Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Does this mean that they are deciding whether to waive the requirements for her to compete in singles, or whether to waive the requirements to allow her to skate the Team Event? If the latter, then Lithuania would move from first on the alternates list to the Ladies individual event.
    if they will decide pro weinzierl, she will skate the team event and the singles, not only the team event; but i wouldn't be surprised if the german olympic comitee alongside the german fed would make some strange movements again.
    but it seems, that weinzierl is likely to be send, as she es ireally neeeded for the team

vCash
    german press release mentioned and confirmed heckens problems in mannheim, as she didn't want to train anymore alongsie weinzierl, so their coach gave them different coaching times, but hecken finally switched to berlin and will be coached from now on by stefan lindemann

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    No ladies skater is needed for the team, according to the rules -- Germany can compete with three -- and because Germany is unlikely to make the Final in any case.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    No ladies skater is needed for the team, according to the rules -- Germany can compete with three -- and because Germany is unlikely to make the Final in any case.
    Thats not the way the German Fed is arguing with the German Olympic Board. They say she is needed for the team competition and if she goes for that they might as well let her compete in the real ladies event too.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    For her sake, I hope it works, but if the German Olympic Board has any clue, they won't buy this argument. If they had created performance standards for the TE, they might pass up on sending a team.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    dear oh dear ... why can't they just let Nathalie weinzierl go!

i mean, come on, she finished in the top ten at Euros, from what I remember?
    and she did EXTREMELY well at last year's world championships to gain an olympic spot.

overall, she's a pleasant skater and deserves the chance.

I would hate to see a repeat of Annett Dyttrt's incident

vCash
    I was just going to say - an 11th place at Euros from Annett was not enough when the norm was top ten. We Germans are sometimes very weird.

vCash
    any news on jr worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    any news on jr worlds?
    Junior Nationals in January will be the final qualifying competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I was just going to say - an 11th place at Euros from Annett was not enough when the norm was top ten. We Germans are sometimes very weird.
    I love you Germans most of the time. but you are weird in the same way considering figure skating Oly nominations as we Finns are.
    I really hope Natalie can compete. She has earned the Place, and that is a great achievement.

vCash
    The Olympic Team has been announced:

http://www.eislauf-union.de/DEU-Olym...view_news.html

Weinzierl has been nominated as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post

Weinzierl has been nominated as well
    Danke, Sandra! Weinzierl earns it!

vCash
    this is really great. i love that; great german team: 1 man, 1 lady, 2 pairs and 2 dance teams, i like that!!!

vCash
    I'm glad they've used all of their EARNED spots.. I never understand countries that give up spots that are earned because of a seperate criteria that they've established. Makes no sense whatsoever.. what about the hundreds of thousands of $$$ that have bene spent for years on development? Use the spot(s)!! Congrats to the German team!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If the Team Event does nothing other than convince Germany's Olympic Committee to get rid of its ridiculous criteria, then it has done its job. Congratulations to Weinzierl!

vCash
    TV feature on German Champion and Olympian to be Peter Liebers (in German):
    http://mediathek.rbb-online.de/rbb-f...entId=18914978

His family and his fiancee Denise Zimmermann (a former German international figure skating competitor) are introduced as well. Peter also reveals that he wants to marry Denise this summer.

Here is also a link to the broadcast of the "Stars und Sternchen" skating show in Berlin from last December (right after Nationals). Aljona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy also participated: http://mediathek.rbb-online.de/rbb-f...entId=18878734

vCash
    German Junior and Novice Nationals will take place this weekend and it is the final qualifier for Junior Worlds.

Nicole Schott will compete in the Junior Ladies devision as part of hte Junior Worlds qualification but her scores and placing will be "ignored" for deciding the Junior Champion.

Entries http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...r_DNM_2014.pdf

http://www.eislauf-union.de/Deutsche...oad_p_offset=0

vCash
    German Junior and Novice Nationals will take place this weekend and it is the final qualifier for Junior Worlds.

Nicole Schott will compete in the Junior Ladies devision as part of hte Junior Worlds qualification but her scores and placing will be "ignored" for deciding the Junior Champion.

Entries http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...r_DNM_2014.pdf

http://www.eislauf-union.de/Deutsche...oad_p_offset=0
    why will her placement be ignored? because she skated the senior champs before?

it will be hard to surpass lutricia bock in either way, or?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    why will her placement be ignored? because she skated the senior champs before?

it will be hard to surpass lutricia bock in either way, or?
    for the moment the 2 ladies spots seem to be Lutricia Bock's and Maria-Katharina Herceg's but you never know what happens at JN.

and yes because Nicole already competed at Nationals she is not allowed to skate both.

vCash
    for the moment the 2 ladies spots seem to be Lutricia Bock's and Maria-Katharina Herceg's but you never know what happens at JN.

and yes because Nicole already competed at Nationals she is not allowed to skate both.
    thanks for the clearance.

ah, i totally forgot that weinzierl saved 2 spots for this season; that's great for the girls.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast