Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Come to think of it.....I don't think I've EVER seen her do a 3loop in practice, just 3t3t combs, 3flips and 3lz NEVER 3loop. I think all skaters have a jump they don't like MAYBE the loop is hers???

vCash
    I guess she won't be doing any Junior Comps next season then.

Shame because I think she would be capable of making the JGPF if she skated well.

vCash
    If no loop then

3lutz
    3flip
    3toe2toe2toe
    3toe
    3sal2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

I love girls with no 3loops - Kwan, Kim, Liashenko, Meier, Nakano, Suguri, Elene G., Gao, and now Lee! Hmm who else?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If no loop then

3lutz
    3flip
    3toe2toe2toe
    3toe
    3sal2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

I love girls with no 3loops - Kwan, Kim, Liashenko, Meier, Nakano, Suguri, Elene G., Gao, and now Lee! Hmm who else?
    It seems to be easier to name girls with 3Loop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    It seems to be easier to name girls with 3Loop
    I also love girls who heavily rely on the 3loop: Sokolova, Lepisto, Butyrskaya

vCash
    Um IRINA? Queen of the loop jump. And some of the cute little Russian girls seem to be taking after her in that respect, particularly Anna Ovcharova and Adelina Sotnikova .

vCash
    If no loop then

3lutz
    3flip
    3toe2toe2toe
    3toe
    3sal2toe
    3sal
    2axel - 2axel

Gao did a 3lo at Junior Worlds and it was actually pretty good. You can download that FS off of fsvids

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Um IRINA? Queen of the loop jump. And some of the cute little Russian girls seem to be taking after her in that respect, particularly Anna Ovcharova and Adelina Sotnikova .
    And Mighty Mao
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    And Mighty Mao
    Mao too. Her programs are full of loops and I know she prefers doing 3-3s with 3lo on the end, even though for most people it's harder than a 3t.

vCash
    Nice to read about this skater. Seeing her on TV was one of the best surprises of the US Olympic coverage - they didn't show too many of the non-contenders, but her journey from the "wait list" to Vancouver was a compelling sport story.

Kind of like Tugba's tale of the last couple of Olympics. With a bit of fan/FSU support, she could become yet another Obscure (Australasian) Skater who gets shown, if ever Worlds or 4CCs gets shown on TV again.

vCash
    Just felt like bumping up this thread about Cheltzie because she seems to have many fans worldwide!

ETA: Here's a Cheltzie update that was posted in the Grand Prix thread on October 1st (thanks, isk8junkie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by isk8junkie View Post
    Cheltzie was offered all JGP but turned them down. Very important year for her here in Australia. School has always been her focus (a top student) and school in Australia doesn't accommodate sport. The start of the JGPs fell right during mandatory trial exams and now she is due to start her final HSC (maybe similar to USA's SAT's) shortly. I was told she's also injured at the moment but is expected to skate at nationals.

She doesn't need a bye to nationals, being an international skater she goes straight to nationals.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-14-2010 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    My daughter trained with Cheltzie on her last trip here, they had a great time together. My daughter has told me that Cheltzie has told her she has been unable to train since an injury to her knee in July, she is doing a lot of off ice training trying to stay fit but at this stage she is in doubt for their national championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    My daughter trained with Cheltzie on her last trip here, they had a great time together. My daughter has told me that Cheltzie has told her she has been unable to train since an injury to her knee in July, she is doing a lot of off ice training trying to stay fit but at this stage she is in doubt for their national championships.
    Oh no!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Oh dear. I hope she's able to recuperate -- she was a real pleasure to watch last season.

But at least that makes me feel better about why so many other skaters were picked as GP vacancies arose. Maybe she got invites that had to be declined because of the injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    Thanks a lot for the update.

Poor Cheltzie.

vCash
    Cheltzie's appeared at our rink out of nowhere last week back on the ice! She's so tiny but boy is she tone! Great to see her back stroking and then this morning I saw her do interval training on the ice. My girls were so glad to see her back on the ice. She said she's trying to pull something together for nationals with the biggest smile!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Wishing Cheltzie the best with her training!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Cheltzie is listed for Nationals in Melbourne this December.

She needs to be in the top three to be selected for Four Continents. From there, she needs to be the top Australian of the three there to qualify for Worlds in Tokyo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Cheltzie is listed for Nationals in Melbourne this December.

She needs to be in the top three to be selected for Four Continents. From there, she needs to be the top Australian of the three there to qualify for Worlds in Tokyo.
    Go Cheltzie!

vCash
    It appears now that Cheltzie will be withdrawing from her National Championships because of the ongoing issue with her knee. She remains unable to do more then simple single jumps and 2 1/2 weeks out from the competition while she is doing a full schedule of off ice training but on ice she reports only being able to edge and stroking skills. She had to enter the championships to be considered for 4CC and subsequent 2011 Worlds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast