Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Then would Rockne's bye to 2011 Nationals still apply with a new partner?
    No. He would have to qualify with a new partner through one of the 3 U.S. Sectionals in November in order to compete at 2011 Nationals. And he would have to find a new partner and they would have to register by the U.S. Nationals qualifying application deadline of Sept. 1st.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-22-2010 at 10:04 PM.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Then would Rockne's bye to 2011 Nationals still apply with a new partner?
    It's probably better to continue the future McL/B competition options discussion in their break-up thread or in the 2010-11 US Pairs thread since neither of them are going to be on the 2010-11 GP now.

ETA: I've copied over PolymerBob's question and Sylvia's answer into the 2010-11 US Pairs thread.

vCash
    Following HisWeirness' format ... here is the breakdown of Pairs GP initial spots assigned.

Those in bold have 0 or 1 assignment.
    * indicates JGP age-eligible.

Mukhortova/Trankov RUS [5 WS; 5 SB] - split
    Morand/Dorsaz SUI [19 WS] - split
    McLaughlin/Brubaker USA [7 WS; 14 SB] - initially assigned to Skate Canada & Skate America and their slots are now open due to their split.

Teams guaranteed 1-2 assignments based on world standing, Worlds, SB, JW or JGPF
    (2) Savchenko/Szolkowy GER 1 WS; 4 SB
    (2) Pang/Tong CHN 2 WS; 2 SB
    (2) Kavuguti/Smirnov RUS 3 WS; 3 SB
    (2) Zhang/Zhang CHN 4 WS; 6 SB
    (2) Dube/Davison CAN 6 WS; 8 SB
    (1) *Takahashi/Tran JPN 8 WS; 19 SB; JGPF2/JW2 - NHK TBA & Russia
    (1) Zhang/Wang CHN 9 WS; JGPF3 - NHK
    (2) Denney/Barrett USA 10 WS; 10 SB
    (1) Brodeur/Mattatal CAN 11 WS; 22 SB - France
    (1) *Sui/Han CHN 12 WS; 13 SB; JGPF1/JW1 (new) - America
    (2) Della Monica/Kocon ITA 13 WS; 15 SB
    (1) Dong/Wu CHN 14 WS - Canada
    (1) Iliushechkina/Maisuradze RUS 15 WS; 20 SB - China
    (1) Inoue/Baldwin USA 16 WS; 16 SB - NHK

(2) Evora/Ladwig USA 17 WS; 12 SB
    (1) Castelli/Shnapir USA 18 WS - Canada
    (1) Kemp/King GBR 20 WS - America
    (1) Yankowskas/Coughlin USA 21 WS; 18 SB - China
    (1) Novik/Kuznetsov RUS 22 WS (new) - Russia
    (1) Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS 23 WS - Canada

(1) *Stolbova/Klimov RUS 24 WS; JW3 (new) - America (also JGP?)
    (2) Bazarova/Larionov RUS 11 SB
    (2) Berton/Hotarek ITA 24 SB

Next in line according to SB scores (* = ISU Jr.-eligible)
    (1) 27 Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN - America
    (1) 31 Simpson/Miller USA (new) - Russia
    (1) 32 Hausch/Wende GER - NHK
    (1) 33 Hole/Johnson CAN (new) - China
    (1) 36 Sulej/Chruscinski POL - France

(0) 39 *Jones/Gaskell CAN - JGP
    (0) 41 *Petaikina/Kurduykov RUS -JGP
    (1) 42 Lawrence/Swiegers CAN - Canada
    (0) 43 *Vasilieva/Shevchuk RUS - JGP
    [44 Riseeuw/Paxton GBR (new) - retired]
    (0) 46 *Purdy/Marinaro CAN - JGP (if still together)
    (0) 47 Zhang/Toth USA (new)
    ... (I stopped here)

Host Picks + TBA (in order of GP event)
    (1) NHK Trophy TBA (held for Takahashi/Tran, I assume?)
    (2) Canada TBA + need to pick replacement for McLaughlin/Brubaker
    (1) China TBA
    (2) America TBA (including replacement for McLaughlin/Brubaker)
    (1) Russia TBA
    (2) James/Coia (new team) + France TBA

Corrections welcomed.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-23-2010 at 01:46 AM.

vCash
    To finish the seasons best list, there were some good ones left!
    Bold are all the non JGP teams which are still together, italic they were guarenteed at least 1

Next in line according to SB scores (* = ISU Jr.-eligible)
    13 *Sui/Han CHN - America & JGP
    16 Inoue/Baldwin USA - Japan
    18 Yankowskas/Coughlin USA - China
    20 Iliushechkina/Maisuradze RUS -China
    22 Brodeur/Mattatal CAN - France
    25 Novik/Kuznetsov RUS (new) - Russia
    26 Zhang/Wang CHN - Japan
    27 Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN - America
    28 Dong/Wu CHN - Canada
    29 *Stolbova/Klimov RUS (new) - America & JGP
    31 Simpson/Miller USA (new) - Russia
    32 Hausch/Wende GER - NHK
    33 Hole/Johnson CAN (new) - China
    34 Kemp/King GBR - America
    36 Sulej/Chruscinski POL - France
    37 Martiusheva/Rogonov RUS - Canada
    39 *Jones/Gaskell CAN - JGP
    40 Castelli/Shnapir USA - Canada
    41 *Petaikina/Kurduykov RUS -JGP
    42 Lawrence/Swiegers CAN - Canada
    43 *Vasilieva/Shevchuk RUS - JGP
    [44 Riseeuw/Paxton GBR (new) - retired]
    (46 *Purdy/Marinaro CAN - JGP (if still together)
    47 Zhang/Toth USA (new)
    [48 Bird/Schultz CAN -split]
    49 *Steele/Schultz CAN -JGP
    50 *Cheng/Gao CHN -JGP
    [51 Ozerova/Enbert RUS -split]
    52 Kostenko/Talan UKR
    53 *Gurdzhi/Voller GER -JGP
    54 *Silaeva/Minchuk RUS -JGP
    55 Sunyoto-Yang/Sulindro-Yang TPE
    56 *Carman/Reiss USA -JGP
    [57 Crenshaw/Tsagris GRE -split]
    58 *Kadlecova/Bidar CZE -JGP
    59 *Tikel/Beharry CAN -JGP
    [60 Andrews/Anderson USA -split]
    [61 Pipkin/Dunie-Neustadt USA -split]
    62 Bobak/Penasse CAN
    [63 Hecht/Trefil HUN -split]
    64 Ivanova/Zalevski BUL
    65 *Aoi/Guo HKG -JGP
    66 *Levshina/Tyc POL -JGP
    [67 Vollmer/Sidhu USA -split]
    68 *Duarte/Grafton USA -JGP
    [69 Jorg/Koenderink -split]
    70 *Khnychenkova/Magyar HUN -JGP
    71 *Kaliszek/Kaliszek POL -JGP
    [72 Zabijako/Muhhin EST -split]
    73 *Clement/Hunt GBR -JGP
    74 *Salatzki/Seegert GER -JGP
    [75 Melnik/Deinega UKR -split]
    76 *Martini/Kiefer AUT -JGP
    Last edited by sammyf; 06-23-2010 at 02:55 AM.

vCash
    My hearsay info is that the sibling team of Sunyoto-Yang/Sulindro-Yang TPE have split (he has retired, she may be looking for a new partner).

vCash
    How does one obtain tickets to watch Rostelecom Cup of Russia (November 2010)? I tried visiting the Figure Skating Federation of Russia website (http://fsrussia.ru/) and even with Google Translate version I cannot find any information about tickets and such. The ISU also does not have such information that I seek, so I was wondering if anyone had some insight on how to go about this? I appreciate any help and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelikelatte View Post
    How does one obtain tickets to watch Rostelecom Cup of Russia (November 2010)? I tried visiting the Figure Skating Federation of Russia website (http://fsrussia.ru/) and even with Google Translate version I cannot find any information about tickets and such. The ISU also does not have such information that I seek, so I was wondering if anyone had some insight on how to go about this? I appreciate any help and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask..
    Just a suggestion. A friend who attended last year was able to obtain tickets through one of the travel agencies who takes care of your Russian visa. I would look for one of those first, inquire about the cost of obtaining a visa (which can be very expensive, so I would shop around) and explain that you are looking for help in terms of tickets as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Just a suggestion. A friend who attended last year was able to obtain tickets through one of the travel agencies who takes care of your Russian visa. I would look for one of those first, inquire about the cost of obtaining a visa (which can be very expensive, so I would shop around) and explain that you are looking for help in terms of tickets as well.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Hi lovelikelatte,

the Rostelcom Cup of Russia tickets are sold rather late and via telephone, last year it was early September for the mid October event. You could try to find someone from Moscow on a skating forum to buy tickets for you, this worked for me last year (even though I ended up not going due to work commitments).

And a question: Any news about Yannick Ponseros's future?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The 2010-11 Grand Prix Announcement has FINALLY been released:

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1901

2.1 b) (under Seeded Skaters) is new:
    “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 at any
    previous ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently do not participate in one or more
    competitive seasons are allowed to re-enter the Grand Prix if they commit to participating in 2 Grand
    Prix events. A come-back under this clause is allowed only once for any skater. Subsequent to the
    come-back season, the skater will be considered only by his /her placement on the official lists (seeded
    or World Standing points, etc.). If the skater is no longer on the list, he/she will not be considered for a
    Grand Prix event.
    A similar provision was in 2.2 e) last season to allow previously seeded skaters "who due to injury or no fault of their own" to receive up to 2 assignments.
    The new "come-back" provision seems to not care why the skaters sat out a season or two (or three, etc.).
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 06-28-2010 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    So Evan can get assignments. And Joannie. Also Johnny. Also Kimmie. For that matter Rena & John (who once finished 4th at worlds). And a cast of 1000's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    So Evan can get assignments. And Joannie. Also Johnny. Also Kimmie. For that matter Rena & John (who once finished 4th at worlds). And a cast of 1000's.
    Don't forget Michelle.

This seems like a loophole the size of Texas. I wonder what they were thinking?

vCash
    Well if it encourages people to return to eligible skating, it's a good thing I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    This seems like a loophole the size of Texas. I wonder what they were thinking?
    It's a one-time loophole the size of Texas. After what happened last season, they could call this the Sasha clause. They gave Sasha 2 GP events, and she didn't show up. So this clause says she gets no more chances.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The 2010 Men's GP assignments table has been updated to reflect the ISU Council's ineligibility decision regarding Plushenko. Plushenko's name has been removed from the assignments for the Rostelecom Cup GP event.

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1903

Old (previous) version of Men's GP assignments:
    http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1885
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 06-28-2010 at 06:42 PM.

vCash
    For reference, here are the invite rules for this season (it is bizarre to get this after we've already gotten the assignments)

2.1 Seeded Skaters/Couples
    a) Skaters/couples who have placed 1 – 6 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance) at
    the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will be considered to be seeded skaters/couples
    and will be assigned, by draw, to skate in two events.

b) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 at any
    previous ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently do not participate in one or more
    competitive seasons are allowed to re-enter the Grand Prix if they commit to participating in 2 Grand
    Prix events. A come-back under this clause is allowed only once for any skater. Subsequent to the
    come-back season, the skater will be considered only by his /her placement on the official lists (seeded
    or World Standing points, etc.). If the skater is no longer on the list, he/she will not be considered for a
    Grand Prix event.

c) If a seeded or “come-back” skater/couple withdraws from an assigned event, even for medical reasons,
    that skater/couple will not be assigned to another event.

d) If any vacancies (less than 6 skaters/couples per discipline) remain after having filled the places as to a)
    to b) of this paragraph, the next priority will be given to those skaters/couples not meeting the above
    criteria but who have achieved a seasonal best (as posted on the ISU website for season 2009/10)
    score equal to or better than the top six from the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010.

e) If vacancies still remain after having filled the places as to a) to d) skaters/couples placed 7th and below
    at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will become seeded skaters in order of
    placement.

f) If a seeded or “come-back” skater/couple withdraws from one of the assigned events or declines an
    invitation to one of the assigned events, that skater/couple will still be considered and the next highest
    placed skater/couple at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will not become a seeded
    skater/couple.

2.2. Invited skaters/couples

a) Skaters/couples who have placed 7 – 12 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance) at
    the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will be guaranteed to be selected for two ISU Grand
    Prix of Figure Skating events. If there are any retirements from placements 7 – 12, the next priority will
    be given to those skaters/couples not meeting the above criteria but who achieved a seasonal best score
    equal to or better than those placed 7 – 12 at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010. If
    vacancies still remain, skaters/couples placed 13th and below at the ISU World Figure Skating
    Championships 2010 will be selected in order of placement.

b) Skaters/couples with an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 (after season 2009/10) and
    skaters/couples with seasonal best scores in the top 24 (for season 2009/10) who do not hold an ISU
    World Standing placement of 1 – 24 will be guaranteed one (1) event if they do not otherwise meet the
    criteria listed in paragraphs 2.1 or 2.2 above.

A listing of seasonal best scores for each season will be compiled to include the following events:
    * ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final
    * ISU Senior Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final
    * ISU Figure Skating Championships
    * Olympic Winter Games (if applicable in the year concerned)
    * Other ISU controlled Events as identified each season by the ISU Council.

c) Medallists from the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2010 and the medallists from the
    ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2009/10 will be included in the selection process.
    Skaters/couples who have stated their intention to skate as Senior in 2010/11 will be guaranteed one (1)
    event.

d) A maximum of three (3) skaters/couples in each discipline from the Organizing Member may skate in the
    Organizing Member’s event. This includes skaters/couples selected according to paragraph 2.1 and 2.2
    above. If the Organizing Member chooses not to exercise its option for the three (3) skaters/couples in
    any discipline from its own country, the remaining slot(s) must be filled as per paragraphs 2.2 a) and b)
    above.

e) If any slot(s) remains open and if all skaters/couples as defined in paragraph 2.2. a) and b) above have
    been selected for one (1) event, the Organizing Member may select any skater/couple with a top 75
    seasonal best score to fill the open slot(s).

f) Pairs or Dance couples, who were placed amongst the ranks as previously mentioned in criteria a) and
    b) in the year 2008/09 or 2009/10, but have split, will be considered in the alternate list with the new
    partner, if proof is given that they intend to continue the competitive career.

g) In addition to the seeded skaters/couples, or “come-back” skaters/couples and the above-mentioned
    invited skaters/couples, each Organizing ISU Member may select additional skaters/couples in
    accordance with selection procedures established by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group. The
    maximum number of entries per event, however, is set as follows:

Men and Ladies not more than 12 but not less than 10 entries
    Pairs not more than 8 but not less than 6 entries
    Ice Dance not more than 10 but not less than 8 entries

i) No invited skaters/dance couples may compete in more than two events of the ISU Grand Prix of
    Figure Skating. These events will count for points and prize money will be awarded according to
    placements.

j) A maximum of three skaters/couples from the same ISU Member may compete in the same
    discipline of any individual event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating.

k) Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be assigned to another event if they choose not to skate in an
    assigned event.

l) Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be assigned to another event if, by medical reason, they
    withdraw from an assigned event.
    So we're keeping the "pairs and dance teams with new partners can be alternates" rule from last season and gaining this whole "you can come back once" thing. Interesting.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    What's the event in Russia going to be called? The GP announcement has "Rostelecom Cup". Meanwhile, the ISU is still calling it "Cup of Russia" on the GP page and the event page.
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    The Ros in "Rostelecom" is Russia. "Rostelecom" is the Russian Telecommunications Company. I don't think there would be a Rostelecom Cup in another country unless they operate in other countries.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    What's the event in Russia going to be called?
    I assume it will be Rostelecom Cup like last season, since that company is a sponsor of the Russian Fed. I think it's just an inconsistency caused by miscommunication between whoever updates the website and the rest of the staff or someone just copying previous year items.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The Zaretsky's have been struck from their two Ice Dance GP assignments:

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1914

No other changes to the assignments table. This frees up two GP slots, one at NHK Trophy and one at Skate America.

(Skate America and NHK Trophy already have 3 USA slots, so the re-assignment will be from a non-USA team ).

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast