Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    For those who follow her, what is the issue with her marriage? The article mentioned they were on the verge of divorce.

Kind of ironic in a way--she leaves her husband for another man, only to lose her inheritance over it. And in the end they break up anyway. OTOH, people seem to think she became much nicer and more down to earth after being cut off by her father, so maybe it was a mixed blessing.
    I've started watching their show last seasons, and they have a few problems that they need to work on, and they both know what's wrong... it's just the fixing part that they're having problems with.

Dean's problem is that he fixates so much on his hobbies that he isn't as involved with his family as Tori would like. It also impedes his search for acting jobs. Tori actually has 3 problems. The first one is that she internalizes her feelings and then will blow up after all the resentment builds up. The second problem is that she has so many projects going on all at one time, that it wears her down. So her having the swine flu and the effect it had on her is extremely plausible to me. Her third problem, which they haven't discussed on the show, and is just my opinion, is that Tori is extremely controlling. Dean can't do this because it makes her jealous. Dean can't do that because she fears he's going to crash and die. And Dean allows it, though resentfully, I think because he realized he needs to keep his sugar mama happy. Add to that, they have differing views on parenting, like most couples, and that causes some discord as well.

I do think they love each other, but sometimes it seems as though Dean tries too hard to make up for the fact that he cost her her inheritance.

Wow, I can't believe I just let everyone here know that I actually am addicted to this show

vCash
    When I have caught episodes of this show, I find that I like Tori too. Which completely surprises me. Plus, did she know that she was going to be disinherited? Like she was given an ultimatum – do this or I will cut you off? And she did it anyway? Lots of people would not have done that.

ETA from the nerdycool post, yeah I have seem some of that but I think the appealing part is that they struggle and there isn't any entitlement on either part. They are just flawed and are trying to work through it.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Plus, did she know that she was going to be disinherited? Like she was given an ultimatum – do this or I will cut you off? And she did it anyway? Lots of people would not have done that.
    My understanding, which is incredibly limited, is that her father warned her of that, but she didn't think he would actually go through with it. IOW, she thought he would be pissed for awhile, but eventually get over it. I wonder if she knew he would follow through, if she would have done the same. And I wonder if she would have just seen him on the side until her father passed, then switched.

Hard to say...

Blergh
    vCash
    Tori Spelling was actually pretty good as an aspiring theater actress who thinks she sings and dances better than she does (yeah, I know) in this movie I saw with a few friends called Trick. It starred Neve Cambell's brother, Christian Campbell.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Dean's problem is that he fixates so much on his hobbies that he isn't as involved with his family as Tori would like. It also impedes his search for acting jobs.
    I only saw a few episodes of the first series, but is he seriously claiming he can't take acting jobs. because he has to do his hobbies? Um, I don't think it's the hobbies that are interfering with his inability to get work...it would seem to be more that he, um, isn't a very good actor.

I hope he also realizes that without Tori's $$$, even if those are less than expected, he probably wouldn't be able to afford fancy motorbikes and all the other stuff he needs for hobbies.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

From the Bloc
    vCash
    What are his hobbies?

vCash
    What was the ultimatum she got?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I only saw a few episodes of the first series, but is he seriously claiming he can't take acting jobs. because he has to do his hobbies?
    He didn't say he couldn't, but he apparently spent so much time on racing that he didn't pursue auditions or however actors get jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    What are his hobbies?
    His first hobby was scuba diving. Tori got jealous that one of his instructors was a hottie, so she insisted he quit under the premise of scuba diving being dangerous. He did.

His second hobby is motorcycle racing. He's crashed a few times, once having to be transported to the ER. Tori does NOT like it, and they had a huge blowout earlier this season over it. He's promised to cut back on it, but I assume he's still racing to some degree, since he's sponsored.

Quote Originally Posted by talldrink View Post
    What was the ultimatum she got?
    She got the "don't marry him or I'm cutting you out of my will" ultimatum. She did, so he did.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    His first hobby was scuba diving. Tori got jealous that one of his instructors was a hottie, so she insisted he quit under the premise of scuba diving being dangerous. He did.
    BWAHAHAHA.

Well, scuba diving *is* dangerous, but on the other hand most diving instructors have to be in good shape and such to make sure their clients are safe and that they can rescue them in an emergency. What was she expecting? An instructor who looked like Ursula in The Little Mermaid?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    What was she expecting? An instructor who looked like Ursula in The Little Mermaid?
    I would totally take Scuba lessons from THAT instructor. She'll teach me not to underestimate the power of BODY LANGUAGE.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Dean sounds like he has a lot of issues - clearly trying to prove *something* and/or is finding ways to get out of the house and/or is finding ways to avoid working (or attempting to work). No wonder they have issues.

I like Tori more and more.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I felt like IceKween did when I was watching 90210. But "Tori and Dean" series totally turned me around on her. This is a rare case where doing a reality show actually worked in a celebrity's favor (as opposed to Bobby and Whitney, Jessica Simpson, etc). I find that while she is still a princess and likes the fine things in life (which is pretty understandable considering her upbringing), she has adapted to having less money with grace and humor (lots of humor!) and seems to be a very loyal friend and caring mother. Just what they've done for Patsy (the woman who initially helped out as a nanny) alone shows that she's more than the bitchy, talentless, entitled rich kid that I always thought her to be.

I'm less impressed with Dean, but they DO truly seem to love each other. They are having the struggles that any couple has in a marriage IMO.

As for the money - between her books, HSN jewelry line and other odd jobs, she is supporting her family well. Not at the level she grew up in, but certainly wealthy in her own right.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I like Tori more and more.
    I'm not sure that I like her, if only because she seems to think she is the only person who ever had problems balancing work and family life, but I do feel sorry for her. She clearly has a lot of baggage and it sounds like Dean and *his* baggage are just adding to that.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I have hesitated to say anything about Tori, but I finally broke down and have to make a comment.

She is as anorexic as my ass is a size 14!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Until you post a pic of your patootie, it's hard to know how to interpret your post ^^^

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Until you post a pic of your patootie, it's hard to know how to interpret your post ^^^
    I think this may be the one time that I am grateful that MOIJTO doesn't know how to post a link.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12