Blergh
    vCash

Video Game Geeks Rejoice! E3 is here.

Official E3 site:

http://www.e3expo.com/

Ok, I just finished watching the Nintendo conference stream live, and WOW! I didn't expect to be amazed but I was.

Ok, next year we get a whole new Legend of Zelda game called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword that has much more intuitive and interactive controls with the new Wii Motion plus and it looks great so far.

Then we have a Retro Studios version of Donkey Kong Country that looks absolutely revamped from the 1994 original.

Then Metroid: The Other M looks absolutely fantastic. Not only are they back with 3D shooting and looks like there's a lot more action and a real emphasis on the story and the character of Samus (the greatest female protagonist in video game history, IMO) but will still keep the isolated adventurist atmosphere that Metroid is famous for.

Finally, a new Kirby game for a home console, and the design looks amazing. The whole world is made up of yarn (as is Kirby) and opens up the options for gameplay even further.

A follow-up to the shooting classic from 1997, Goldeneye 007 which nobody expected.

Disney and Nintendo worked together for Epic Mickey that pays homage to Mickey Mouse and the world of Disney's art by taking you to levels from old Mickey Mouse cartoons and takes you back to "forgotten" Disney characters where Mickey can erase and re-draw the level around him.

The most important thing...The new Nintendo 3DS. It's introducing 3D video gaming to the masses WITHOUT 3D glasses. They add a widescreen top, two camera lenses so you can take digital pictures and make them 3D, and it's always WIFI so you can get the latest levels downloaded, rankings, etc. Not only that but it's going to have a large selection of Third-Party video games for launch...such as Resident Evil, Saints Row, Metal Gear Solid, etc.

Oh, and their first-party game to be launched, a real Kid Icarus game. It's only been like what 17 years since the first one.

Not only that, but movie studios, like Disney/Pixar, Dreamworks, and Warner Bros. are going to release their movie titles on the Nintendo 3DS.

I think with the Nintendo 3DS, they don't even think Sony's PSP is their competitor. I think they really fighting against Apple and all the other smart phones with their rising gaming industry and know they have to offer something those things can't. Nintendo proves that they ARE video gaming.

I think that was the biggest news of the conference so far. Microsoft's conference was disappointing from what I hear, and Sony's is later today.

I'm super excited.

http://e3.nintendo.com/
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    The graphics for the new Zelda game are gorgeous. I'm soooooo glad they didn't go for that whole hyper-realistic style. Because to most video game makers, realistic apparently means mottled shades of brown and green. Ewwwww. I personally like color in my games.

Sword beams are back, yay! I don't think they've had that feature since ALTTP. And, it looks like Link will finally be able to jump. Cool.

I wonder where this new game will fit into the timeline. Hopefully, it'll help clear up the positions of some of the other games. It's pretty clear where all of the 3d games go, but Nintendo really needs to start giving us hints about where the older, 2D games go. ALTTP is esp. hard to place.

vCash
    What they've announced sounds cool. I'm more of the Blizzcon variety though. Like the mmo's

vCash
    I wonder if The Old Republic (Knights of the Old Republic video game MMO which is supposed to come out next year) will be at E3!

I have friends who went to Blizzcon and they said it was really disappointingly lame. I went to college in Irvine, so I heard allll about it.

vCash
    I am excited for Zelda (I wondered when the full capabilities of the Wii motion features would extend beyond mini games a la sports resort), but I am probably most excited for Donkey Kong... the DK Country series was a huge part of my teenage years.. loved those games!

vCash
    I'm looking forward to KotOR as well. Sounds fun. I know some people aren't happy about the style of the design(more cartoony like WoW) but I like it. Bounty Hunter? yes please!

I know some people who went to Blizzcon and liked it. Just depends on the person I imagine.

I'm interested in Diablo III, also.

Blergh
    vCash
    I just with The Old Republic wasn't going into the MMO route. At least, they should have finished their single-player console trilogy before they started developing this one. As fun as Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins were, they didn't replicate the experience I had playing the first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Blergh
    vCash
    Here's an article giving out the impressions on the new Nintendo 3DS:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098014p1.html

vCash
    I'm not a gamer, and I've no plans on becoming one, but I am a big fan of Top Gear, and lookie here! The Top Gear Track and the Stig himself will be in Gran Turismo 5.

Blergh
    vCash
    I'm far from being a car fanatic, and I love Top Gear.

On of my favorite episodes was when they went to the deep South and decorated their cars with slogans like "Support Gay Marriage" and "Hillary for President" just to end up getting harassed by other drivers and getting seriously threatened and chased out of a Alabama gas station.

When they reached New Orleans, they acted as if they hit paradise.