Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What happened [again] to Brian Boitano's cooking show?

Suddently it's there for a short period of time & the poof, it's gone. What's the deal? I liked it.

vCash
    They have had two runs of it so far. I guess there just aren't enough episodes for rolling repeats like Rachel Ray, Paula, Sandra Lee, etc.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I watched it yesterday morning for the first time. It was cute.. I kinda enjoyed it.

vCash
    He is most likely on summer break. The Food Network is notorious for not disclosing schedules in a timely manner, as well as making last-minute changes...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    What an awful show, I know what SHOULD happen to it. I'm a fan of Brian's skating but not his cooking show!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What an awful show, I know what SHOULD happen to it. I'm a fan of Brian's skating but not his cooking show!
    I haven't seen it yet. What didn't you like about it?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    It can be a little stagey and contrived sometimes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Very true. however, one of my favorite things to cook lately did come from his show. So I can't say I hate the show. I take it for what it is worth. Every once in a while it even makes me giggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Very true. however, one of my favorite things to cook lately did come from his show. So I can't say I hate the show. I take it for what it is worth. Every once in a while it even makes me giggle.
    I just love Brian so much I can forgive him for having a cheesy cooking show. Even Brian at his cheesiest is better than She Who Shall Not Be Named....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    It's not Brian's cooking skills or recipes, it's Brian trying to pull off the typical Food Network personality schtick and it's does not add anything to the show.

Quadless
    vCash
    Even Brian at his cheesiest is better than She Who Shall Not Be Named....
    Or Giada's clenched teeth and implants, or Rachel Ray's grating squeal and poor knife skills, or any number of other shows on FN.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Or Giada's clenched teeth and implants, or Rachel Ray's grating squeal and poor knife skills, or any number of other shows on FN.

Don't forget Giada massive dome either.....

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I don't think Giada has implants, she just likes to show them off.

My annoyance with Giada are her catchphrases--she says "just like that" and "kinda" all of the freaking time. She also makes these claws with her hands when she says things like "crunch" and "crispy."

I love her, but she drives me nuts.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The thing that bugs me about Giada ("the one with the big head" as hubby calls her) is that she makes all these high carb, sugary dishes and is no more than a stick with boobs. There's no way she's eating what she makes. I do like her beach house though.

Does anyone watch Bitchin' Kitchen with Nadia G? It can be over the top, but her cooking is actually quite good IMO.

The other one I was watching was Chef Academy (aired in the fall in the US, in spring in Canada but not on FN). I don't usually go for the cooking competition shows, and I don't like Chefs who yell and berate, but the contestants were interesting.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The thing that bugs me about Giada ("the one with the big head" as hubby calls her) is that she makes all these high carb, sugary dishes and is no more than a stick with boobs. There's no way she's eating what she makes. I do like her beach house though.
    I think it's a few things with her:
    1. Good genes--her mom looks great for her age, and Giada's grandma was an Italian movie star.
    2. Small portions--when Giada had her travel show, you could see that she never finished any entree that she ate.
    3. Exercise

But it's still not fair , and I cringe when she uses whole milk or heavy cream in her dishes.

Watch me move
    vCash

Like when Brian had the cocktail party for his friends, and invited a bunch of girls as potential dates for his buddies? I'm not sure why Food Network thought anyone wouldn't pick up on the obvious lack of chemisty at that gathering.....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I think it's a few things with her:
    1. Good genes--her mom looks great for her age, and Giada's grandma was an Italian movie star.
    2. Small portions--when Giada had her travel show, you could see that she never finished any entree that she ate.
    3. Exercise

But it's still not fair , and I cringe when she uses whole milk or heavy cream in her dishes.
    She mentioned in some health magazine that she cut out cheeses and refined sugars when she was trying to drop her baby weight. Well, that statement was hilarious because firstly she hardly looked as if she gained any weight with her daughter Jade and secondly, she must not have eaten any of her FN recipes for weeks then because they all seem to include cheese!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Like when Brian had the cocktail party for his friends, and invited a bunch of girls as potential dates for his buddies? I'm not sure why Food Network thought anyone wouldn't pick up on the obvious lack of chemisty at that gathering.....
    I was so like, "FINALLY, Brian has found the right girl" .

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

Don't forget Giada massive dome either.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    I don't think Giada has implants, she just likes to show them off.
    I think Rex was using the word dome to refer to her big bobble head.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I was so like, "FINALLY, Brian has found the right girl" .
    Did you see the roller derby girls? I think those girls were definitely on the "rough" side for someone with a FS background like Brian.

I loved when he imagined the pig sitting in the passenger seat of his X5. "I ain't puttin' no pig in my ride!" Yes, I love his cheeziness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast