reason behind that and whatever other things he does to pics is because if he publishes them unaltered, it's a copyright violation. But if adds something to it (however small or stupid), it can be labeled parody and therefore not a copyright infringement.

That's how he is able to use pics from different sites without having to pay for them.
    I'm not sure if this is the case any more. I think, but am not sure, that he does have to pay for images unless he gets them from some place and links directly to them or something? Not sure but I think this was an issue that came up when he became really popular and it didn't go so well for him. I could be wrong on that.
    -Brian

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    If you consider that "pole dancing," well, okay; it sure didn't look like pole dancing to me. And if you consider that outfit terribly scandalous, I suggest you stay away from your local high school.
    Or a local dance competition.

But I do think she was trying to suggest a pole dance. It mostly doesn't succeed just because she's such a sucky dancer, but I am sure her intent was to titillate and make people think of pole dancing.

Miley and dad have already said they aren't going to sue him; Miley basically rolled her eyes over the whole thing, called Perez an idiot and said she didn't want to think about it any more.
    Then she has more sense than I gave her credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I had managed to never hear that song. But now you made me watch the video.

I hate you.
    Me too.

And I still don't get it. How does she have so many fans? That performance was *horrible*.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    He spreads and spews hatred himself. He backs people into a corner and causes them great suffering. He demeans people. And he's making money doing all that. I have no problem wishing him whatever he gives to others. It's only fair that he gets it.

Btw, I don't think he offends you. You said his drawing dripping semen on people faces was supposed to be funny and was not meant to be taken seriously. Obviously you don't see it as demeaning even when he does it to minors.
    I said that I don't find it funny. I meant it shouldn't be taken so seriously that you would want him "knocked out" or something like it, because of that. I didn't know he did that to minors but still wishing violence against another is wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. Why not just wish his site fails or jail time if he has broken the law is that not enough. (And this opinion is not on the Miley pic because I don't know what the evidence is)
    Last edited by DickButtonFan; 06-22-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    And I still don't get it. How does she have so many fans? That performance was *horrible*.
    Miley on her live singing: http://tv.gawker.com/5567062/miley-c...oesnt-lip-sync
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Hmm. If she doesn't lip-sync then she must be the most amazing live performer ever. Because I saw part of her concert show on ABC this past weekend, and she managed to sing with exactly the same tone, intonation and breath control while jogging up and down, doing back bends and lunges, or holding the microphone somewhere around her cheekbone. She even sang one line of a song with absolutely no change in volume when she held the microphone above her head.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast