Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1011
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Isabel Drescher was offered NT but she reclined

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,984
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Isabel Drescher was offered NT but she reclined
    Would be a bit hard to do the JGP in GBR and Nebelhorn Trophy within a few days. At changing the whole training and competition plan on short notice is never a good idea!

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    How about Shira Willner?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,984
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    How about Shira Willner?
    She was removed from the entry list for the JGP in GER (17-Sep-10) and if I remember correctly there was a rumor going around about injury too.

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    That's too bad. Didn't she withdraw from Euros this year due to injury as well?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,966
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8658
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That's too bad. Didn't she withdraw from Euros this year due to injury as well?
    She didn't withdraw, but she missed the final cut, if I remember correctly.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    Thanks. I must be confusing her with someone else, then.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Thanks. I must be confusing her with someone else, then.
    so it´s time to bring dytrt back on the scene

    but i think her programs aren´t ready and she is neither.
    i will be so excited about seeing her 'comeback'.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4691
    So, Savchenko/Szolkowy revealed their new programs and plans for the future.
    The SP will be a russian-hungarian folklore based music, the FS will be to Pink Panther.
    There were no words about jumps and highlights of the program.

    Savchenko said, that they want to win europeans and worlds and after that to decide, if they will go on until sotchi.
    maybe they will take a break and come back 2014, but let´s see and wait.

  10. #130
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    With all the new pairs this season it won`t be easy. The new Russian pairs will be very strong as will the Chinese, So they will have to be inovative and stronger than the rest of the world who have started to copy their very unique style of presentation

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    With all the new pairs this season it won`t be easy. The new Russian pairs will be very strong as will the Chinese, So they will have to be inovative and stronger than the rest of the world who have started to copy their very unique style of presentation
    I honestly don't think they will have trouble winning Europeans, their biggest competition will be K/S and with all the trouble they have been having with injuries this summer they may not be 100% by then.

    Worlds is another story the Chinese will be strong as well as K/S and V/T have 6 months to get it together (and they'll need it). Don't count out D/D and the US pairs either I see them as being a much bigger threat than any new Russian team.

    Please skating Gods there be pink spandex again!

  12. #132
    The wiener takes it all
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minor Planet Johnnyweir 12413
    Posts
    11,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1728
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Please skating Gods there be pink spandex again!
    Hopefully Aliona has a lot of leftover shiny pink spandex from the Lost in Space costumes

    Too bad that she'll probably want to be in pink and not Robin

  13. #133
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I honestly don't think they will have trouble winning Europeans, their biggest competition will be K/S and with all the trouble they have been having with injuries this summer they may not be 100% by then.

    Worlds is another story the Chinese will be strong as well as K/S and V/T have 6 months to get it together (and they'll need it). Don't count out D/D and the US pairs either I see them as being a much bigger threat than any new Russian team.

    Please skating Gods there be pink spandex again!
    As I had a look at Donlan/ Speroff on you tube, I must say I can`t remember seeing such an elegant pair on the ice for the US in a long time. If they manage toget better on their jumps they are one of the US top pairs.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    on the rivers of Babylon
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOHZrIpNx7Q

    Tryout Video of Martin Liebers with Anzhelika Pylkina

  15. #135

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Back to skating!
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,416
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2755
    Oh, I hope this pair will work out. I was so sad to see Pylkina/Hogner split, I liked them very much.

  16. #136

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    in the centre
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2426
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    So, Savchenko/Szolkowy revealed their new programs and plans for the future.
    The SP will be a russian-hungarian folklore based music, the FS will be to Pink Panther.
    There were no words about jumps and highlights of the program.

    Savchenko said, that they want to win europeans and worlds and after that to decide, if they will go on until sotchi.
    maybe they will take a break and come back 2014, but let´s see and wait.
    honestly, I'm not really convinced by their fs music choice...but maybe I'm prejudiced and loads of pink spandex will change my mind .

  17. #137
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,508
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The dance lift with changes of position into sbs 3toes in the SP looks awesome! <3

    Please get your heads back into shape again S/S!

  18. #138

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,066
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    35661
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The dance lift with changes of position into sbs 3toes in the SP looks awesome! <3

    Please get your heads back into shape again S/S!
    Did you see an S/S video? where? Am I missing it?

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,508
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Did you see an S/S video? where? Am I missing it?
    It's mostly interviews, you hardly see any skating sadly.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zryaedAe6Lo
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sportarten/7689757.html

    You see spread eagle into a lift (which they did before), dance lift with changes of pos into 3toes (which is new and awesome), step out from throw 3flip and short bits of other elements.

  20. #140
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,518
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I read in an interview they are working on a quad flip

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •