Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    That is really unfortunate to hear! I was looking forward to seeing her at Four Continents. I hope that she takes care of her knee and will be able to resume jumping again soon.

Quadless
    vCash
    I hope the time off will serve Cheltzie well, and that we'll she'll be back better than ever next season.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    It appears now that Cheltzie will be withdrawing from her National Championships because of the ongoing issue with her knee. She remains unable to do more then simple single jumps and 2 1/2 weeks out from the competition while she is doing a full schedule of off ice training but on ice she reports only being able to edge and stroking skills. She had to enter the championships to be considered for 4CC and subsequent 2011 Worlds.
    If she is able to recover by the time 4CC rolls around, the federation would be very silly not to make a test skate for her to get her on the team.

vCash
    Especially since they have 3 spots.

vCash
    NO! I adored Cheltzie last season. I hope she recovers quickly and bounces back to have the truly amazing season she deserves!

vCash
    Cheltzie is back on the ice and going well so far it seems. I think she would have had to turn down Skate America after only being back on the ice for a couple of weeks only. I saw her last week on the ice with her coach doing program run throughs with single and double jumps. I'm looking forward to seeing the new programs at nationals!

She looks, fit, lean and always so tiny when she comes back to the ice but once she starts to skate she tends to put on more muscle mass but gosh she's tiny! Her mum said she's happy hsc exams are over, school is over and she did so well. Cheltzie's excited to focus on skating for a change until university starts! So I would safely say she'll be on track for 4Continents. (fingers crossed)

vCash
    So, she will be at Nats?

vCash
    Not sure. Maybe I'll get my girls to ask her??? She's doing program run throughs, she looks fit, happy and injury free..........

vCash
    Cheltzie continues to battle with her knee- unable to get down in the sit position, experiencing pain when she is training.

She will most probably be seeking a medical bye for her National Championships but stll hoping to regain full flexibility to be ready for 4CC where the Australian representative to worlds will be decided.

vCash
    Jumpin Bean not sure where you're getting your information from only because this isn't what I'm seeing daily in the rink. As early as this morning she was doing a short prog to a really catchy tune in an amazing dress. Have I missed something????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If she is able to recover by the time 4CC rolls around, the federation would be very silly not to make a test skate for her to get her on the team.
    Agreed, it would be silly and short-sighted, given that Cheltzie is by far their best skater and if she doesn't compete at 4CC and/or Worlds, she will have no chance to compete on the GP next year. It makes absolutely no sense to exclude someone from consideration for a competition in February because she is injured in November. I understand why Australian nationals are so early, but choosing the teams should take into account the extraordinarily long timing.

vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my daughter's Aussie skate coach told me there would be will now be qualifying rounds at 4CC and Worlds. I think if you scored in the top 18 at the previous 4CC and Worlds you don't have do the qualifying round this year at 4CC and Worlds....you already have a spot. Does this mean that Cheltzie already has a spot or Australia has a spot???? She finished last season in the top 18.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by isk8junkie View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but my daughter's Aussie skate coach told me there would be will now be qualifying rounds at 4CC and Worlds. I think if you scored in the top 18 at the previous 4CC and Worlds you don't have do the qualifying round this year at 4CC and Worlds....you already have a spot. Does this mean that Cheltzie already has a spot or Australia has a spot???? She finished last season in the top 18.......
    Australia has a spot going straight to the SP. It has to go to the highest ranked Australian skater entered.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Australia has a spot going straight to the SP. It has to go to the highest ranked Australian skater entered.
    *ranked on the ISU World Standings, not ranking by Australian Fed*

(just clarifying so no one gets confused)

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Australian nationals are on at the moment.

There's certainly no announcement of a withdrawal on Lee's part. She is scheduled to skate the short on Wednesday.

vCash
    Well, watched Cheltzie today in practice. She has grown an inch, looks taller, even leaner. Fantastic new short program and no sign of withdrawal. I only saw her doing doubles but boy did they look easy, big and strong. Fingers crossed we'll get to see her compete. She's pretty popular as so many people watched her practice today.

vCash
    Well, watched Cheltzie today in practice. She has grown an inch, looks taller, even leaner. Fantastic new short program and no sign of withdrawal. I only saw her doing doubles but boy did they look easy, big and strong. Fingers crossed we'll get to see her compete. She's pretty popular as so many people watched her practice today.
    Go Cheltzie!

vCash
    Thank you for keeping us updated.

I can imagine Cheltzie winning Nats, even if she skates just with doubles.

vCash
    As predicted Cheltzie Lee has once again withdrawn from her National Championships.

Hopefully her knee will recover enough for 4CC in February so she can contest for selection from the Australian skaters to get to Worlds.
    Last edited by Jumpin Bean; 12-01-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: error

vCash
    Nooooooooo! Any news of the reason why??? Doesn't make sense...she was skating so well! I even saw her giggling with Johnny Weir tonight! Watching the show practice from a distance....sorry but the show looks a bit lame no familiar faces other than Johnny Weir!

He's just wonderful...taking photos with the skaters and all! Too bad we won't get to see the show..I would have booked to stay longer just to see Johnny skate! Wasn't advertised well nationally..........
    Last edited by isk8junkie; 12-01-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast