Last year's "FSU Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon" was jolly fun. Things were tickety-boo and I was chuffed at the number of players and the snarky commentary. Well, then came the end, when Federer nicked the Championship in a heartbreaker over Andy. Congrats to Fergus anyway.
Other than the ending, Inaugural Suicide Wimbledon really took the biscuit ... so let's do it again!
FSU Suicide Wimbledon 2010: Where you try to stay 'on' top of the grass (versus under it)!
Forgive me for the lazy approach of editing and pasting in last year's instructions.
It's an easy format! (I suggest clicking last year's thread to see how things played out, what mistakes folks made, and how Fergus earned a kickazz victory.) Anyway the gist of it is this ...
You just have to pick one guy from the next day's order-of-play ... a guy you feel will win that match. If he wins, you advance in our tourney along with whoever else picked a winner ...
... and you all pick again the next day.
If/when your day's pick loses, to quote Heidi "you're out!" ... yes, you've committed suicide, and are no longer in our game. And so on and so on until there's just one of us standing.
Wrinkle: You can only choose a guy once during the tournament. So, perfectly, you'd want to pick someone each day who you're sure will win this match, but probably will not win too many more matches.
1. "FSU Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon" will start Monday, 6/21. (Actually "Sunday night/wee early Monday", as your first picks will need to be in before play begins on Monday.)
2. Each day our survivors must pick from the next day's official Order of Play (OOP) of the Wimbly men's main draw. I'll provide the OOP when it becomes available. Submit your pick by the start of play.
3. Once you pick someone, you may not choose him again for the rest of the tournament!
4. You may submit a back-up pick, if want. Your back-up will only be used if your main pick withdraws before starting his match. Place your back-up name below your official pick. e.g. ...
5. You will pick ladies at least once (during one or both of the likely two gentlemen's off days). Details on that later. mwahahahaha!
Next step: Once Monday's OOP is released, I'll post it in this thread to help facilitate your choices ... and voila we've started. I'll repeat this thru the end of the tournament, or until one of us wins if that comes first.