Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash

Tori Spelling: I'm Not Anorexic, I Had Swine Flu

OK then....
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...tal-frame.html

And really, do we need a THIRD book from her? Is she that interesting?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    I had a hard time recovering from stomach flu late last year and lost 10-15 lbs, which on my frame is A LOT. (Normally I look around Tori's size in those photos, which is pretty darned skinny to begin with. ) I looked downright anorexic and technically I was - I didn't have any appetite because I got nauseous every time I ate. But it's not like I was aiming to be thinner. So her reasoning isn't dubious, but the fact that she's talking about it just as her new book is coming out is.

What's more frightening are those implants.

But yeah, a third book?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I thought they were dorsal fins, they are so inappropriate for her frame.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    another news flash...does anyone care?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Aren't they constantly filming for her show? Wonder if any of this so called swine flu makes the new season..
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    According to that article she weighed 93 lbs??? Did I convert that correctly? That is scary thin!

For a moment I thought the thread title was also the title of her book.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    And really, do we need a THIRD book from her? Is she that interesting?
    I didn't even know she had any memoirs published. The first two must have had good sales, and Tori, being the good businesswoman that she is, wants to milk the cash cow for all its worth before it runs dry. The names of the books are though: sTORI telling, uncharted terriTORI, and MOMMYWOOD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I had a hard time recovering from stomach flu late last year and lost 10-15 lbs, which on my frame is A LOT. (Normally I look around Tori's size in those photos, which is pretty darned skinny to begin with. ) I looked downright anorexic and technically I was - I didn't have any appetite because I got nauseous every time I ate. But it's not like I was aiming to be thinner. So her reasoning isn't dubious, but the fact that she's talking about it just as her new book is coming out is.

But yeah, a third book?
    Technically you weren't anorexic. It's a mental disorder. Not the act of not eating food itself.

And yes those implants ARE skary! And they look like they sag too!

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley0884 View Post
    Technically you weren't anorexic. It's a mental disorder. Not the act of not eating food itself.

And yes those implants ARE skary! And they look like they sag too!
    "Anorexia" as a medical term, is a symptom that describes loss of appetite, no matter what the cause. It's anorexia nervosa that's the mental disorder. But people often shorten it.

vCash
    Okay I'm going to admit I just ordered her book and yes I've read the last two.... You know I never cared for her early career and never watched 90210, but one day a few years ago I caught her new show "Tori and Dean Inn Love" and they were trying to run an INN and I just thought it was hilarious. I find her to be very quirky, yet endearing! She kinda grew on me The latest season just ending with them renewing their vows...no mention of swine flu. I did think she was getting awfully thin, but seemed health in all the shows I saw.

vCash
    I admit to watching her show on Oxygen. Her little boy is so cute and says some funny things in the background.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    another news flash...does anyone care?
    Well, you must, cause your reading this thread...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    So, maybe to the public she has swine flu, but if I was a friend or family member, I'd be so alarmed and convince her to get help for an eating issue. She's always teetered on being extremely too thin, way before her swine flu. The public needs to respect her privacy, but hopefully this is being dealt with behind the scenes before she spirals into something worse. No family member or friend should accept this explanation.
    I've never had any time for Tori. Hated Donna on 90210, her spoiled rich bitch behavior, the shotgun marriages, the obnoxiousness of just her presence. But in the past couple years she does seem to be sweet and a bit more down to earth. And it's hard to see someone in such a bad condition.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    I've never had any time for Tori. Hated Donna on 90210, her spoiled rich bitch behavior, the shotgun marriages, the obnoxiousness of just her presence. But in the past couple years she does seem to be sweet and a bit more down to earth. And it's hard to see someone in such a bad condition.
    Agree - couldn't stand her on the show, and what little I saw of her off-set self seemed like bitchy little rich girl.

But I've softened over the years - she does seem to be a nice person, and I admire her resourcefulness after not getting the inheritance she likely grew up thinking would be hers.

Hopefully her husband at least is taking care of her, and hopefully she realizes before too long that she's too skinny and doesn't have to be.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Sigh...denial...
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I watch the show too.. I think she and Dean are adorable together and their kids are so cute!

I don't remember seeing anything about her being sick though.. but I didn't watch all of the shows so that means absolutely nothing lol.

vCash
    For those who follow her, what is the issue with her marriage? The article mentioned they were on the verge of divorce.

Kind of ironic in a way--she leaves her husband for another man, only to lose her inheritance over it. And in the end they break up anyway. OTOH, people seem to think she became much nicer and more down to earth after being cut off by her father, so maybe it was a mixed blessing.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Actually she says they aren't divorcing, but they have issues. Hopefully they'll be able to work it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    For those who follow her, what is the issue with her marriage? The article mentioned they were on the verge of divorce.

Kind of ironic in a way--she leaves her husband for another man, only to lose her inheritance over it. And in the end they break up anyway. OTOH, people seem to think she became much nicer and more down to earth after being cut off by her father, so maybe it was a mixed blessing.
    And her current husband left his wife to be with her. So two marriages were destroyed so Tori and Dean could be together. And Tori wasn't even married to her first husband all that long.
    If ignorance is bliss, I'm overjoyed.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I can see where there would be issues, with both having exes, her mother, living in the spotlight, two young children, having to earn money when she grew up never expecting to.

That's why I don't really blame her for going the reality route with TV series and autobiographical books - she didn't have the upbringing, doesn't have the education and likely has few skills, so she's going with the one thing she does have, and that's her notoriety and her current life.

Reminds me of Victoria Beckham, who I also have a soft spot for. She admits flat out that she has no real talent and not much education. She's made the most of what she does have - looks, the luck of the Spice Girls, a famous husband - to make a life for herself, and she's made it a success. From what I can tell, like Tori, she is also a very nice person and quite down to earth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast