Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Why build another Jesus?
    'Cause it's a church and a big joint just wouldn't quite convey the intended message?

It will be interesting to see how they take this: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...27904810574383

The majority of people who called the newspaper about it are of the opinion that God struck the embarrassing statue down because he was tired of looking at it. Dunno about God, but I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of the locals.

Every time I see a picture of the skeleton, I think of the Terminator.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan1 View Post
    While you are "up north", you could go to the Sandusky area and go to Cedar Point, Put-in-Bay (sp?), some big indoor water park and recreation facility they have up there now, and the Merry-Go-Round Museum!!!
    This has nothing to do with poor, burnt T.J., and unless the 18 year old is into nature it also isn't applicable, but I thought I'd share a really beautiful place on the northern Ohio shore.

Crane Creek State Park

We used to sometimes stop there for a picnic lunch on our way home from my MIL's in PA.
    Last edited by purple skates; 06-17-2010 at 02:36 AM. Reason: I can't type worth crap lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    There's two or three of them up there now, including one attached to Cedar Point. Kalahari is lots of fun.

But if the teenage boy is traveling with just mom and/or dad, er,.........maybe not the ideal trip there. In fact, just about any trip with an 18-year-old and just mom and/or dad is going to be tough to plan.
    A water park might just be the answer for a hormone saturated 18 year old, if he can distance himself from the parental units and find some hot chicks in a string bikini.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    A water park might just be the answer for a hormone saturated 18 year old, if he can distance himself from the parental units and find some hot chicks in a string bikini.
    This time of year, both indoor and outdoor parks are open, so that might be feasible. But when it's just the indoor park, there isn't a lot of escape.

Or so my teenage son informed me last winter .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    But if the teenage boy is traveling with just mom and/or dad, er,.........maybe not the ideal trip there. In fact, just about any trip with an 18-year-old and just mom and/or dad is going to be tough to plan.

Yes. It will be either a hell of a trip or a trip from hell.

I am being a good parent and making my son participate in the itinerary planning. So far, the trip seems to be focussed on food (preferrably ribs but eating our way across America seems to figure prominently), schlock, and rock and roll.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    You miss the point-- we're supposed to be bonding. He's supposed to be with me not distanced from me (heh yeah right) Thanks for the suggestion to leave me abandoned at a waterpark surrounded by hot young bodies in bikinis--my idea of fun

I think I will need a vacation after this vacation.
    Last edited by jen_faith; 06-17-2010 at 10:43 AM.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Here's a musical tribute:

Big Butter Jesus
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jen_faith View Post
    Yes. It will be either a hell of a trip or a trip from hell.

I am being a good parent and making my son participate in the itinerary planning. So far, the trip seems to be focussed on food (preferrably ribs but eating our way across America seems to figure prominently), schlock, and rock and roll.
    Rats. There used to be the greatest restaurant right outside the Cedar Point arch called Johnny Angel's. It was part of the Greentree Inn complex (hotel, restaurant, bar, hotel pool, bowling alley, miniature golf). Johnny Angel's was 50's themed (poodle skirts, ponytails, music, stuff on the walls, etc.) And "Johnny" made an appearance several times a day. There was half of a pink cadillac on the outside wall and the other half inside the restaurant. Kitsch (sp?) city, huh? It was kind of like the old TGI Friday's, with food named after 50's people and funny comments in the margins of the school notebook menu.

This was many moons ago, but the last time we went up there and I was so excited about the restaurant, IT WAS GONE!!! Replaced by a "Frickin'" Frickers!!! I was so upset. They still had Johnny Angels cups and ashtrays and stuff in the bowling alley. (And I will always have my t-shirt from the first time we went - too small to wear, but maybe a collector's item?) Anybody else been there?

What almost made up for it being gone is that in the paper that morning, there was a big article about the brand new Hard Rock Cafe opening up in Cleveland that day - which is where we were going to the R&RHofF the next day. I'd never been to one before, so we did that. Not the same as Johnny Angel's though.

vCash
    'Cause it's a church and a big joint just wouldn't quite convey the intended message?
    heh heh heh heh

Drawing Figures
    vCash
    If they would've just shoved the Touchdown Jesus into the giant Longaberger Basket during the storm, he could have avoided that lightning strike & wouldn't be so frazzled.

Rebuild it & they will come!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234