• Bazarova/Larionov

27 50.00%
  • Della Monica/Kocon

1 1.85%
  • Berton/Hotarek

7 12.96%
  • Sui/Han (currently only 1 spot)

4 7.41%
  • Iliush/Maisuradze (currently only 1 spot)

1 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Anyway here is how I see the events:

NHK- Pang & Tong win easily. Denney & Barrett favored for 2nd, possibly challenged by Barazova & Larionov and Inoue & Baldwin.

Skate Canada- Kavaguti & Smirnov the favorites. Dube & Davison possible challengers for the gold with home field advantage if K&S make mistakes. McLaughlin & Brubaker 3rd if they have come back from last season well, maybe 2nd if D&D skate poorly.

Cup of China- Pang & Tong win easily. Zhangs on home ice probably take 2nd easily.
    3rd to Evora & Ladwig or Lubov & Nodari.

Skate America- Savchenko & Szowkoly win easily. Denney & Barrett and McLaughlin & Brubaker battle for 2nd on home ice.

Russia- Kavaguti & Smirnov the heavy favorites on their home ice. Dube & Davison 2nd.
    Evora & Ladwig challenging for 2nd or 3rd.

Eric Bompard- Savchenko & Szowkoly win easily. Zhangs 2nd, and Barazova & Larianov 3rd.

OK I hadnt notice how weak the Zhangs assignments are so yes they will probably make the final with two 2nd place finishes unless the have a bad skate at Eric Bompard and drop to 3rd or 4th there (even if they skate badly at Cup of China they will be held up to still finish 2nd). Still I dont forsee them being a big threat this coming season.

For the other spot I would say Denney & Barret. They pretty much only need to beat their teammates and I except they will manage that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    The Zhangs' glaring weaknesses may allow other teams to pass them at certain competitions (thank goodness, because I used to find them ridiculously overscored), but I don't think we're going to see some dramatic and steady decline with them. Their presentation may be abysmal at times, but that won't be enough to throw them off the radar because they have more difficulty than basically everyone.
    Exactly. You said it very well.

Berton/Hotarek, M-T/Moscovitch, some Russian teams, Sui/Han could challenge for medals in those GP events also.
    Last edited by haribobo; 06-18-2010 at 04:36 AM.

vCash
    We may not see a dramatic decline with the Zhangs but we will see a steady one IMO. And if they decline any further from what they dropped to last season I see them retiring before the 2014 Games. I would be very surprised if they are on a World podium again.

I also dont agree they have the most difficulty. Kavaguti & Smirnov and Savchenko & Szowkoly do more difficulty even though they rarely do it all clean (neither team has to in order to beat the Zhangs at this point though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12