13 43.33%
  • Lauren

24 80.00%
  • Melinda

1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

vCash

SYTYCD Top 10 Poll

Who did you enjoy most among the top 10? Multiple choice allowed!

vCash
    Robert's tango was fab this week. Nothing stood out for me as overwhelming with the rest of the dances though some were good...

I am impartial to a tango though.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I'm assuming this poll is for this week's dances only, so I chose Lauren and Melinda. Lauren (not to be confused with Misha Chan) was the standout for me.

I think they purposefully gave Billy and Alex the most unsuitable routines imagineable so that at least one of them would have to do the DoD, and they could crow over how wonderful they are, how they MUST be saved from a close early demise (which I agree they are great, but it's still grassy knoll manipulation). Alex in particular had ALL the cards against him: Tyce + Fosse + Jazz + Misha Chan + hat + winter costume dancing to 'summertime'

The most memorable performances by far were all-stars Allison , Ashley and Pasha.
    Last edited by FunnyBut; 06-24-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Robert's tango was fab this week. Nothing stood out for me as overwhelming with the rest of the dances though some were good...

I am impartial to a tango though.
    While Robert was quite impressive last week, I found his Tango last night to be a disappointment, especially coming from someone of his dancing calibre.

His good looks were a definite advantage as his dark hair and tanned body created a wonderful contrast to Anya's blonde hair and fairer complexion - their looks complemented one another wonderfully. In addition, he looked like a *MAN* (opposed to a boy, as the cliché goes), which was an absolute necessity, not only for this particular style of dance, but to match up with Anya, who absolutely smolders with the sexiness and sensuality of a grown woman.

Unfortunately, that was the only part of their AT that worked (for me, at least). As has been said over and over, Anya was/is an absolute *beast* (in the best way possible) when it comes to Latin Ballroom dance, and she completely dominated and overshadowed him in the Argentine Tango.

It's difficult to pinpoint the various places where he fell short in the performance (IMO), but this is pretty much my take. Firstly, something about his body carriage was off. At several points, his shoulders appeared hunched, and at other times, his upper body seemed to lose a lot of the tension required to pull this style off. His footwork in some sequences was decent (particularly during some of the closed-hold sequences with the leg flicks and kicks), but there were also several moments, primarily when they were side-by-side, when he was too far down into his heels, making him appear flat-footed and again, losing the body tension. In the vein of the judges' theme of talking about the performance quality as opposed to the technical aspects, Robert was in and out of character a good bit -- I don't know if it was because he was trying to concentrate on the dance steps or if it's part of the adjustment from performing on a stage versus performing on TV.

Overall, I'd bet dollars to donuts that he's not in any danger of being in the Bottom Three, but if he doesn't recover from last night and deliver next week, he could potentially be in trouble.

vCash
    I love Alex but I can't pick him if we're only voting on last night's performances.

vCash
    My Choices were not about the dances but everything from the packages to the quirks of their actions at the judging. I rather watch the all stars dance together and with Alex.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Poor melinda
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry