Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why is he hated that much then?
    Just few things among many others:

- HYPOCRISY (and that's a big one). Will post trash about some people repeatedly, but won't touch a few like Paris Hilton. Has been called out on it many times, but ignored it. But he does claim he's fair to everyone.

- Viciousness. He doesn't get the concept of enough is enough. No mercy if he chooses his target. If your own readers are pleading with you to be human...:

Perez, I was a big fan of yours, but I swear, if you continue this hateful, mean-spirited angle to your work, I'm totally gonna blackball you. Be human bro.
    -------------
    Perez if you think this kind of lynching makes you some sort of gossip god...you're wrong. It makes you a creep that celebs will avoid.
    - Outing people and trying to justify it. Some people will come out on their own when they know he's planning to out them. Case in point, Lance Bass. Perez of course took credit for it. "It was good for him". Coming out is good, but on one's own terms. Lance wasn't so happy to be pushed.

- Thinking he helps the gay movement. See the point above.

- Drawing semen on people's faces. He cannot be expected to be taken seriously if he does shit like that. Period.

- He is a disgusting pig. Inside and outside.

vCash
    Thanks.

I can totally see the first two points you mentioned, I remember that from when I was still reading his website.

Well I see "show business" as such a total cesspool that I believe that celebrities deserve everything they get and I don't have any such reservations, though.

Get a real job! ;P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I
    Here's the whole performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUr2ggLlhI
    I had managed to never hear that song. But now you made me watch the video.

I hate you.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Well I see "show business" as such a total cesspool that I believe that celebrities deserve everything they get and I don't have any such reservations, though.
    Really? Then you're worse than Perez, he at least stops at bodily harm. Maybe because he could never win.

vCash

Get a real job! ;P
    You know, I understand that point about celebrities who really have no talent and live solely off their image.

However, many actors/performers are tabloid fodder just because of their popularity as opposed to them actively seeking out to have their privacy encroached by paparazzi and gossip columnists who go beyond curiosity, snarkiness and get into malicious territory.

As for the "get a real job" point goes, well, many celebrities do have real jobs and clock in long hours on sets/rehearsals/etc. to do their job and in order to do their job, many of those celebrities have to put in an exerting amount of mental and physical work. I once watched an interview with Maggie Smith where she said people have an idea of acting that it's all glamor and easy work when it's really exhausting and requires and an amazing amount of discipline.

I'm not going to compare say...the likes of Kim Kardashian and Heidi Montag to that of a Maggie Smith who cares about her craft nor am I saying that people who make their money and fame out of such exposure shouldn't also be exposed to the negative side of it since it is a double-edged sword. However, at the same time, I find a lot of the negative attitudes towards celebrities (which everyone can be guilty of at some point(s) of their lives) can go so overboard that people are willing to excuse all kinds of extreme negative attention and behavior by the "press." No matter how damaging it is to the subject. Just because we figure Hollywood is a "cesspool" we feel they deserve whatever they get, right?
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 06-21-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yes, pole dancing, really. Even if she wasn't hanging upside down on it, she's dancing on top of a "Miley's Ice Cream" cart around a pole. What else is it supposed to be taken as?
    As someone riding around on stage on an ice cream cart, holding on to a pole because otherwise she would fall off? She wasn't dancing. At one point, she bent her knees. Otherwise, she was just standing there, holding on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    And since when is questioning something getting hysterical?
    When it is an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I had managed to never hear that song. But now you made me watch the video.

I hate you.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    For the the reasons mentioned by WindSpirit, I think that Perez is vile. And I don't think most of his targets deserve it or have asked for it.

As for Miley, I'm guessing that more men find her "Can't Tame Me" video to be more of a turn on than the photo Perez linked to on his site. That still doesn't make it right for him to do that. Even if Miley is taking the not ucommon route of Disney girls to go very sexual to try to transition to adult pop star, that still doesn't mean it's okay for Perez to do what he did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    Really? Then you're worse than Perez, he at least stops at bodily harm. Maybe because he could never win.
    I didn't mean everything literally but in the "tabloid banter" sense.

And if you don't want your coochie to be shown to the general public then uhhmmmmm WEAR SOME UNDERWEAR MAYBE?

VIETgrlTerifa - you are of course right.

But the vast majority of Perez's posts are about people like Miley Cyrus and the reality circuit freaks. It's not like he discusses serious artists because that's not what his target audience is interested in.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    And if you don't want your coochie to be shown to the general public then uhhmmmmm WEAR SOME UNDERWEAR MAYBE?
    MILEY WAS WEARING UNDERWEAR. Perez posted a link to a picture of her with the crotch pixilated and a warning attached, which made people THINK she wasn't wearing underwear, even though you can clearly see that she was in other pictures taken at the same time. He posted the link on Twitter, not his web site.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    As for Miley, I'm guessing that more men find her "Can't Tame Me" video to be more of a turn on than the photo Perez linked to on his site. That still doesn't make it right for him to do that. Even if Miley is taking the not ucommon route of Disney girls to go very sexual to try to transition to adult pop star, that still doesn't mean it's okay for Perez to do what he did.
    Exactly. I just watched Miley's performance from Much Music, where she swayed her hips and thrusted while wearing a black leather-mesh bikini top and short shorts. I think it's completely (especially since the song was supposed to be fun and not sexy) but it's no excuse at all for Perez to do that.

vCash
    MILEY WAS WEARING UNDERWEAR. Perez posted a link to a picture of her with the crotch pixilated and a warning attached, which made people THINK she wasn't wearing underwear, even though you can clearly see that she was in other pictures taken at the same time. He posted the link on Twitter, not his web site.
    I know. Sorry, I was making a general point about such photos being shown at all, since a lot of people have raised their objections.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I know. Sorry, I was making a general point about such photos being shown at all, since a lot of people have raised their objections.
    Sorry, but I think it's completely invasive. It's one thing to pose for Penthouse; it's another thing to be minding your own business and have someone stick a camera up your dress.

vCash
    Prancer: Uberfan of Miley and Perez. Whodda thunkit?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    Prancer: Uberfan of Miley and Perez. Whodda thunkit?
    Well, you, apparently.

vCash
    Sorry, but I think it's completely invasive. It's one thing to pose for Penthouse; it's another thing to be minding your own business and have someone stick a camera up your dress.
    But if you're a celebrity you know that you will be being photographed every day by the paps.

Which leads me to think, that if you are photographed without underwear, you most likely knew very well what you were doing and was hoping for a SKANDAL to revive your flagging popularity (or promote a new album, etc.).

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    But if you're a celebrity you know that you will be being photographed every day by the paps.

Which leads me to think, that if you are photographed without underwear, you most likely knew very well what you were doing and was hoping for a SKANDAL to revive your flagging popularity (or promote a new album, etc.).
    So they're asking for it, are they?

vCash
    So they're asking for it, are they?
    People like Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian, etc. depend on their pictures being shown in as many media outlets as possible.

If you have chosen this line of work, how can you then turn around and say "but I want privacy?"

How can we distinguish between a celebrity forgetting themselves and spreading their legs wide exiting a car and a celebrity doing that on purpose so that the picture is posted/printed everywhere and widely talked about?

vCash
    I didn't realize people still went to his site. I never do lol!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    People like Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian, etc. depend on their pictures being shown in as many media outlets as possible.

If you have chosen this line of work, how can you then turn around and say "but I want privacy?"
    And prostitutes can't be raped, either, right?

How can we distinguish between a celebrity forgetting themselves and spreading their legs wide exiting a car and a celebrity doing that on purpose so that the picture is posted/printed everywhere and widely talked about?
    How about we don't distinguish between them and just not have paps sticking cameras up skirts? There are plenty of outlets for those who want to put themselves on display and then we don't have to worry about invading the privacy of the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    You know, I understand that point about celebrities who really have no talent and live solely off their image.
    I don't understand his point about any celebrities. If they have no talent, the reason that they can live solely off their image is because we, they public, pay for it. We pay to read the articles, see the pictures; we listen to the music. Even if it's indirectly, advertisers won't advertise if they don't think we'll read the articles, watch the TV special, or listen to the song. These celebrities have talent enough that we're interested enough to pay.

Because their jobs are acting and singing (for the most part), so when that's done for the day over, so is their job.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast